Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 02-04-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163525)
You know what is the meaning of onboarding or not? yet to take test, DBS so good to sent you onboarding email. Cam screen shot here or not.

Don't think its an onboarding email. the email is from "DBS Onboarding", but the subject is "Invite to complete full application"

Mostly asking to go to the taleo website to fill in professional references, attach past 3 months payslips, authorise credit bureau check, etc.

Sorry can't figure out how to put screenshot here.

Unregistered 02-04-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163559)
Don't think its an onboarding email. the email is from "DBS Onboarding", but the subject is "Invite to complete full application"

Mostly asking to go to the taleo website to fill in professional references, attach past 3 months payslips, authorise credit bureau check, etc.

Sorry can't figure out how to put screenshot here.

Is all will receive it? Din come across this subject.

But is bit strange that DBS want all these doc for submission before taking any test yet. How do they select who receive who not?

I don’t think other program will have that. Is it may be because we don’t have panel interview?

Unregistered 03-04-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163560)

But is bit strange that DBS want all these doc for submission before taking any test yet. How do they select who receive who not?

I don’t think other program will have that. Is it may be because we don’t have panel interview?

i think its a common practice for dbs

Unregistered 03-04-2021 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163570)
i think its a common practice for dbs

I searched my inbox din see any.

I also check from other forum, like ops program also did not receive those checks prior to the interview.

So I don’t is a common practice for dbs.

😱😭

Unregistered 03-04-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163560)

Hmm agree its a bit strange to ask for these, especially the past months' payslips (I thought this is normally asked during salary nego). If the purpose is so that they can send out offers asap after techtrek, then also dont see why they need to know the candidate's current pay...

But won't be getting my hopes up anyway, since this last intake seems really competitive.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163599)
Hmm agree its a bit strange to ask for these, especially the past months' payslips (I thought this is normally asked during salary nego). If the purpose is so that they can send out offers asap after techtrek, then also dont see why they need to know the candidate's current pay...

But won't be getting my hopes up anyway, since this last intake seems really competitive.

It’s a common practice for SEED programme. The reason for the early onboarding application is to speed up the process of doing pre employment checks. So yup, even if you received the onboarding application, it does not mean that you are “pre-selected”.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163606)
It’s a common practice for SEED programme. The reason for the early onboarding application is to speed up the process of doing pre employment checks. So yup, even if you received the onboarding application, it does not mean that you are “pre-selected”.

Standard practice that the pre-employment check only do if they are keen to hire you right? It won’t just to for all.

But again, is too early to provide them, honesty first time hearing it understand we need to complete two rounds of Techtrek.

I checked with my friend from other program, she said no, only provide them if you are shortlisted after so many round of tests and interview.

I guess SEED program is more straight forward ba. Only need to pass two rounds of Techtrek.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163611)
Standard practice that the pre-employment check only do if they are keen to hire you right? It won’t just to for all.

But again, is too early to provide them, honesty first time hearing it understand we need to complete two rounds of Techtrek.

I checked with my friend from other program, she said no, only provide them if you are shortlisted after so many round of tests and interview.

I guess SEED program is more straight forward ba. Only need to pass two rounds of Techtrek.

One more thing to add on, she said did not ask for pay slip.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163606)

SEED programme is only for underachievers. Sorry to tell the truth. Pay is not that bad, but DBS knows they cant pouch top talent hence they lower the bar and increase the pay.

Unregistered 03-04-2021 01:56 PM

DBS program hiring got different process. Not standardize.

All I can guess is that SEED pay you base on your previous pay slip if not why need to submit? Don’t think there is room for salary neg also

I was chatting with my friend on this yesterday. She was quite surprised that we need to submit those doc before going through some tests/interview.