Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 07-11-2022 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234391)
Lol not good enough? I didn’t even reply as I am too good for SEED. JPM and BOA begging me to join them instead.

jpm and boa from tao bao asking you to join?

Unregistered 08-11-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234053)
Send me a text on tele; @grassjelly22

Hi want to join the tele group too but can't find you on search

Unregistered 08-11-2022 01:40 PM

was keen to join DBS seed after my 2yrs at govt sector doing research (i have good knowledge on data), applied and did all the stuff. At the same time I was also offered to do PHD in engineering (DReng)... paying me around 5.5k-5.8k as a phd candidate... in the end i chose the phd route. dk if i made the right choice or not. another 4 shitty years to go.. yolo

Unregistered 08-11-2022 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234437)
was keen to join DBS seed after my 2yrs at govt sector doing research (i have good knowledge on data), applied and did all the stuff. At the same time I was also offered to do PHD in engineering (DReng)... paying me around 5.5k-5.8k as a phd candidate... in the end i chose the phd route. dk if i made the right choice or not. another 4 shitty years to go.. yolo

If I were you I would do the same. Not everyone has the opportunity or the brains to do a sponsored PhD or even a master degree. Furthermore you are doing it in engineering which is heavily on advanced math and physics?. Jeez. I studied EEE and I cannot take those disgusting modules especially engineering physics. I was offered to do a masters in EEE as well but I decided to convert to data science. Wonder how will my life be if I chose the masters route.

All the best dude

Unregistered 08-11-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234382)
when did yall submit? i submitted just now and didnt get a reply on the hackathon yet :(

Applied for it last week, did all the coding assignment last week and receive the hackathon invitation the next day after i submit the coding assignment.

Unregistered 08-11-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234059)
Leave your tele username and I’ll add you guys to the group.
Or drop a text to @grassjelly22
Rmb your telegram privacy else can’t add

Hello. Please add me at @tmot_c, thanks very much!

Unregistered 08-11-2022 05:18 PM

Quote:

Who tf asked for ur story lol

Unregistered 08-11-2022 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234447)
Who tf asked for ur story lol

Who tf asked for ur reply lol

Unregistered 08-11-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234457)
Who tf asked for ur reply lol

Who tf asked you to reply to my reply lol

Unregistered 08-11-2022 08:54 PM

Quote:

your post makes no sense

so do u wanna be a professor in the future or what?

people dont get PhDs to work in tech companies, that makes 0 sense. a PhD isn't going to skyrocket you to a L5 / senior SWE / AVP tier at any tech company, let alone banks.

they look at relevant YOE. one reason why they discourage masters over in the US for tech is solely because no US tech companies gives a sht about academics since they either teach mostly irrelevant garbage or specialize too hard into something incredibly niche and useless.

most tech companies want a generalist or someone who can adapt to anything.