Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 17-06-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68462)
no choice. LLST, chui means chui. why want to act and talk so much

they need to act only because their real selves are too sad case

Unregistered 22-06-2015 04:19 PM

Hi everyone, SIM-UOL student here expecting to get my final year results August this year and graduate. I have been searching for a permanent job since my last exam finished but has yet to secure one.

I would like to ask SIM-UOL seniors, how long on average does it take to secure a permanent job? I have been jobless for 1 month already and starting to get worried.

Any tips to secure a job? I have tried both job agencies and direct application to employer but so far no news. I'm so worried.

Unregistered 22-06-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68806)
Hi everyone, SIM-UOL student here expecting to get my final year results August this year and graduate. I have been searching for a permanent job since my last exam finished but has yet to secure one.

I would like to ask SIM-UOL seniors, how long on average does it take to secure a permanent job? I have been jobless for 1 month already and starting to get worried.

Any tips to secure a job? I have tried both job agencies and direct application to employer but so far no news. I'm so worried.

mate, u need to lower your expectations

Unregistered 22-06-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Try some SMEs or temp jobs.
Chances are small when applying for reputable firms.

Hopefully you have other value added credentials than just a UOL graduate. Things like relevant experience, internships, overseas immersion, CCAs, volunteers work. Strong recommendation letters from lecturers, internship employers etc.

Unregistered 23-06-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Take up temporary jobs. and call friends, even old friends, be thick skin.

Unregistered 23-06-2015 09:10 PM

Which industry r u applying

Unregistered 24-06-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

I grad 10 years ago from SIM-UOL. I got an offer to work in an SME within 2 months of graduation but turned it down. I waited until the 6th month before I was offered an position in a GLC and a PB job at a bank at the same time, of which I chose the former. Of course I was starting to get nervous... word of advice, don't go applying for jobs that you obviously will not get and that includes CS jobs.

All the best.

Unregistered 24-06-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68926)
I grad 10 years ago from SIM-UOL. I got an offer to work in an SME within 2 months of graduation but turned it down. I waited until the 6th month before I was offered an position in a GLC and a PB job at a bank at the same time, of which I chose the former. Of course I was starting to get nervous... word of advice, don't go applying for jobs that you obviously will not get and that includes CS jobs.

All the best.

Huh? You gave up a PB job offer to join a GLC???? I thought IB & PB are the top jobs in the banking industry every top grad is trying to get in...

Unregistered 24-06-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68943)
Huh? You gave up a PB job offer to join a GLC???? I thought IB & PB are the top jobs in the banking industry every top grad is trying to get in...

i meant personal banker/ consumer bank sales.

Unregistered 04-07-2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

do you have any work experience?
contract/temp/part-time/internships?