Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 14-09-2023 01:05 PM

They give u increments yearly cos ur starting point is already so low. They work u so hard but the increments merely barely makes u comparable to people who start elsewhere.

Unregistered 14-09-2023 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255883)
the problem is, why does audit work need to be so shag in the first place? not even value-adding, so client don't want to pay ****. if you get paid 100 for cleaning a toilet you aren't gonna make it spanking clean, just no biohazard can already, so why are we killing ourselves

1) Statutory deadline. Doesn’t help majority of companies have December year ends.
2) Standard setters raising the bar on quality and requirements
3) Your bosses, like in every company, want to make money.
4) Your clients may or may not find it value adding, and hence may not be willing to pay more.
5) Juniors lack experience and may have lower academic grades than 10 years ago, need more time to pick up or do slower. Seniors may have to OT to pick up the slack.

Unregistered 14-09-2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255883)
the problem is, why does audit work need to be so shag in the first place? not even value-adding, so client don't want to pay ****. if you get paid 100 for cleaning a toilet you aren't gonna make it spanking clean, just no biohazard can already, so why are we killing ourselves

I didn’t want to bring this up, but it’s partly a Millennial vs Gen Z thing too.

The batches before ours are more willing to “suck it up” and accept certain conditions which we find unfavourable or unacceptable.

I am more strawberry.

Unregistered 14-09-2023 03:29 PM

Anybody inside orange and yellow knows what the AM pay is?

Unregistered 14-09-2023 04:48 PM

Show this forum to your fellow HR department. Yellow especially needa reform else they no more going concern. Fun fact: Authority questioning yellow ratio of local to foreigner now

Unregistered 14-09-2023 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255897)
Show this forum to your fellow HR department. Yellow especially needa reform else they no more going concern. Fun fact: Authority questioning yellow ratio of local to foreigner now

authority as in partner or authorities like MOM/ICA? most big 4 have a 51 local/PR:49 foreigner ratio anyway, it's probably the max

Unregistered 14-09-2023 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255907)
authority as in partner or authorities like MOM/ICA? most big 4 have a 51 local/PR:49 foreigner ratio anyway, it's probably the max

Yellow management push for foreigners to get PRs hoping they will stay. It's a loophole but backfire and people left

Unregistered 14-09-2023 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255892)
Anybody inside orange and yellow knows what the AM pay is?

I know for Orange. PM me.

Unregistered 14-09-2023 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255914)

why must pm, this is a salary forum... share so all of us know leh

Unregistered 14-09-2023 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255914)

bro u r unregistered, pm simi sai. just post la, anonymous anyway