Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 19-09-2023 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256209)
No. Kinda weird that you ask this. Everyone knows uniSIM -> SUSS , and even uniSIM not equal to SUSS for the seniors that got in when it was still uniSIM as the admission standards were different.

As for SIM it is not even a university, it is just a building/company for your distance learning program taught by mostly locals. Not linked to uniSIM and most definitely not SUSS.

Thanks for the info! The building along Clementi / Bukit Timah beside Ngee Ann Poly.

Is that SUSS or SIM? Or does that building / campus house both?

Unregistered 20-09-2023 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255056)
1st year: 1400
2nd year: 1450

now in my seventh year and collecting 2k per month

don't do it guys, retry your a levels and get into a real university... there is no hope for sim trash like us.

Speak for yourself. Your resume is probably ****. I graduated into a 4.5k job (tech), with a third class honours degree from UOL 5 years ago. Now earning much more with promotion based on my performance, earning more than most of my peers who graduated from local Us. This is because while I was schooling, i went through a number of internships and competitions, and not just complete a degree. My friend who graduated from RMIT is earning 5 figures from a sales job (not insurance) because he was able to perform. So yeah, don't need to project your incompetence onto the rest of us and credit any instances of success to pure luck; SIM students can prove themselves to be hireable, just don't expect the salaries of target colleges of course.

Unregistered 20-09-2023 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256390)
Speak for yourself. Your resume is probably ****. I graduated into a 4.5k job (tech), with a third class honours degree from UOL 5 years ago. Now earning much more with promotion based on my performance, earning more than most of my peers who graduated from local Us. This is because while I was schooling, i went through a number of internships and competitions, and not just complete a degree. My friend who graduated from RMIT is earning 5 figures from a sales job (not insurance) because he was able to perform. So yeah, don't need to project your incompetence onto the rest of us and credit any instances of success to pure luck; SIM students can prove themselves to be hireable, just don't expect the salaries of target colleges of course.

Post your income tax then

Unregistered 23-09-2023 01:00 AM

Any fresh grads who found a role in tech?

Also wanna ask if the current perspective of private uni entering public sector (including stat boards) still the same? i.e. rare?

Unregistered 23-09-2023 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256518)
Any fresh grads who found a role in tech?

Also wanna ask if the current perspective of private uni entering public sector (including stat boards) still the same? i.e. rare?

Seen a number in HR. Or else, usually backend roles.

Unregistered 23-09-2023 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256537)

My SIM friends are everywhere - one’s in bank compliance, the other one is in recruitment.

Unregistered 23-09-2023 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256537)

any idea on the starting pay range?

Unregistered 23-09-2023 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256596)
any idea on the starting pay range?

Bro, it's 3k+ .... honestly, either work hard for your A's/poly GPA, if not just go overseas. Aus / UK/ US, depending on your budget.

Unregistered 23-09-2023 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256563)
My SIM friends are everywhere - one’s in bank compliance, the other one is in recruitment.

yah SIM grads are everywhere. many of the female grads as they are unable to get decent salary in the coporate world. They end up doing only fans, or FL via sammyboy.

Definately a great thing!

Unregistered 24-09-2023 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256602)
Bro, it's 3k+ .... honestly, either work hard for your A's/poly GPA, if not just go overseas. Aus / UK/ US, depending on your budget.

Appreciate your reply.
Was wondering if cs grads would also be around 3k+