Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 09-05-2023 02:35 PM

is it true that you will join the dept that your assessor is from during the TT?

Unregistered 09-05-2023 04:39 PM

yes. groups physically near u as well.

Unregistered 09-05-2023 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247996)
is it true that you will join the dept that your assessor is from during the TT?

how tf do u even know what dept is ur assessor is from lol

Unregistered 09-05-2023 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248004)
how tf do u even know what dept is ur assessor is from lol

they introduced their dept

Unregistered 09-05-2023 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247996)

no wtf who keeps spreading this ********?

if ur asessor is from IBGT, doesnt mean u will go IBGT

Unregistered 09-05-2023 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248018)
no wtf who keeps spreading this ********?

if ur asessor is from IBGT, doesnt mean u will go IBGT

then do you think the hr will reveal which dept we are assigned to?? i'm assuming not

Unregistered 09-05-2023 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248022)
then do you think the hr will reveal which dept we are assigned to?? i'm assuming not

no, you will only find out during your orientation when you get your MSTeams account and work laptop because ur profile will tell you what dept you're in...

however, you can still get swapped to a different team / department because technically you are not posted to any dept until you complete your 1 month alpha training.

Unregistered 09-05-2023 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248023)
no, you will only find out during your orientation when you get your MSTeams account and work laptop because ur profile will tell you what dept you're in...

however, you can still get swapped to a different team / department because technically you are not posted to any dept until you complete your 1 month alpha training.

i see, thanks for sharing!

Unregistered 11-05-2023 06:54 PM

How many people SEED recruiting this year?

Unregistered 11-05-2023 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248145)
How many people SEED recruiting this year?

10k to replace all the CECA.

Asd1234 12-05-2023 10:47 AM

Has anyone received anything after the 6th May hackathon?

Unregistered 16-05-2023 05:40 PM

I received an email that I was shortlisted, pending employment clearance. Anyone else also received the same email?

Unregistered 17-05-2023 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248401)
I received an email that I was shortlisted, pending employment clearance. Anyone else also received the same email?

Same. Have you received the offer?

Unregistered 17-05-2023 07:50 PM

The offers have been released.

Unregistered 18-05-2023 02:24 PM

Hi thsoe that got their office, may I know how much they offered for July 2023?

Unregistered 18-05-2023 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248499)
Hi thsoe that got their office, may I know how much they offered for July 2023?

68000, it says variable bonus so i dunno how much is that

Unregistered 19-05-2023 02:21 PM

I receive a rejection despite both communicating and coding actively. I don't understand what they are looking for if that's the case.

Unregistered 19-05-2023 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248552)
I receive a rejection despite both communicating and coding actively. I don't understand what they are looking for if that's the case.

u dodged a bullet

when DBS went down, i saw a lot of those posts on r/singapore reddit, many people in that post said that DBS backend is full of indian devs and its handled by DBS india not DBS SG

i got a few friends in the program and they also told me a lot of bad experiences

Unregistered 19-05-2023 03:03 PM

also i checked my linkedin premium search for "Graduate associate (SEED)" role, linkedin tells me that from 2021 to 2023 jan, about 60-70%+ people with that title moved on to different jobs after 2 years whereas other roles left after 1 year.

means that on average, people work in dbs 1-2 years then leave. big red flag imo.

Unregistered 19-05-2023 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248556)
also i checked my linkedin premium search for "Graduate associate (SEED)" role, linkedin tells me that from 2021 to 2023 jan, about 60-70%+ people with that title moved on to different jobs after 2 years whereas other roles left after 1 year.

means that on average, people work in dbs 1-2 years then leave. big red flag imo.

As much as people like to diss on seed program. It is one of the better paying jobs with a 80k+ annual compensation for fresh grads in the current tech winter. Hearsay due to excess supply they can cherry pick big 3 CS grads now instead of run of the mill non tech grads/private U before Q3 2022.

Unregistered 19-05-2023 10:39 PM

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the intake for this batch?

Unregistered 19-05-2023 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248512)
68000, it says variable bonus so i dunno how much is that

oh pay increased from 66k to 68k?

Unregistered 20-05-2023 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248555)
u dodged a bullet

when DBS went down, i saw a lot of those posts on r/singapore reddit, many people in that post said that DBS backend is full of indian devs and its handled by DBS india not DBS SG

i got a few friends in the program and they also told me a lot of bad experiences

Can share their experiences?

Unregistered 20-05-2023 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248556)

That's because most of them don't actually do any tech work in SEED program.

Like it or not, you don't get to choose your LOBT when you first join. You don't get to choose your role either, you can state your "preference" but ultimately you will do what they need you to do.

If that includes making PowerPoint slides for your SVP, that's what you will do.

You don't like it? Don't do your job and take a "BT" rating for your year-end review and cry about it then.

The lucky ones will get a chance to partake in big projects and get "OT" or "AT" ratings, in which they will then quality for HIPO program ( it's a fast tracked path to promotion )

Good luck, join the program, if you happen to be lucky and work on large-scale projects then congratulations, don't waste it, learn as much as possible and work damn hard.

If you're unlucky and get nothing to do then don't be a moron and just do nothing for 2+ years lol, that's incredibly stupid. I've seen SEEDers just sit by for 1.5 years doing nothing, like why? Go self-learn or prep for interviews.

Once you get "BT" twice in a row you're going to get fired.

Unregistered 20-05-2023 11:09 AM

Also no one told me this but apparently you can't even rotate out after 1 year.

They say you can and you can list your preference to do so but the actual rotation actually never happens, it's just silence after that.

Unregistered 20-05-2023 12:07 PM

lets be real, people leave for other reasons not just tech stack lol

s://.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/13lw99t/whistleblower_calls_out_alleged_unfair_hiring/

citibank is the same, jp morgan and many more places. fact is that theres lots of foreigners in these banks and they will look out for their own people only

dont wanna be like edmw cry ceca but lol u look at the big 4 thread also theyre talking about JHK all the time, sg is not for sinkies anymore

Unregistered 20-05-2023 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248612)

Like it or not, you don't get to choose your LOBT when you first join. You don't get to choose your role either, you can state your "preference" but ultimately you will do what they need you to do.

If that includes making PowerPoint slides for your SVP, that's what you will do.

You don't like it? Don't do your job and take a "BT" rating for your year-end review and cry about it then.

The lucky ones will get a chance to partake in big projects and get "OT" or "AT" ratings, in which they will then quality for HIPO program ( it's a fast tracked path to promotion )

Good luck, join the program, if you happen to be lucky and work on large-scale projects then congratulations, don't waste it, learn as much as possible and work damn hard.

If you're unlucky and get nothing to do then don't be a moron and just do nothing for 2+ years lol, that's incredibly stupid. I've seen SEEDers just sit by for 1.5 years doing nothing, like why? Go self-learn or prep for interviews.

Hi could u explain the ratings more and how is the rating done, yearly?

Unregistered 20-05-2023 02:51 PM

Quote:

Hi could u share more about the ratings? Thank u

Unregistered 20-05-2023 04:34 PM

Quote:

actually someone with brain cells here. Thank you

Unregistered 20-05-2023 09:44 PM

Quote:

this is so true, facts

Unregistered 22-05-2023 02:19 PM

66k - 68k the increment like weird

Unregistered 23-05-2023 02:48 PM

how come i never receive news of this increment im july batch

Unregistered 24-05-2023 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248850)

Because you've already signed your contract abuden.

Unregistered 24-05-2023 08:25 PM

are you fkin kidding me this raise should be consistent throughout everyone in the july batch!

Unregistered 24-05-2023 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248926)
are you fkin kidding me this raise should be consistent throughout everyone in the july batch!

Chill there should be a revision later on

Unregistered 26-05-2023 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248850)

likely those considered 2 tier lower batch. i hear

Unregistered 26-05-2023 08:45 AM

Quote:

pay should be different right? if everyone in seed get the same then for fk do they have performance ratings? like that everyone just nua get normal rating, why bother doing above and beyond if all same pay lol

Unregistered 26-05-2023 12:00 PM

Im pretty sure he meant the starting pay?

Unregistered 26-05-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

no bro pay is always diff

last time i join their GA OPS DBS programme also same, i got 4.5k, my friend got 4.7k, we same university, gpa around the same also lol he only got higher cos he negotiated...

the hr told me same pay but my friend show me his offer letter, i dunno who to believe, maybe my friend photoshop his letter but i doubt it LOL abit lame

Unregistered 09-06-2023 06:22 PM

Dbs seed salary

Hi, just wanna know the salary increment for SEED. Do they still follow the increment based on 6 months, 12 months and 24 months? Also, how much is the increment? Thank