Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Jobless for a long long time (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14137-jobless-long-long-time.html)

Unregistered 08-10-2021 09:03 AM

I bet 1 month later this TS still no job. Lol. Charsiew

Unregistered 08-10-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185639)
I bet 1 month later this TS still no job. Lol. Charsiew

rich families to back him up.

no one stays jobless for 12 years, playing computer games and surfing the net.... unless you have rich family supporting u lol

Unregistered 08-10-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoat (Post 185466)
Hi everyone,

I am a 37 year old male who has been jobless for a long long time. Ever since I dropped out of college about 12 years ago, I have been jobless (!). Recently, I am starting to feel bored with my lifestyle and joblessness, and am thinking of looking for work. Do you guys think it is still possible for someone like me to get a job ? I have no skills or experience except for working for 3 months as a waiter a few years back ... Thanks ...

I am about 30 and been jobless for more than a year already.
Graduated from a local uni
worked for a few years in a GLC
Join a Dutch MNC but resigned in a few months without a job then covid came. don't ask me why I resign, I can only say they promoted a diploma holder to senior instead of me. how can a deg holder report to dip holder. And the pace they work is inhuman.
Been wanting to go back to the GLC but cannot find a suitable role. Every interview i have been to kept asking why I have not been working for so long until i am so tired of attending interviews. Now mummy don't want to finance my daily expense, so wondering what jobs today allow wfh?

psikyo 08-10-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185641)
I am about 30 and been jobless for more than a year already.
Graduated from a local uni
worked for a few years in a GLC
Join a Dutch MNC but resigned in a few months without a job then covid came. don't ask me why I resign, I can only say they promoted a diploma holder to senior instead of me. how can a deg holder report to dip holder. And the pace they work is inhuman.
Been wanting to go back to the GLC but cannot find a suitable role. Every interview i have been to kept asking why I have not been working for so long until i am so tired of attending interviews. Now mummy don't want to finance my daily expense, so wondering what jobs today allow wfh?

So you're saying a dip holder should report to a deg holder? And you resigned for this reason. Kudos to that dip holder I must say. A dip holder outperform a deg holder.

He/she can survive in a high-pacing workplace already shows he/she is very diligent in their work. Unlike mummy's boy here. Maybe ask mummy for any wfh job, I'm sure she can help you.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psikyo (Post 185667)
So you're saying a dip holder should report to a deg holder? And you resigned for this reason. Kudos to that dip holder I must say. A dip holder outperform a deg holder.

He/she can survive in a high-pacing workplace already shows he/she is very diligent in their work. Unlike mummy's boy here. Maybe ask mummy for any wfh job, I'm sure she can help you.

Give 3 reasons why should a degree holder report to a diploma holder?
I give you 3 reasons why degree holder cannot report to diploma holder.
1. Degree holder is higher than diploma. In saf and the GLC why all degree holders are seniors, managers and officers?
2. People spend so much getting a degree for what, you think your diploma bigger?
3. If diploma can manage degree holder than all the university can close down lah.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185671)
1. Degree holder is higher than diploma. In saf and the GLC why all degree holders are seniors, managers and officers?
2. People spend so much getting a degree for what, you think your diploma bigger?
3. If diploma can manage degree holder than all the university can close down lah.

if OP wants a dip to report to him or her, please stay away from MNCs and go government. MNCs don't take your academic qualification so seriously. But, if you go government, please take note that your reporting officer can be someone younger than you and holds a degree also. the degree might not be of relevance too. If both circumstances you also cannot, can do grab? at least you manage yourself

psikyo 08-10-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

My goodness...have you read it out loud in your head how ridiculous your replies are. This is one rabbit hole I'm not diving in, if not I will ended up on Alice's wonder-universityland.

Yaya, all dip holder must report to degree holder, must listen to degree holder. All hail the supreme degree holder. I hope you can get a job asap. You definitely need one.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

if OP wants a dip to report to him/her, I would suggest going government rather than MNCs because MNCs see skillsets and capabilities more than qualifications. But, if you go government, please be prepared that your reporting officer can be someone younger and holds an irrelevant degree. if both you also cannot take it, then maybe go do grab, at least you manage yourself

Unregistered 08-10-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Lol... disconnected dumbass.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psikyo (Post 185667)

One of the reasons why many singaporeans lack competitiveness. This blind paper pursuit forgetting to value add to the business is making them lose opportunities.