Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13323-comp-science-frsh-grad-salary.html)

Unregistered 15-01-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153714)
Singaporean brainwashed by the government into thinking tech job means joining govtech...

I ask my US friend what are tech graduate aspiration.. Which company do they join etc.

He said Google, Facebook, Microsoft those kind.
But those really techie are those who create their own tech like Hotmail, Instagram, whatapps, now fitbit...
Build a market then get purchased by tech giant.

Our tech kids think so small.
Ywah I'm so smart I deserve high starting pay but I lack the entrepreneurs mind.

Take example from razer or secretlab.
Build your own tech. From small. Until it become big.

Not study hard to demand high starting pay to work for the government fix bug...
Such low dream.

Sad. This is what education does to people.
It kills their aspirations and dreams and transform them into working slaves...

Just like how the Singaporean government wanted... To be a world class education system to churn out workforce...

I think this is quite a harsh view. Nowadays all the low hanging fruit has been taken already. New start ups are usually very niche in some technical field or require a lot of collaboration between different parties (which requires a big network to tap on). Cant expect fresh grads to be able to pull this off so easily, also maybe compared to western culture, people here are more risk adverse.
That being said, there are still a lot of local startups by fresh grads and non fresh grads trying to make it big. Maybe you just haven't heard of them.

Unregistered 15-01-2021 05:57 PM

How? Where is the github code for the app to broadcast video...

Typical tech fake ****. Meeting talk so big. Like expert
But can't do

Empty promises...

Expect high pay but simple feature also cannot do.
Lousy

Unregistered 15-01-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153854)
How? Where is the github code for the app to broadcast video...

Typical tech fake ****. Meeting talk so big. Like expert
But can't do

Empty promises...

Expect high pay but simple feature also cannot do.
Lousy

No wonder u got retrenched, cant even count down a single digit day properly lmaoooo

Unregistered 16-01-2021 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153857)
No wonder u got retrenched, cant even count down a single digit day properly lmaoooo

So? Is the code ready yet?
I want it on github and I want it now.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153857)

dun need entertaint that ret@rd lah, HAHAH, he prob deserves it.

I also think its easy to do even though nv do before. Just turn on ur local cam, convert your image frame to bytes and transmit any changes to frame (u should noe wat I mean). Can use tcp if ur resolution is small or reliable udp (like many games) if u want faster speed. Server shld then broadcast to other client threads respectively.

Tbh really nth hard.. if u r from NTU or NUS, pretty sure there are modules that teach you how to do the server programming. Even if u not from those schools, can simply google server-client multithread code. Or use some rdy made libraries (i cant rmb the library name but I used it for my multiplayer poker game proj, same concept as this broadcasting thing)

Unregistered 16-01-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153910)

I also think its easy to do even though nv do before. Just turn on ur local cam, convert your image frame to bytes and transmit any changes to frame (u should noe wat I mean). Can use tcp if ur resolution is small or reliable udp (like many games) if u want faster speed. Server shld then broadcast to other client threads respectively.

Tbh really nth hard.. if u r from NTU or NUS, pretty sure there are modules that teach you how to do the server programming. Even if u not from those schools, can simply google server-client multithread code. Or use some rdy made libraries (i cant rmb the library name but I used it for my multiplayer poker game proj, same concept as this broadcasting thing)

Yeap, you can think of it as an online chat room, just that now instead of Strings, you are transmitting the bytes of the images as well as the audio. Not sure what is so hard about implementing this.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153925)
Yeap, you can think of it as an online chat room, just that now instead of Strings, you are transmitting the bytes of the images as well as the audio. Not sure what is so hard about implementing this.

So the code? where?
all talk but no substance.

It's like saying English is just putting together noun verb and adjective.
what is so hard.

Yet don't see u are the best writer or sold any award winning books or written any great literature...

Tech people are all talks la. Empty promises. No result.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153910)

abit off-topic but are you talking about CS3103 assignment from NUS? hahah had great time back then

Unregistered 16-01-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153925)

Making game is so easy what.
Control/combat/movement/AI/enemy

Don't know why cyberpunk 2077 took 9 years. 9 long years and still not working.
Very easy what.. Not sure what is so hard about making a game takes 9 years..

Tech... Longer it is, take in more investment. pay the tech ppl. let them live... can't really produce result.. when the management say enuff is enuff. stop wasting resources...
their 9 years development work doesn't show...

now kena sued. etc...

Tech ppl are fraud.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153940)
So the code? where?
all talk but no substance.

It's like saying English is just putting together noun verb and adjective.
what is so hard.

Yet don't see u are the best writer or sold any award winning books or written any great literature...

Tech people are all talks la. Empty promises. No result.

Are you looking for someone to produce the app for you? I'm from NTU and can do out within 1 week+. How much are you willing to pay?

Unregistered 16-01-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153941)
abit off-topic but are you talking about CS3103 assignment from NUS? hahah had great time back then

fresh grad all flexing their inexperience ... just follow some tutorial... read some lecture notes and think they are expert...

why don't see u all code an OS out like android? or Windows or Mac.
easy what.

why u cannot?

also don't see u all invent new programming language... or write a compiler...
need other ppl from USA to do all this..

easy what? why don't see u all code the editor to code... just use other people's visual studio ...

tech people the good one are good.
nus one lousy la. nothing award breaking.

lousy.russian/chinese/usa their tech can even produce out cyber hackers.

singapore got hacker?
lousy.... script kiddies wannabe... just know how to study. tats all.
No antivirus guru in singapore also what...

just "smart nation" idea onlly...

Unregistered 16-01-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153945)
fresh grad all flexing their inexperience ... just follow some tutorial... read some lecture notes and think they are expert...

easy what.

why u cannot?

easy what? why don't see u all code the editor to code... just use other people's visual studio ...

singapore got hacker?

Hmm, ok NUS not that great? but we all can get average 5k (according to GES 2019) and even higher for some ppl. My peers getting 6.6k at IBM. We all know that we have the aptitude and can earn that high can liao, why bother with other salty people who can't even get that salary? like prof ben always teach, just ignore such noise :)

Unregistered 16-01-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

easy what.

why u cannot?

singapore got hacker?

Hmm, ok NUS not that great? but we all can get average 5k (according to GES 2019). My peers getting 6.7k as full stack IBM. We all know that we have the aptitude and can earn that high can liao, why bother with other salty people who can't even get that salary? like prof ben always teach, just ignore such noise :)

Unregistered 16-01-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153948)
Hmm, ok NUS not that great? but we all can get average 5k (according to GES 2019). My peers getting 6.7k as full stack IBM. We all know that we have the aptitude and can earn that high can liao, why bother with other salty people who can't even get that salary? like prof ben always teach, just ignore such noise :)

to add on, number speaks for it all, so dun lower your standards with such ppl

Unregistered 16-01-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

easy what.

why u cannot?

singapore got hacker?

you sound so loser attacking NUS ppl haha probably no one likes you also

Unregistered 16-01-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153943)
Are you looking for someone to produce the app for you? I'm from NTU and can do out within 1 week+. How much are you willing to pay?

I can do it out in 1 week. idm charging $300 for it. NUS here

Unregistered 16-01-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153955)
I can do it out in 1 week. idm charging $300 for it. NUS here

Huh why charge so little? Dun u think u deserve more? Im the NTU student btw.
FCH here (see below image for proof) if u looking to develop the broadcast app can hit me up! I charging $400 and provide 2 weeks extra fix if anything goes wrong.

s://i.ibb.co/TtBfF8j/20210116-173929.jpg

Unregistered 16-01-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153959)
Huh why charge so little? Dun u think u deserve more? Im the NTU student btw.
FCH here (see below image for proof) if u looking to develop the broadcast app can hit me up! I charging $400 and provide 2 weeks extra fix if anything goes wrong.

s://i.ibb.co/TtBfF8j/20210116-173929.jpg

The app sounds is relatively easy should not take too much of my time too

Unregistered 16-01-2021 06:42 PM

Real talk, why are there so many people who are salty (and some even refuse to believe) that young CS fresh grads are now being paid handsomely?

My mom always lament to me that many singaporeans (esp the older ones) tend to think they know it all and very “yaya” when in truth, they are very out of touch with recent development. In starting to see this now

Unregistered 16-01-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153968)
Real talk, why are there so many people who are salty (and some even refuse to believe) that young CS fresh grads are now being paid handsomely?

My mom always lament to me that many singaporeans (esp the older ones) tend to think they know it all and very “yaya” when in truth, they are very out of touch with recent development. In starting to see this now

“In starting to see this now”

“Yaya”

Calm down mama boy

Unregistered 16-01-2021 08:14 PM

What's with the hoohah over all the broadcasting app instead of discussing the salary of fresh cs grads?

Let me solve it once and for all...

I did a simple google search and found out that you can actually follow this website to stream your camera feed to a server and preview it on a webpage...

://.androidhive.info/2014/06/android-streaming-live-camera-video-to-web-page/

You can simply modify the code to send the preview frames to your custom made RSTP server to handle all the incoming clients. It is relatively easy to modify it... an example of a RSTP server can be found here: s://github.com/mutaphore/RTSP-Client-Server

I really don't know what is wrong with that person who got retrenched.. I found and verified it is working within 2 hours... I only have 1 physical android device so I couldn't really test the live streaming, but I'm pretty sure the frames got sent to the server and got broadcasted back to all my AVD clients..

As for the part for all clients to be able to see each other, it's just following the same concept above to modify...

If you can't even modify such a simple code to fit your needs, you really need to leave the tech field.. you might say all I did was copy-pasting other people's code and not developing my own, but how hard can it be for those who have experience? Pretty sure the school teaches you how to do all these network programming stuffs right? If your school doesn't, then it is your fault for not venturing out to self-learn these stuffs.

But let me tell you, I'm not interested in solving your lame a$$ problem here, I just want to bring the topic back to fresh cs grad salary..

Lastly, to that guy who got retrenched, you deserve it, because it's really a trivial module, can't believe you have nothing to show...like literally...nothing

peace

Unregistered 16-01-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153977)
What's with the hoohah over all the broadcasting app instead of discussing the salary of fresh cs grads?

I did a simple google search and found out that you can actually follow this website to stream your camera feed to a server and preview it on a webpage...

You can simply modify the code to send the preview frames to your custom made RSTP server to handle all the incoming clients. It is relatively easy to modify it... an example of a RSTP server can be found here: s://github.com/mutaphore/RTSP-Client-Server

I really don't know what is wrong with that person who got retrenched.. I found and verified it is working within 2 hours... I only have 1 physical android device so I couldn't really test the live streaming, but I'm pretty sure the frames got sent to the server and got broadcasted back to all my AVD clients..

As for the part for all clients to be able to see each other, it's just following the same concept above to modify...

If you can't even modify such a simple code to fit your needs, you really need to leave the tech field.. you might say all I did was copy-pasting other people's code and not developing my own, but how hard can it be for those who have experience? Pretty sure the school teaches you how to do all these network programming stuffs right? If your school doesn't, then it is your fault for not venturing out to self-learn these stuffs.

But let me tell you, I'm not interested in solving your lame a$$ problem here, I just want to bring the topic back to fresh cs grad salary..

Lastly, to that guy who got retrenched, you deserve it, because it's really a trivial module, can't believe you have nothing to show...like literally...nothing

peace

YET no one in this forum has yet to release their github source code.
Lack the deliverables to back up their so called tech talent.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 08:53 PM

honestly, every fresh grad regardless of what .... really don't have the experience and skills... its just theory...

I mean, let's be realistic.

If there are 200 nus fresh grad. each claiming to be 5k worth smart tech talent....
NUS would have 200 final year project (that can make money and generate wealth and income)

Software developer are just the new age blue collar factory worker.
Just need people to write code... Don't deserve high pay...

Not like doctor, dentist, laywer.

NUS = plagirism online test comp sci (enuff said)

Unregistered 16-01-2021 08:56 PM

Quote:

peace

HAHA, vietnamese software developer also can google the solution on the internet..
at quarter the cost. singaporean tech talent are just overpriced ... no value...

Unregistered 16-01-2021 08:56 PM

Quote:

peace

HAHA, vietnamese/indian/china software developer also can google the solution on the internet..at quarter the 5k...

don't need to hire a singaporean tech talent for 5k when someone else can do it cheaper..

Unregistered 16-01-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153979)
YET no one in this forum has yet to release their github source code.
Lack the deliverables to back up their so called tech talent.

Keep in mind that this is a thread discussing on salary, please try not to go off topic.

Not sure what is your problem here though, if you are requesting for someone to custom code something for you, shouldn't you pay that person? If you need help on a small problem such as opening the Android camera, google or stackoverflow is there for you (I have already provided the resource to you above)

Peace

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153982)
HAHA, vietnamese/indian/china software developer also can google the solution on the internet..at quarter the 5k...

don't need to hire a singaporean tech talent for 5k when someone else can do it cheaper..

Not sure if you faced problem outsourcing a project before or not... language barrier.

Sometimes they act as if they understand the specifications.. end up come out diff thing.. then we waste money also cause can't deliver

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153986)
Not sure if you faced problem outsourcing a project before or not... language barrier.

Sometimes they act as if they understand the specifications.. end up come out diff thing.. then we waste money also cause can't deliver

paying SG fresh grad 5k they also can't deliver what...

our company gave a NUS master of technlogy knowledge engineering won some hackaton NUS competition or what not... can't even do a simple nice elegant UX website to enter temperature data...

he said he needs 6 months...

we just outsource to vietnam... they probably reused their code or what ... 1 month done...
in-house paid so much for a software developer can't even develop... honestly...

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153980)
honestly, every fresh grad regardless of what .... really don't have the experience and skills... its just theory...

I mean, let's be realistic.

If there are 200 nus fresh grad. each claiming to be 5k worth smart tech talent....
NUS would have 200 final year project (that can make money and generate wealth and income)

Software developer are just the new age blue collar factory worker.
Just need people to write code... Don't deserve high pay...

Not like doctor, dentist, laywer.

NUS = plagirism online test comp sci (enuff said)

clearly you do not know about NUS comp sci students.. we go for interns to gain experience.. and most of us get converted to full time..then we dun bother about our fyp, so most of us dun do fyp unless those ppl really want fch.. normally we settle for 2nd upper even when we have gpa > 4.5

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153987)
paying SG fresh grad 5k they also can't deliver what...

our company gave a NUS master of technlogy knowledge engineering won some hackaton NUS competition or what not... can't even do a simple nice elegant UX website to enter temperature data...

he said he needs 6 months...

we just outsource to vietnam... they probably reused their code or what ... 1 month done...
in-house paid so much for a software developer can't even develop... honestly...

its good to outsource to lower your cost but if you are on tight schedule, it wont be a good idea.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153981)
HAHA, vietnamese software developer also can google the solution on the internet..
at quarter the cost. singaporean tech talent are just overpriced ... no value...

yes yes... boy... continue to be salty about us getting paid highly and doing nth ya

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153982)

then it brings back the question of "why can't you do the same?" just proves that you are incompetent then...

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153984)
Keep in mind that this is a thread discussing on salary, please try not to go off topic.

Not sure what is your problem here though, if you are requesting for someone to custom code something for you, shouldn't you pay that person? If you need help on a small problem such as opening the Android camera, google or stackoverflow is there for you (I have already provided the resource to you above)

Peace

just let him continue whining. he looks like someone who needs attention after being fired, trying to prove that all sg tech graduates are same as him -> can't show something to boss after many nights of research.

but guess what? we are not the same.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:31 PM

Interview a NUS comp science student.

1) Do u have any experience developing a website? No.
2) If your first task is to develop a website for a client... what kind of technology/framework will u consider... (dunno angular/vue/react/ javascript) ... ohno
3) How about any mobile app? Not really.
4) No android/kotlin experience? Nope..
5) Erm ok, so what exactly have u developed during ur course in NUS... (algorithms/database systems...)
6) oh u developed a database framework? erm no... the theory behind databse etc..
7) ok are u familiar with database like sqlite?postgresql?sql server?mysql? nosql? redis? just sql express..
8) hmm ok..
9) u said u learn about databse system... do u know how to design... what framework will u use? normalization ...etc.
10) how about windows app then? are u familiar with WPF? winforms? UWP? not really only console and some basic winform for final year project for networking client server architecture...

11) hmm... let's say if u start work tomorrow we have a project that need to be delivered to client (let's say a parking app.. how will u begin/do/approach)

u can tell hor they learn the things are just 101 of TECHNOLOGY. there isn't any real experience... so i mean if i can hire a vietnames for employment pass 4.5k that can take my requirement and translated into actual usable software...

why would i pay a fresh grad 5k that barely know anything???

it's like asking a fresh grad doctor to start operating... and fresh grad doctor don't command senior pay from get go... why tech fresh grad expects senoir pay... its so stupid.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:36 PM

You do know that fresh grad starting pay is a fake data right?

back in 2019 NUS Master of Technology fresh grad starting pay only like 4.5k
I guess if u are NUS undegraduate ur fresh grad starting pay is 5k...

it's a scam by the university to sell their courses ... nobody in their right mind will offer a fresh grad in software development for 5k those salary review are THEIR OWN STUDENTS SUBMIT THE DATA.

If u go interview/look for job etc 5 years working experience or 8 years they only offer like 4k to 4.5k ...

i think fresh grad are delusional.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153992)
just let him continue whining. he looks like someone who needs attention after being fired, trying to prove that all sg tech graduates are same as him -> can't show something to boss after many nights of research.

but guess what? we are not the same.

Then show me ur github account.
For someone who is so "tech talented" I find it appalling that u dont have a github account to share ur code to the world so we can admire ur skills.

Or are u also just another "talk can do everything, it's easy" but nothing to show for.

Show us how different u are then... Show us ur code. Guru.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153993)
Interview a NUS comp science student.

1) Do u have any experience developing a website? No.
2) If your first task is to develop a website for a client... what kind of technology/framework will u consider... (dunno angular/vue/react/ javascript) ... ohno
3) How about any mobile app? Not really.
4) No android/kotlin experience? Nope..
5) Erm ok, so what exactly have u developed during ur course in NUS... (algorithms/database systems...)
6) oh u developed a database framework? erm no... the theory behind databse etc..
7) ok are u familiar with database like sqlite?postgresql?sql server?mysql? nosql? redis? just sql express..
8) hmm ok..
9) u said u learn about databse system... do u know how to design... what framework will u use? normalization ...etc.
10) how about windows app then? are u familiar with WPF? winforms? UWP? not really only console and some basic winform for final year project for networking client server architecture...

11) hmm... let's say if u start work tomorrow we have a project that need to be delivered to client (let's say a parking app.. how will u begin/do/approach)

u can tell hor they learn the things are just 101 of TECHNOLOGY. there isn't any real experience... so i mean if i can hire a vietnames for employment pass 4.5k that can take my requirement and translated into actual usable software...

why would i pay a fresh grad 5k that barely know anything???

it's like asking a fresh grad doctor to start operating... and fresh grad doctor don't command senior pay from get go... why tech fresh grad expects senoir pay... its so stupid.

LOL please think through before you post all these can..? your first few points already flawed. Why would someone apply for a web/mobile app dev role if they can't do it? shouldn't post the requirements clearly in your job listing to save time and cost? Its the number 1 no brainer step to do..

Unregistered 16-01-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153996)
Then show me ur github account.
For someone who is so "tech talented" I find it appalling that u dont have a github account to share ur code to the world so we can admire ur skills.

Or are u also just another "talk can do everything, it's easy" but nothing to show for.

Show us how different u are then... Show us ur code. Guru.

I prefer to remain anonymous :) , you can say whatever you want. I got my job, high paying 10k/month job.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154000)
I prefer to remain anonymous :) , you can say whatever you want. I got my job, high paying 10k/month job.

sure snowflakes.

Unregistered 16-01-2021 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154001)
sure snowflakes.

do you really need me to show you my bank statement?