Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Constituency Manager (People Association) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1466-constituency-manager-people-association.html)

Unregistered 30-04-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66105)
How is it bro...can raise to 3.2k?

I signed the contract with PA. I request for 3.2k, and they offered me without hesitation.In the contract, I realized that I can claim up to $200 for my mobile bills and up to $200 of transport allowance. I simply cannot resist the good offer.I got to upgrade my mobile plan to exploit it. I can sense the desperation of them, they request me to start work on the following monday.

As a SIM grad of age 25 with only 1 year of working experience, earning 3.2K per mth, I guess isn't too bad.

Unregistered 01-05-2015 09:23 AM

contrags!!!

Do they post you to the area where you are living?

Unregistered 01-05-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66138)
contrags!!!

Do they post you to the area where you are living?

Yes. It was 10 min walk from my house of the PA that was in need of CM. I wonder why do they give me a transport allowance?

Unregistered 01-05-2015 12:29 PM

maybe it was a standard procedure from the past. maybe CM need to travel to few RC, NC or events etc, not sure.

still waiting for them to get back to me, is been nearly 2 weeks :(

Unregistered 01-05-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66115)
I signed the contract with PA. I request for 3.2k, and they offered me without hesitation.In the contract, I realized that I can claim up to $200 for my mobile bills and up to $200 of transport allowance. I simply cannot resist the good offer.I got to upgrade my mobile plan to exploit it. I can sense the desperation of them, they request me to start work on the following monday.

As a SIM grad of age 25 with only 1 year of working experience, earning 3.2K per mth, I guess isn't too bad.

Wow. 3.2k? With up to $400 claimable allowance? I grad last year with a local merit degree, only getting 3K per mth with avg 2.5 yearly bonus at a private firm. I didn't know PA statboard hire people with private degree.

Unregistered 02-05-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66149)
maybe it was a standard procedure from the past. maybe CM need to travel to few RC, NC or events etc, not sure.

still waiting for them to get back to me, is been nearly 2 weeks :(

I think you should email them to ask them about the interview outcome after 3 weeks.

Unregistered 04-05-2015 01:39 PM

so how's first day at work? super busy?

Homey D. Clown 06-05-2015 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66115)
I signed the contract with PA. I request for 3.2k, and they offered me without hesitation.In the contract, I realized that I can claim up to $200 for my mobile bills and up to $200 of transport allowance. I simply cannot resist the good offer.I got to upgrade my mobile plan to exploit it.

I believe the mobile and transport allowance that the poster is referring to is actually the flexible benefits scheme which every staff is entitled to make claims of up to $500 per year. In which minimum $100 is to be claimed for insurance plans and the remaining $400 for mobile subscriptions, IT products etc.

As a CM, there is also a monthly field allowance of $450 to compensate for shift and weekend duties. Add that to the basic of $3.2k and his monthly would be $3650.

Back in 2009/2010, fresh grad CMs (Both local and private Uni) were already offered a default basic pay of $3.2k. Only with honours then will see a significant difference. Seems that PA has yet to increase the basic pay for fresh grads after all these years.

Unregistered 06-05-2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homey D. Clown (Post 66405)
I believe the mobile and transport allowance that the poster is referring to is actually the flexible benefits scheme which every staff is entitled to make claims of up to $500 per year. In which minimum $100 is to be claimed for insurance plans and the remaining $400 for mobile subscriptions, IT products etc.

As a CM, there is also a monthly field allowance of $450 to compensate for shift and weekend duties. Add that to the basic of $3.2k and his monthly would be $3650.

Back in 2009/2010, fresh grad CMs (Both local and private Uni) were already offered a default basic pay of $3.2k. Only with honours then will see a significant difference. Seems that PA has yet to increase the basic pay for fresh grads after all these years.

Yes confirm its flex benefit (actually quite low as many MNCs offering ~2k nowadays).

The $450 is more like OT or compensation for medicore bonus considering the type of working hours. Fresh grads all-in annual at most ~$50k which is honestly not worth that kind of work hours, so you must really like grassroots work.

Homey D. Clown 06-05-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66411)
Yes confirm its flex benefit (actually quite low as many MNCs offering ~2k nowadays).

The $450 is more like OT or compensation for medicore bonus considering the type of working hours. Fresh grads all-in annual at most ~$50k which is honestly not worth that kind of work hours, so you must really like grassroots work.

Which explains the reason for the high turnover rate.

Not so much for mid career transitionists but more for fresh grads as they start to compare their working hours with peers who are having a 9-5 office hour job with permanent weekends off.

But if building and bridging communities to bond residents together with events and activities is your cup of tea, then joining PA will be a job match for you.