Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 03-04-2021 02:12 PM

How long would that be to complete a background check? May be max is 5 days?

Would that be possible, they are taking in more 50 to 100 candidates? So by sending in those doc to expedite the offer.

Well, this is the only reason I can think off.

Other dbs program like ops, intake is small, about 15 to 20. That explain why only the shortlisted require to complete their pre-employment check.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163611)
Standard practice that the pre-employment check only do if they are keen to hire you right? It won’t just to for all.

But again, is too early to provide them, honesty first time hearing it understand we need to complete two rounds of Techtrek.

I checked with my friend from other program, she said no, only provide them if you are shortlisted after so many round of tests and interview.

I guess SEED program is more straight forward ba. Only need to pass two rounds of Techtrek.

Not that early. Previous round also same. Due to large intake of seeders, they asked for early onboarding application so that in the event you are shortlisted, they can straight do their pre employment checks (typically takes about 2-3 weeks)

Unregistered 03-04-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163619)
Not that early. Previous round also same. Due to large intake of seeders, they asked for early onboarding application so that in the event you are shortlisted, they can straight do their pre employment checks (typically takes about 2-3 weeks)

Only for SEED program. Okay understand.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163613)
SEED programme is only for underachievers. Sorry to tell the truth. Pay is not that bad, but DBS knows they cant pouch top talent hence they lower the bar and increase the pay.

How to take you seriously when you can't even use poach correctly

Unregistered 05-04-2021 10:54 AM

Still yet to receive the onboarding email before techtrek. How HR can give some clarification. Thank you

Unregistered 05-04-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163823)
Still yet to receive the onboarding email before techtrek. How HR can give some clarification. Thank you

I actually asked HR on this... the onboarding email is to facilitate them in the subsequent onboarding process if you get selected after the techtrek, because the decision usually made immediately after the session.

So if you received it beforw, it doesnt mean anything lol

Unregistered 05-04-2021 04:18 PM

Received the rehearsal confirmation email, it mentioned the invitation to complete full application from dbs onboarding email as well.

I think everyone should be receiving it.

Unregistered 05-04-2021 05:45 PM

Anyone know of any other similar roles that are good for a fresh graduate?Thanks

Unregistered 05-04-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163963)
Anyone know of any other similar roles that are good for a fresh graduate?Thanks

Rofl if share with you, wouldnt it make the competition for them even higher? You want people to spood feed you? Wait long long.

Unregistered 05-04-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163946)
Received the rehearsal confirmation email, it mentioned the invitation to complete full application from dbs onboarding email as well.

I think everyone should be receiving it.

Yes everyone should receive it, not indicative of shortlisting