Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13323-comp-science-frsh-grad-salary.html)

Unregistered 21-01-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154725)
Where app? 2 hours liao. So experienced why havent do out??

All talk no code.
Fresh grad don't deserve 5k starting pay. Let alone 10k

Unregistered 21-01-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154726)
All talk no code.

Infer that post properly. Obviously that person who said he did it in 1 hour is an experienced person.

But experienced also all talk only, can't even do out in 1 hr

Unregistered 21-01-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154728)
Infer that post properly. Obviously that person who said he did it in 1 hour is an experienced person.

But experienced also all talk only, can't even do out in 1 hr

Welcome to the tech world where all just talk big.
It's only those IT support are the real tech talent to help you troubleshoot your laptop problem..

Unregistered 21-01-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154731)
Welcome to the tech world where all just talk big.
It's only those IT support are the real tech talent to help you troubleshoot your laptop problem..

So useless, talk only. That one who want to review code also dk how to write out such simple app to show us what is good code. So useless...haiz...only know how to talk as usual.

Very good example of empty vessels make the most noise.

At least we fresh grad can deliver app, can show bank statment. He? Can only deliver grabfood. Cant even make out a simple thing. Very simple only, like building lego blocks. Wonder next time how to ppay with his children:(

Unregistered 21-01-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154661)
Look back at your misleading post. No mention of open source. Wanna bluff people YOU completed the prototype. You meant to say you USE EXISTING open source and tried to pass it off as your work la.

That's why you want to take gif..

Very easy one. No github code no talk.
This is why code is king.

Got caught haha.

You are really stupid, use brain also know that no one likes to reinvent the wheel right?
If you like to nitpick so much, might as well say he used Android, an open sourced OS.

Real dense there bruh.

Unregistered 21-01-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154831)
You are really stupid, use brain also know that no one likes to reinvent the wheel right?
If you like to nitpick so much, might as well say he used Android, an open sourced OS.

Real dense there bruh.

yeap!! pretty much agree with you about the reinvent the wheel! lots of article out there explaining why. just do a simple google search. when you reinvent, u waste time, incur potential cost.

only stupid boomers keep asking people to start from scratch.

Unregistered 22-01-2021 12:03 AM

Wow... reading from this thread, you guys are a bunch of toxic people.
Be it experience or fresh grad. Im beginning to worry about the culture of tech in SG.

Be it experience or fresh grad, there are competent and incompetent people. Why cant everyone just be humble.

imo 5k for fresh grad is too high, I suppose company should impose some probation period to access the fresh grad before giving such high pay. TBH alot of services and modules are developed, so u dont have to "reinvent-the-wheel" which makes implementing features easier than in the past. Much of the basic technical skills required is how u piece and find the right modules for your use case. But there are somethings that come with experience when implementing software architecture, i.e. SOLID principals, infra architectures, cloud security, etc.

As for experienced engineers, why not just highlight the issue to ur HR about the salary issue and reevaluated long-term engineers salary pay. If u have concrete proof to prove for salary incremental I don't see why the fight with HR is a lose. But if HR is too stingy to increase ur pay. You better off be looking for another company, and if ur competent enough ur highly sought after by other companies.

So I take no pity in either party, only working smart and social engineering in work place is the key to survive be it in engineering or else where.

Unregistered 22-01-2021 12:53 AM

Whats with this thread

Unregistered 22-01-2021 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154726)
All talk no code.

Don't deserve but companies out there are still willing to pay us >5k. What to do?

Unregistered 22-01-2021 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154655)
Confirmed its 1 guy impersonating as multiple people commenting on his post.

s://github.com/jitsi

Took you 1.5 days? When I did it in 1 hour for my boss?
He said the same thing to me. I don't want to see demo or #hello world.

I want it to work by last Friday already. Ready to be used by users..

So my dear friend, in case you dunno. All of us use the same world wide Web. The things you cns Google, so can we.

This is why experienced pays more than fresh grad.

Yawnzzzz, where app? So many hours already! Incompetent, deserved to be fired.