Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 13-11-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75078)
unless you are from oxbridge or LSE, pls dont compare.

60/100 can get you a 2:1 in the UK, 60/100 is merit in SG.

it is widely known that local unis bell curve to push grades down. in the UK theres no bell curve because most students cannot make it.

its only in sim that they bell curve to push students to pass - if not, everyone will drop out and they wont be able to collect their $$

please get your facts right 60/100 dont get you in 2:1 and my brother in NUS also told me that his class suppose to fail afew module. but after bell curve, all passed. so i wonder what is what? if no bell curve most student cannot make it then show me the proof? get your logic right first before arguing.

Unregistered 13-11-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

it is widely known that local unis bell curve to push grades down. in the UK theres no bell curve because most students cannot make it.

its only in sim that they bell curve to push students to pass - if not, everyone will drop out and they wont be able to collect their $$

graduted from edinburgh. it is true 60/100 doesn't get you a 2:1. for my engineering course it wasn't. If you had attended a UK eduation.

Unregistered 13-11-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75079)
please get your facts right 60/100 dont get you in 2:1 and my brother in NUS also told me that his class suppose to fail afew module. but after bell curve, all passed. so i wonder what is what? if no bell curve most student cannot make it then show me the proof? get your logic right first before arguing.

://.lse.ac.uk/study/generalCourse/currentStudentsAndAlumni/transcripts.aspx

"Upper Second 60-64 B+"

dont open your mouth, if opening makes you sound like an idiot.

Unregistered 13-11-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75082)
://.lse.ac.uk/study/generalCourse/currentStudentsAndAlumni/transcripts.aspx

"Upper Second 60-64 B+"

dont open your mouth, if opening makes you sound like an idiot.

typical NUS/NTU grads. :) marks doesn't mean smarter:)

Unregistered 13-11-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75083)
typical NUS/NTU grads. :) marks doesn't mean smarter:)

IKR, im from sim and im doing a trading role now.

looking at all those stupid local grads thinking they can get in just cause they book smart/better grades.

employers these days only want street smart

Unregistered 13-11-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75084)
IKR, im from sim and im doing a trading role now.

looking at all those stupid local grads thinking they can get in just cause they book smart/better grades.

employers these days only want street smart

Many of top overseas and local grads are really street smart. Strictly speaking you do not know what are you talking about. Myself also a successful trader, a non-local uni grad.

Unregistered 13-11-2015 01:41 PM

i don't wanna quote anybody, well, yes results and school plays a part but don't forget luck. i didn't choose our local uni simply because of our education system. I am another UK grad just like some others in this thread. UK education system had gave me an understanding why most politicians/CEOs decided to send their children overseas. people weren't spoon fed there, there's alot more then just results. in the end, they built you with a thinking and visualing habit and not everything simply based on theoretical stuff because it isn't always logical. Look at those successful people arund the world, which education area were they from? Hence, to local grads, please be humble, you know how have you performed in the outside world now.

Unregistered 13-11-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Yea, so much for bell-curves. I have a friend in NTU, who only did 1 out of 4 question in exam. He got a B cuz of the curves. So, your point being?

Unregistered 13-11-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75091)
Yea, so much for bell-curves. I have a friend in NTU, who only did 1 out of 4 question in exam. He got a B cuz of the curves. So, your point being?

ok noted. time to go back to your course at sim now. recess is over.

Unregistered 13-11-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75091)

bro you been to uni?

there are papers with 4 qn, 1 qn has 90% weightage, the rest only 3% kind.

+ proj work and other stuff.