Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 11-11-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74947)
erm.

there are 0 sims in graduate programs or MAP in any banks.

HR automatically filters them out - since HR do not recognise sim papers.

worthless.

you say there are, show me. how i know there isnt?

simple. i'm from one of the MAPs. we network with other firms. i've been told first hand by the HR top dog in SG that they filter out sim- papers immediately.

Exactly, the best is the SIM kids are so delusional and keep trying to argue otherwise. When you ask them for proof, they just avoid the issue and point to some BS "friend" of theirs.

Unregistered 11-11-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74951)
Exactly, the best is the SIM kids are so delusional and keep trying to argue otherwise. When you ask them for proof, they just avoid the issue and point to some BS "friend" of theirs.

dun be so bad lar, they already 'downgrade' their expectation liao. earlier on were still claiming they can be top mgt in big mnc

Unregistered 11-11-2015 02:59 PM

I know someone in the late 30s who reach MD level in a european bank. He was only poly and work from the ground up all the way and upgrade himself at SIM in the process, thats how I know him.

Unregistered 11-11-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74961)
I know someone in the late 30s who reach MD level in a european bank. He was only poly and work from the ground up all the way and upgrade himself at SIM in the process, thats how I know him.

just got a cv from a recruiter - "LSE" grad.

applying for analyst role - BB IB, IBD role.

cv looks quite weird - im from the REAL LSE myself. said he did consumer banking sales + credit risk back office. now with SCB.

even better, he claims to be in the same LSE batch as me. unbelievable these sims people.

QNS: should i get HR to call him in just for me to give him a good one?

Unregistered 11-11-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

Anyone who can reach MD in a bank by late 30s would be considered high flyer even by ivy league standards. If indeed there is such a poly person, the whole banking world would have known him/her.

Also this top banking superstar would have been sponsored to study in any international top tier business school, why would he/she go sign up for some part time course in SIM mixing around with mostly junior execs or blue collars who earn 5% of what he's getting?

Until there is a proper name and bank where this person works in, I am inclined to think it's another one of those SIM fantasies.

Unregistered 11-11-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74962)
just got a cv from a recruiter - "LSE" grad.

applying for analyst role - BB IB, IBD role.

cv looks quite weird - im from the REAL LSE myself. said he did consumer banking sales + credit risk back office. now with SCB.

even better, he claims to be in the same LSE batch as me. unbelievable these sims people.

QNS: should i get HR to call him in just for me to give him a good one?

THIS. How the f_ck do these people have the audacity to call themselves "LSE" grads in the first place????????????

It's so unbelievable.

Unregistered 11-11-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74973)
Anyone who can reach MD in a bank by late 30s would be considered high flyer even by ivy league standards. If indeed there is such a poly person, the whole banking world would have known him/her.

Also this top banking superstar would have been sponsored to study in any international top tier business school, why would he/she go sign up for some part time course in SIM mixing around with mostly junior execs or blue collars who earn 5% of what he's getting?

Until there is a proper name and bank where this person works in, I am inclined to think it's another one of those SIM fantasies.

sometimes i think these sim bullshiitters dun even have basic common sense to make the lies believable

Unregistered 11-11-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74940)
All jokers. Poly grad. 28 this year. Been working in Banking Ops for 3 years. Currently earning 3.6k. Who the **** cares about NUS, NTU, SMU or even SIM

errrrr. good local uni grads come out minimum is like 4k? at worst?

Unregistered 11-11-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74989)
errrrr. good local uni grads come out minimum is like 4k? at worst?

There are local fresh grads who have starting pay at 3.8k to 4.2k but they belong to the very few.Unless you have good honors and have relevant internship experience, no bank is going to offer a totally fresh grad 4 to 5k. Keep dreaming and waiting, you will get there.

Unregistered 11-11-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Eh M-----F-----, i am the 28 years old poly guy with 3 years banking ops exp earning 3.6k. I use poly grad you also use poly grad. You big canon fairy also must have limits