Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 02-12-2023 06:07 AM

I rather the big4 hire sinkies from mid tier than the jhk from big4 jb outlet. Those jhk always sibei haolian they got 7 years of experience working in audit. Talk dragon talk tiger but then only hit first year senior title nia, which only takes 2 years for local to achieve that. Not to even mentioned their work paper quality is like sai, only expert in following last year’s. On the other hand, most of the homegrown sinkies from mid tiers are at least quite useful in my jobs, not perfect, but usable.

Unregistered 02-12-2023 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262102)
Say what you want but I always knock off on time despite being for team lead in my project

Sure or not, your jhb manager never kpkb meh

Unregistered 02-12-2023 07:41 AM

Yea i agree that sinkies from mid tier r way better than jhk big 4 or even local home grown
They have more exposure and better endurance
One junior told me in mid tier the environment is so toxic becos of the bond, their managers and partners verbally shout at people because they know u cant quit

But nowadays many jhk in mid tier also. Much more than big 4 jhk. Lol. Local sinkies in mid tier r usualy associate level and get bullied by jhk.

Unregistered 02-12-2023 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262113)
Yea i agree that sinkies from mid tier r way better than jhk big 4 or even local home grown
One junior told me in mid tier the environment is so toxic becos of the bond, their managers and partners verbally shout at people because they know u cant quit

But nowadays many jhk in mid tier also. Much more than big 4 jhk. Lol. Local sinkies in mid tier r usualy associate level and get bullied by jhk.

because the only reason a local would join mid tier is fresh grad w/o exp to get jobs elsewhere, and manager above who are promised an easier path to partnership (which is true, targets are lower)

ACRA should be doing something about these instead of bothering us with all the useless nonsense. How to have audit quality when you're hiring so few people and the people you do hire are crap but cheap? Even quality staff will bai lan when tekan until like this

Unregistered 02-12-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262113)

Mid tier is jhk outnumber sinkies. It is like 70 to 80% jhk.tbh, who wants to join mid tier like foo kon tan? The name itself is already a joke. Sounds like fuucking tan

Unregistered 02-12-2023 11:13 AM

If I'm from big 4 means its easier to get jhb from mid tier?

Unregistered 02-12-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262085)
You have to pay 2 years of salary regardless of how long you have worked. So even if you worked 1 month, you have to pay the whole 2 years.

Also, there's a 3-4 year laptop bond where you have to pay them for the laptop so if you leave before that, you have to pay them a few k... if you think big 4 is bad, mid tier takes the cake.

Dont spread rumors. Bdo not like tht

Unregistered 02-12-2023 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262077)
whats the avg bonus like in mid tier? 3 months at least?

3 months for me for the past 10 years

Unregistered 02-12-2023 12:41 PM

I love jhb. please bring more of them so I am motivated to OT everyday with them in office

Unregistered 02-12-2023 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262123)
I love jhb. please bring more of them so I am motivated to OT everyday with them in office

JHB if pretty than its ok.
becos there are more ugly sinkie bu than ugly jhb in big 4. iykyk