Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 29-07-2023 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253024)
Anyone care to share how a partner in singapore is remunerated? info online is mixed and confusing.

Remunerated based on how much money they make lor

Take your papers, become CA, then become PA, then open your own audit firm and you can decide how you want to split the profits with your co-partners.

Unregistered 29-07-2023 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253017)
Has anyone tried talking to their manager to ask for a pay raise before? Does it work?

Nothing stopping you from asking right.

But in B4, I don’t think managers got such power since the firm follows a fixed pay scale and salary bands.

Unregistered 29-07-2023 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253017)
Has anyone tried talking to their manager to ask for a pay raise before? Does it work?

Lol when hiring even hiring partner cannot adjust pay band. you want manger to give you pay raise. Laugh my ass off

Unregistered 29-07-2023 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253034)
Lol when hiring even hiring partner cannot adjust pay band. you want manger to give you pay raise. Laugh my ass off

Wad a joke mgr is also lowest life form, no power.

Unregistered 29-07-2023 07:21 PM

Errr maybe it’s not the same as other companies

But “manager” is not the same as “management”

A lot of times associates go complain to manager

Not realising manager is just normal employee, maybe there a few more years than you

Imagine you Primary One student not happy with the canteen food prices, you don’t go complain to the Primary five student right?

Unregistered 29-07-2023 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252729)
The range is huge.

For example, PwC Australia has publicity release its Partners compensation to be between $340,000 to $3,675,000.

Feel free to google “PwC Australia salary release”

I think cannot compare. PwC really leads the pack for Big 4 firms in Australia. Deloitte comes second

Big 4 fee income in Australia is very heavily driven by consulting work. Companies and state and fed govt literally spend billions of $$ on consultants annually. U can read about it online. I think the top end partner comp in Australia are all from the consulting arm. Audit partners def not so much

Singapore Big 4 business is still mostly audit and tax only. So the comp variance should be lower between partners in singapore

Unregistered 30-07-2023 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253046)
Errr maybe it’s not the same as other companies

But “manager” is not the same as “management”

A lot of times associates go complain to manager

Not realising manager is just normal employee, maybe there a few more years than you

Imagine you Primary One student not happy with the canteen food prices, you don’t go complain to the Primary five student right?

Basically you saying managers also no power la

Unregistered 30-07-2023 10:19 AM

EY retrenched ppl and hiring freeze now, even audit. gg

Unregistered 30-07-2023 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253055)

EY SG no retrench la, only US side. But yes hiring freeze in EY SG

Unregistered 30-07-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253055)

Huh?? Siao liao. I thought they keep saying shortage and all the ginnas don't want to be auditors? Why now retrench? Auditors are like the construction workers of office jobs, and construction workers never get retrenched one.

One of the 'advantages' of Big 4 is that it's supposed to be iron rice bowl even though hiring standards are low. Is that not true anymore?