Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 15-11-2021 07:58 PM

Anyone who went for TT2 received the shortlisted email alr?

Unregistered 15-11-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190106)
You're probably OP, but I'm merely refuting the statement that DBS does not provide Macbook Pros. It depends on the department you're in.

If the information from the last batch that joined isn't indicative, then go call up the HR instead of wasting your time asking here.

HR won't be lurking these forums so I'm sorry I provided your ungrateful ass with useless information.

this one confirm csb

at IGT team last yr no MacBook one, all ThinkPad

Unregistered 15-11-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190113)
this one confirm csb

can confirm there is. I think C2E get mac, the rest should be thinkpads.
y'all can ask this year's seeders. dunno about previous years

Unregistered 15-11-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190118)
can confirm there is. I think C2E get mac, the rest should be thinkpads.
y'all can ask this year's seeders. dunno about previous years

i talking about last year, u say confirm there is then u say

"dunno about previous years"

???? wtf ?

so u know or dunno ?

Unregistered 15-11-2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190120)
i talking about last year, u say confirm there is then u say

"dunno about previous years"

???? wtf ?

so u know or dunno ?

why u talk until so LC? ask whether got macbook or not now i tell u now got la.
how and why would you care about the previous years?

get in and find out for yourself la. like srsly if whether u get the OS u like or not affects your decision to take the job then just gtfo.

ppl like you really fking lame seriously, get a life.

Unregistered 15-11-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190052)
Have, but don't expect balling dev machines like the Macbook Pro fit for hardcore dev work. At best is only ThinkPad.

And DBS aims to be a tech firm. Top kek. Don't think they are able to keep up with big tech, the new fintech firms, and up and coming DeFi frameworks/blockchain use cases.

Also recognise they are propping up an ancient financial system responsible for the exploitation of the masses. They are scared of the blockchain, which is why the government is allowing them first dibs to "protect the consumer".

There are tech firms worth joining, then there are second rate tech firms, followed by consultancy and engineering, then there is this which is just putting lipstick on a pig.

lipstick on a pig LOL

Unregistered 16-11-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190113)
this one confirm csb

You'd think a (top-tier) tech firm would allow all devs, regardless of who the end user of the developed product is, to use the best hardware and software available to make incredible products. Guess this company isn't. Why? Historical baggage? Sorry, I meant legacy systems too old to bring up to date? How about cumbersome restrictions? Sorry, I meant legal financial regulations.

Yeah, this is definitely a top tier tech firm to be. Not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190052)
Also recognise they are propping up an ancient financial system responsible for the exploitation of the masses. They are scared of the blockchain, which is why the government is allowing them first dibs to "protect the consumer".

Interesting point on "protect the consumer" you pointed out here. Seems more like "entrench the inequitible system" and "exploit the comsumer for more gains". Got to wonder why first dibs went to institutional investors and "accredited" investors. Is the consumer so dumb they need "protection from exploitation" because of a new asset class?

Unregistered 16-11-2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190161)
You'd think a (top-tier) tech firm would allow all devs, regardless of who the end user of the developed product is, to use the best hardware and software available to make incredible products. Guess this company isn't. Why? Historical baggage? Sorry, I meant legacy systems too old to bring up to date? How about cumbersome restrictions? Sorry, I meant legal financial regulations.

Yeah, this is definitely a top tier tech firm to be. Not.

Interesting point on "protect the consumer" you pointed out here. Seems more like "entrench the inequitible system" and "exploit the comsumer for more gains". Got to wonder why first dibs went to institutional investors and "accredited" investors. Is the consumer so dumb they need "protection from exploitation" because of a new asset class?

DBS is not a top TECH firm. It is a BANK, first and foremost. LMAO talk about missing the woods for the trees.

Somewhere along the way all the wannabe SWEs here forgot this elementary fact that they're applying to work in the BANK. Really have to hand it to SEED marketing team, their branding is quite power, to make people forget about this fact.

If you wanted to live out your dream of working in a top tech firm, go and apply to...a top tech firm! It's not such a difficult concept to wrap your head around.

Unregistered 16-11-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190162)
DBS is not a top TECH firm. It is a BANK, first and foremost. LMAO talk about missing the woods for the trees.

Somewhere along the way all the wannabe SWEs here forgot this elementary fact that they're applying to work in the BANK. Really have to hand it to SEED marketing team, their branding is quite power, to make people forget about this fact.

If you wanted to live out your dream of working in a top tech firm, go and apply to...a top tech firm! It's not such a difficult concept to wrap your head around.

why u talk until so LC? ask whether got macbook or not now i tell u now got la.
how and why would you care about the previous years?

get in and find out for yourself la. like srsly if whether u get the OS u like or not affects your decision to take the job then just gtfo.

ppl like you really fking lame seriously, get a life.

Unregistered 16-11-2021 04:44 PM

Will it still be wfh or in office alrd for dbs?