Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 12-08-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179951)
No... Ops VP hardly start above 10k. Unless your friends are in tech.... If not no way.

They do actually (US BBs - ~ 11-12k). Unless you are someone with really low YOE but promote fast (high flyer)

Unregistered 12-08-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179955)
They do actually (US BBs - ~ 11-12k). Unless you are someone with really low YOE but promote fast (high flyer)

Bro.. I dont know where you got your info from. I am in US BB, not your high flyer, whether you believe it or not, yeary increment on average is 2-3%, promotion increment is 15% max. You start off non grad prog at 3.5k base, promote to senior analyst in year 3-4, promoted to avp in year 5-7, and VP in 7-10. The max I've gotten in bonus is 0.5 months with 1k USD Extra due to tax cuts for US banks, I've been here long enough to know the above, again, I am in ops not tech.

Unregistered 13-08-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179964)
Bro.. I dont know where you got your info from. I am in US BB, not your high flyer, whether you believe it or not, yeary increment on average is 2-3%, promotion increment is 15% max. You start off non grad prog at 3.5k base, promote to senior analyst in year 3-4, promoted to avp in year 5-7, and VP in 7-10. The max I've gotten in bonus is 0.5 months with 1k USD Extra due to tax cuts for US banks, I've been here long enough to know the above, again, I am in ops not tech.

Can agree with this too. All these jokers and trolls who probably can't even step foot into a BB and throwing all these numbers out based on hearsay or other troll forummers

Unregistered 13-08-2021 01:17 AM

Got my degree from kaplan last year, but I managed to get offers from a french asset management, fintech startup, sembcorp and stat board in my recent job hunt.

I guess you just need to get your first job, grind harder and, everything will fall into place.

In case you are wondering, I have 5 years of experience now, in IT sector.

Just my 2 cents. All the best guys! Don’t give up! :)

Unregistered 13-08-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179964)

I am in a US bank as well. Your pointers don’t seem to refute mine — which is to say, VPs start of at 11k-12k unless you have lesser YOE but promote fast because you are a high flyer (eg 6 years from analyst to VP - I saw one class of grad programme which all got VP in 6 years apart from 1). Meaning to say, if you hit VP faster with say 6 YOE, your base will be slightly lower than someone who hit VP in say 8 years (start at ~11-12k). There’s no AVP in my bank. Given that you have provided a range (which is somewhat accurate for a typical direct hire grinder), I doubt you are a VP yet, but do correct me if I’m wrong. Bonuses range from 0.5-3months in ops, but I would say avg is 1-1.5. If you are getting 0.5 it means your team/you are not delivering.

Unregistered 13-08-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179995)
I am in a US bank as well. Your pointers don’t seem to refute mine — which is to say, VPs start of at 11k-12k unless you have lesser YOE but promote fast because you are a high flyer (eg 6 years from analyst to VP - I saw one class of grad programme which all got VP in 6 years apart from 1). Meaning to say, if you hit VP faster with say 6 YOE, your base will be slightly lower than someone who hit VP in say 8 years (start at ~11-12k). There’s no AVP in my bank. Given that you have provided a range (which is somewhat accurate for a typical direct hire grinder), I doubt you are a VP yet, but do correct me if I’m wrong. Bonuses range from 0.5-3months in ops, but I would say avg is 1-1.5. If you are getting 0.5 it means your team/you are not delivering.

Ur bank sounds like jpm, and his bank sounds like Citibank.

Unregistered 13-08-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179995)

You are prolly in JPM or GS which could explain the difference. I was in one of those with AVP as a title. But I left in year 6 and moved into s&t.

Unregistered 14-08-2021 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180031)
You are prolly in JPM or GS which could explain the difference. I was in one of those with AVP as a title. But I left in year 6 and moved into s&t.

Lateral move? If not how did you make the switch? Am curious.

Unregistered 17-08-2021 08:24 PM

SIM UOL Degree Classification

Anyone knows the Degree classification of the honours degree in SIM UOL?

Is the below correct?

First Class Honours 70 - 100
Upper Second Class Honours 60 - 69
Lower Second Class Honours 50 - 59
Third Class Honours 40 - 49
Pass 34 - 40
Fail 0 - 33

Unregistered 17-08-2021 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180276)
Anyone knows the Degree classification of the honours degree in SIM UOL?

Is the below correct?

First Class Honours 70 - 100
Upper Second Class Honours 60 - 69
Lower Second Class Honours 50 - 59
Third Class Honours 40 - 49
Pass 34 - 40
Fail 0 - 33

There's no third class honours. 40-49 is pass. Below 40 is a fail.