Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-04-2023 08:40 AM

If you are so good, go find another boss to work under. No need to bash the accounting profession

Unregistered 30-04-2023 09:05 AM

does big 4 pay AWS?

Unregistered 30-04-2023 09:49 AM

the 4 year degree is like being retained for 1-2 years alr. Now private uni can join workforce earlier and become your superior at work.

Unregistered 30-04-2023 09:59 AM

f

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247319)
If you are so good, go find another boss to work under. No need to bash the accounting profession

ya found.
Need to bash so that new fresh grads can choose wisely :)
a diamond will shine anywhere.
and i found someone who values my work :)

bless me :D

Unregistered 30-04-2023 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247311)
Ya. im the gentleman u are taking about.
Yes. Accting industry is going downhill because of high workload and low pay.

ISCA and SAC even sent people to my school and ask for ways to make accounting more attractive. This is rubbish. ISCA and SAC dun know HR management? Why are they so dumb. They keep making talks asking for inputs but no action was done.

Audit is actually a good thing but these monkeys trying to make costs low, hire all sorts of weird people. People from private, from poly from anywhere else. Even those with no accounting background, they are hiring too.

It is so common these days where audit failures are on the news. They know these are the problems but did nothing to solve it. They should make high barrier of entry. Increase audit pricing and make those companies pay for it. This can help to make audit profession a premium rather than a dog life.

As compared to investment banking. Yes, investment bankers OT a lot. But their pay are more than triple that of auditors. However, the bankers hours are not tripled of auditors.

I have personally worked with so many incompetent dumbos when i was an intern in big4. I cant believe the work that ive done is far more superior than my A1 or A2. That is such a disgrace. Some A2 dun even have work ethics. They just come work to chat with friends all day and also didn't do vouching, just copy paste the amounts from the General ledger and take it as vouched.

This is all because of the selection in hiring process. They need people and hire all sorts of rubbish. In addition, due to the low pay, people lacked motivation to work harder. Some dun even have their concepts right. How to audit without knowledge?

Other than audit, all local uni are looking into investment banking / risk / consulting / banking / compliance / etc.

anything is also better than external audit. But definitely, external audit exit opportunities are still better than some banking roles and internal auditors. This is kind of sad. Incompetent people are exiting with better opportunities? LOL. ok i think if a gem can shine, it will shine anywhere. A rubbish will somehow go to bin. >:(

Which big 4 did u intern at? Did u report to the senior about the poor work ethics of the A1/A2?

Unregistered 30-04-2023 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247328)
ya found.
Need to bash so that new fresh grads can choose wisely :)
a diamond will shine anywhere.
and i found someone who values my work :)

bless me :D

Which big 4 did u intern at? And did u report about the poor work ethics of the A1/A2 to to the senior?

Unregistered 30-04-2023 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247316)
no im Singaporean sg local uni :)
yes i hate jhk too.
sry to say, most of them are incompetent.
but only some are competent.

and wth their English....
they shud pay more tax.

Just an advice. Dont be too overconfident in yourself, doesnt mean anything just because u performed "exceptionally well" as an intern. The things interns do in big4 are mainly vouching/stat review/roll forward. These are all mundane and unimportant tasks which the seniors / managers just like to dump it and ask the interns/A1s to do.

Unregistered 30-04-2023 12:45 PM

f

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247335)
Just an advice. Dont be too overconfident in yourself, doesnt mean anything just because u performed "exceptionally well" as an intern. The things interns do in big4 are mainly vouching/stat review/roll forward. These are all mundane and unimportant tasks which the seniors / managers just like to dump it and ask the interns/A1s to do.

u r so wrong, i covered up A2's jobscope like testing for provision too. I know my stuff ok.

Unregistered 30-04-2023 12:46 PM

f

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247333)
Which big 4 did u intern at? And did u report about the poor work ethics of the A1/A2 to to the senior?

cannot say which big4.

the team was so small, no senior on the team.
only 1 A1, 1 A2, 1 intern ;)

and my grades are dependent on the internship, so ya i cannot create a big trouble too.

Unregistered 30-04-2023 01:11 PM

can attest to this, some seniors really useless, rely on juniors for notes and testing. Some just get promoted because they stay longer in big 4