Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13727-those-2-5-yoe-what-your-salary.html)

Unregistered 26-06-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175607)
Still waiting for replies to this OP.

OP: I’m not in my banks HR and I have no idea about the policies of the hiring, or why they were able to hire in my case. I can’t reveal more into the specific team I’m in now in FO, regarding the question on professional accreditation, my function does not require the ones listed. Maybe something to highlight is that if they bring you on an attachment, it will definitely help in your chances to get promoted which happened in BB. MM not much opportunities unless you are eye-ed for fast track.

Unregistered 26-06-2021 11:45 AM

2015: 6.7k (grad prog)

2021: 12.5k (manager role)

Changed jobs 3 times over the last 6 years. Currently non FO role in banking.

A local Bachelors & Masters degree holder.

Unregistered 26-06-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175611)
2015: 6.7k (grad prog)

2021: 12.5k (manager role)

Changed jobs 3 times over the last 6 years. Currently non FO role in banking.

A local Bachelors & Masters degree holder.

Simi grad program sia? You FO previously?

Unregistered 26-06-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175610)
OP: I’m not in my banks HR and I have no idea about the policies of the hiring, or why they were able to hire in my case. I can’t reveal more into the specific team I’m in now in FO, regarding the question on professional accreditation, my function does not require the ones listed. Maybe something to highlight is that if they bring you on an attachment, it will definitely help in your chances to get promoted which happened in BB. MM not much opportunities unless you are eye-ed for fast track.

Which division? IB/S&T/AM/WM?

Honestly don’t know what BB you are in, at least for top-tier BBs they do not hire fresh grad diploma for FO roles.

Unregistered 26-06-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175639)
Which division? IB/S&T/AM/WM?

Honestly don’t know what BB you are in, at least for top-tier BBs they do not hire fresh grad diploma for FO roles.

PB, Top Tier

Unregistered 26-06-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175644)
PB, Top Tier

You got in through direct hire as a poly grad? At a top tier BB in PB? Cmon la.

Btw PBs at the top-tier BBs will definitely require you to attain the CFA/CAIA at some point (even for their annual intake from local uni/ivies at some point). If not you can’t move up at all.

Unregistered 26-06-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175665)
You got in through direct hire as a poly grad? At a top tier BB in PB? Cmon la.

Btw PBs at the top-tier BBs will definitely require you to attain the CFA/CAIA at some point (even for their annual intake from local uni/ivies at some point). If not you can’t move up at all.

I think I’ll just speak for my own experience but convincing anyone here is tiring while I do understand why you would wonder. You are probably right that it won’t happen now with more stringent systems in place, that was 6 years ago. Additionally FO have various functions that do not require CFA / CAIA, and you would probably be able to guess which function I’m in. That’s why I was hoping to have a constructive discussion as to whether at 8K I should continue uni, and you brought up a good point, just hope you can expand on that and advise if there’s courses for mid-career dip holders.

Unregistered 27-06-2021 12:49 AM

All the salty comments over someone with dip and making decent money in FO. Haiz some sinkies rlly quite sad and insecure…cannot achieve then must bring others down. Just work on yourselves and improve

Unregistered 27-06-2021 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175667)
I think I’ll just speak for my own experience but convincing anyone here is tiring while I do understand why you would wonder. You are probably right that it won’t happen now with more stringent systems in place, that was 6 years ago. Additionally FO have various functions that do not require CFA / CAIA, and you would probably be able to guess which function I’m in. That’s why I was hoping to have a constructive discussion as to whether at 8K I should continue uni, and you brought up a good point, just hope you can expand on that and advise if there’s courses for mid-career dip holders.

Honestly not even trying to be salty - but this is just really unbelievable. Try telling anyone in high finance that you got into Top-Tier BB FO (PB) with just a fresh diploma & managed to reach >8k in 5-6 years (with still a diploma cert). I’d be shocked if they are not surprised/curious to know more.

Would personally love to know the exact BB + role if you are willing to divulge. Anyway, if you are in PB FO - it doesn’t matter whether you are in sales or products, you’d still require CFA/CAIA/FRM to progress higher up the food chain.

Unregistered 27-06-2021 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175685)
All the salty comments over someone with dip and making decent money in FO. Haiz some sinkies rlly quite sad and insecure…cannot achieve then must bring others down. Just work on yourselves and improve

Because most ppl are stuck with the mindset that no paper = can't get far in life.
C'mon, private sector = the world is your oyster

Unregistered 27-06-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175687)
Honestly not even trying to be salty - but this is just really unbelievable. Try telling anyone in high finance that you got into Top-Tier BB FO (PB) with just a fresh diploma & managed to reach >8k in 5-6 years (with still a diploma cert). I’d be shocked if they are not surprised/curious to know more.

Would personally love to know the exact BB + role if you are willing to divulge. Anyway, if you are in PB FO - it doesn’t matter whether you are in sales or products, you’d still require CFA/CAIA/FRM to progress higher up the food chain.

OP: You got good points, one of the thing I agree with is that they would be definitely see into getting me into a sponsored course soon. Either that or I may do part time. I can’t say more as I said, the function do not need the listed accreditation to progress, including my many colleagues who obviously have degrees, it’s very obvious as to which function that is.

Unregistered 27-06-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175697)
OP: You got good points, one of the thing I agree with is that they would be definitely see into getting me into a sponsored course soon. Either that or I may do part time. I can’t say more as I said, the function do not need the listed accreditation to progress, including my many colleagues who obviously have degrees, it’s very obvious as to which function that is.

this guy is not in FO obv. maybe MO/BO.

Unregistered 27-06-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175697)

cool story bro, probably some uni kid thats fantasizing about wallstreet careers after graduation but will probably end up as insurance agent in reality

Unregistered 28-06-2021 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175770)
cool story bro, probably some uni kid thats fantasizing about wallstreet careers after graduation but will probably end up as insurance agent in reality

Another one of the losers here who can’t take people’s success like this OP who apparently is very patient with putting up with people like you. OP, to respond to degree question, please please further your studies and get some accreditation like the others advised esp for BB FO if you want to be promoted further, really well done and not many degree holders hit your milestones, you’re pissing off many white elephant degree holders here ><

Unregistered 28-06-2021 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175782)
Another one of the losers here who can’t take people’s success like this OP who apparently is very patient with putting up with people like you. OP, to respond to degree question, please please further your studies and get some accreditation like the others advised esp for BB FO if you want to be promoted further, really well done and not many degree holders hit your milestones, you’re pissing off many white elephant degree holders here ><

Not really pissed tbh. I feel sorry for you that you are gullible enough to believe that a fresh diploma grad can land 1) a FO role 2) at a top-tier BB 3) with a 3.6k starting pay (this is neither the salary for a fresh diploma/fresh uni grad & definitely not the case in PB). Guy literally said CFA/CAIA doesn’t matter for his role in PB LOL

Not his function apparently (lmao), only dodging questions on his exact function/ex-BB.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175783)
Not really pissed tbh. I feel sorry for you that you are gullible enough to believe that a fresh diploma grad can land 1) a FO role 2) at a top-tier BB 3) with a 3.6k starting pay (this is neither the salary for a fresh diploma/fresh uni grad & definitely not the case in PB). Guy literally said CFA/CAIA doesn’t matter for his role in PB LOL

Not his function apparently (lmao), only dodging questions on his exact function/ex-BB.

Maybe you do not know every function of FO because everything he have told us marks a checkbox. Well he doesn’t have to tell us everything too btw, people don’t owe us information about their personal lives. I’ve got a very similar path that’s why I relate to OP.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175905)
Maybe you do not know every function of FO because everything he have told us marks a checkbox. Well he doesn’t have to tell us everything too btw, people don’t owe us information about their personal lives. I’ve got a very similar path that’s why I relate to OP.

What did he tell us exactly that marks a checkbox? I’m in FO myself.

No one is saying it’s impossible to earn 8k with just a diploma. However OP story is dubious at best (Top Tier BB FO fresh out of poly? No CFA/CAIA needed for his role?). Please.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175908)
What did he tell us exactly that marks a checkbox? I’m in FO myself.

No one is saying it’s impossible to earn 8k with just a diploma. However OP story is dubious at best (Top Tier BB FO fresh out of poly? No CFA/CAIA needed for his role?). Please.

However I don’t get why OP would invest time into lying. Perhaps things roll differently here. If you are in FO why can’t you tell what role he is doing? I’m FO too and everything checks.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175909)
However I don’t get why OP would invest time into lying. Perhaps things roll differently here. If you are in FO why can’t you tell what role he is doing? I’m FO too and everything checks.

You are in FO? Which top-tier BB (JP/GS/MS) pays 3.6k for fresh diploma hires in WM/PB? Note that this is not your relationship branch manager in DBS/SCB etc, we are talking about servicing HNW/UNHW/Family Offices.

And which top-tier BB has the salary ceiling of >8k without a degree? Oh, oh & since when do these roles (be it sales/products) not need a CFA/CAIA/FRM for progression? Since you said you’re in FO too, tell me which function he is in then LOL. OP is mum about his ‘function’ and ex-BB for a reason la

Unregistered 29-06-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175936)
You are in FO? Which top-tier BB (JP/GS/MS) pays 3.6k for fresh diploma hires in WM/PB? Note that this is not your relationship branch manager in DBS/SCB etc, we are talking about servicing HNW/UNHW/Family Offices.

And which top-tier BB has the salary ceiling of >8k without a degree? Oh, oh & since when do these roles (be it sales/products) not need a CFA/CAIA/FRM for progression? Since you said you’re in FO too, tell me which function he is in then LOL. OP is mum about his ‘function’ and ex-BB for a reason la

Rofl diploma kids in this forum like to fantasize about life in FO while lacking the skills and education background to make it there. Sibeh loser.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175938)
Rofl diploma kids in this forum like to fantasize about life in FO while lacking the skills and education background to make it there. Sibeh loser.

Exactly lol poly kids that are so stupid they cant even get into JC in the first place yet want to talk about FO

Really need to wake up their f'ucking idea sia

Unregistered 29-06-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175945)
Exactly lol poly kids that are so stupid they cant even get into JC in the first place yet want to talk about FO

Really need to wake up their f'ucking idea sia

I’m the poster who is doubting OP, but can you stfu? Although I was from a JC myself, there are plenty of colleagues around me in the FO who went to poly (+uni afterwards - dean listers btw). Why do you sound like one of those people who think they made it in life at the age of 16-18? “Oh damn, I scored well enough for Os to get into a JC! My life is set!”

If anything, the very fact that you have to discriminate against a certain set of people (who are supposedly “worse” than you) speaks volumes about your current standing.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175947)
I’m the poster who is doubting OP, but can you stfu? Although I was from a JC myself, there are plenty of colleagues around me in the FO who went to poly (+uni afterwards - dean listers btw). Why do you sound like one of those people who think they made it in life at the age of 16-18? “Oh damn, I scored well enough for Os to get into a JC! My life is set!”

If anything, the very fact that you have to discriminate against a certain set of people (who are supposedly “worse” than you) speaks volumes about your current standing.

Not the one you are arguing with but i am actually from poly here. What are some of the roles i should be applying for in FO? From your experience can you share some?

Unregistered 29-06-2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175953)
Not the one you are arguing with but i am actually from poly here. What are some of the roles i should be applying for in FO? From your experience can you share some?

Hate to burst your bubble, but it is almost impossible to land a FO role in BBs with just a diploma, unless you are a wizard (e.g. have impressive & CONSISTENT returns by trading on your own) or have connections.

Note that I’m referring to roles like IB/S&T/AM/WM, not relationship managers that work their way up in branches (servicing everyone and mostly pushing insurance/etfs products). Try to get a degree and some work exp in FIs/Boutiques. Better yet, get CFA/CAIA/FRM/CMT (these are highly valued in AM/WM/S&T - your best bet if you don’t want to complete a degree).

Unregistered 29-06-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175947)

based on the poly people i know in real life most are really cui though

i will still say that JC vs poly there is a huge competency and intelligence gap there. its like high ses vs low ses

Unregistered 29-06-2021 03:46 PM

to add on: its really not difficult at all to go into JC. I remember when i was in secondary school the type of people that cant enter JC and choose to enter poly are those that can't even pass Emath, dont need to talk about Amath.

Let's be realistic a bit lah. If even those simple Emath concept they cannot even get it, you expect me to believe poly grads talking about entering FO roles, which hire ivy leagues and cream of the crop, Alpha-type of candidates?

Please, if you still daydreaming about this kind of thing, you need to get your head out of your ass, because you are in for a very rude awakening soon. Learn to be humble instead and work from the bottom as an insurance agent or bank officer. Don't understand why nowadays all the young people think they can straight away work as investment banker or wolf of wallstreet. F'ucking funny seriously. Let me ask, do any of you retards even have a stock trading account or understand simple jargons used in the market? Because I have seen many finance grads who have never even touched the stock market. You are so far below my level you're basically delusional if you're still thinking about FO.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175961)
to add on: its really not difficult at all to go into JC. I remember when i was in secondary school the type of people that cant enter JC and choose to enter poly are those that can't even pass Emath, dont need to talk about Amath.

Let's be realistic a bit lah. If even those simple Emath concept they cannot even get it, you expect me to believe poly grads talking about entering FO roles, which hire ivy leagues and cream of the crop, Alpha-type of candidates?

Please, if you still daydreaming about this kind of thing, you need to get your head out of your ass, because you are in for a very rude awakening soon. Learn to be humble instead and work from the bottom as an insurance agent or bank officer. Don't understand why nowadays all the young people think they can straight away work as investment banker or wolf of wallstreet. F'ucking funny seriously. Let me ask, do any of you retards even have a stock trading account or understand simple jargons used in the market? Because I have seen many finance grads who have never even touched the stock market. You are so far below my level you're basically delusional if you're still thinking about FO.

Right, anyway...

Do u still know any teachers at pioneer JC? Or actually I've been considering a switch in insurance policy, you got a number I can contact u at?

Unregistered 29-06-2021 05:30 PM

Back to topic please. Salary w 2-5 yoe. No one cares about banking FO. Even personal banking is considered FO and the bar to entry is not that high. Dk why yall doubting the guy w dip. Chill and get back to topic

Unregistered 29-06-2021 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175961)

Again, stfu. I know people who chose to go Poly with 4 points and idiots like you with L1R5 20 who went to JC.

Stop overcompensating. Talk so much but I still don’t see you instead of my colleagues whom hailed from poly in BB FO.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175974)
Back to topic please. Salary w 2-5 yoe. No one cares about banking FO. Even personal banking is considered FO and the bar to entry is not that high. Dk why yall doubting the guy w dip. Chill and get back to topic

FO is usually associated with high finance (IBD/S&T/AM/WM). No one considers personal banking as FO, it’s more akin to insurance/real estate agent tier (not that I’m looking down on these roles).

OP is referring to private banking fyi, but I digress. Back to the topic indeed.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175976)
FO is usually associated with high finance (IBD/S&T/AM/WM). No one considers personal banking as FO, it’s more akin to insurance/real estate agent tier (not that I’m looking down on these roles).

OP is referring to private banking fyi, but I digress. Back to the topic indeed.

Dude I worked in IT dept in bank before. Yes, personal banking is more like insurance or financial services to retail customers but its still considered under FO. I think this answers the qns for ppl who dont believe the dip guy.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175979)
Dude I worked in IT dept in bank before. Yes, personal banking is more like insurance or financial services to retail customers but its still considered under FO. I think this answers the qns for ppl who dont believe the dip guy.

And I’m in BB FO? Private banking isn’t personal banking. And personal banking isnt considered FO (pls direct me to real FO folks who think otherwise). Not sure which bank you worked at previously, but JP/GS/MS (top-tier BBs - where OP said he’s from) don’t offer consumer banking services here.

Anw, let’s move on from this.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175981)
And I’m in BB FO? Private banking isn’t personal banking. And personal banking isnt considered FO (pls direct me to real FO folks who think otherwise). Not sure which bank you worked at previously, but JP/GS/MS (top-tier BBs - where OP said he’s from) don’t offer consumer banking services here.

Anw, let’s move on from this.

Dude even banks like citibank are considered BB and they have their consumer banking services. I dont see any mention of OP saying he’s from private banking. Ya lets move on from this banking is overrated.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175982)
Dude even banks like citibank are considered BB and they have their consumer banking services. I dont see any mention of OP saying he’s from private banking. Ya lets move on from this banking is overrated.

scroll back 1-2 pages back. op mentioned PB and top-tier BB (which Citi isnt). besides, Citi is divesting its retail banking arm in many markets (incl. SG)

LeGozt 29-06-2021 07:12 PM

Just sharing my experience as another data point. I graduated in 2015 from NUS.

1st year: part time role in a startup, S$1,000/mth working 50%
2nd year: converted to contract role in same startup, S$3,200/mth
3rd year: promotion, contract S$3,650/mth
4th year: moved to MNC, perm S$4,400/mth
5th year: no change, S$4,400/mth
End of 5th year, moved to another MNC, S$6,750/mth contract role

Unregistered 29-06-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeGozt (Post 175993)
I graduated in 2015 from NUS.

1st year: part time role in a startup, S$1,000/mth working 50%
2nd year: converted to contract role in same startup, S$3,200/mth
3rd year: promotion, S$3,650/mth
4th year: moves to MNC, S$4,400/mth
5th year: no change, S$4,400/mth
End of 5th year, moved to another MNC, S$6,759/mth contract role

Really big jump at the end of your 5th year. What would you attribute back to (skills you acquired/diff function/diff industry?)

Unregistered 29-06-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175975)
Again, stfu. I know people who chose to go Poly with 4 points and idiots like you with L1R5 20 who went to JC.

Stop overcompensating. Talk so much but I still don’t see you instead of my colleagues whom hailed from poly in BB FO.

Jc or poly doesnt matter. Can get into uni that is not distance learning or any SIM/SUSS crap then say.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175996)
Jc or poly doesnt matter. Can get into uni that is not distance learning or any SIM/SUSS crap then say.

Well, I have seen some SIM/SUSS peeps earning more than than local uni graduates before. Not many, but they exist.

LeGozt 29-06-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175995)
Really big jump at the end of your 5th year. What would you attribute back to (skills you acquired/diff function/diff industry?)

It's mostly due to the fact that I moved from a perm role to a contract role. Large companies typically pay a premium for contract roles as they are time-bound and you lose the job security that comes with perm roles, and thus contractors are renumerated accordingly for the additional risk.

You can think about it as a 20% pay increase from me changing companies, yes this can be attributed to the skills and unique experience I had with the first MNC.

Add on to that an additional 20% for the increased risk for the contract role.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175996)

Bigot alert - it’s about attitude at the end of the day, and I think even if you earn a million, you are not a pleasant person by looking down on others, even those who achieved some success with distance learning. Everyone have the same destination but a different journey. Peace.