Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Any Kaplan students here can land a job in 2020? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12847-any-kaplan-students-here-can-land-job-2020-a.html)

Unregistered 02-07-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140623)
my department in one of the big 4, actually the admin block ppl from kplan....

Big 4 generally has never favoured fresh graduate from private uni anyway. Hence why you either make it or you don't.

Thangtvn96 02-07-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140649)
I graduated in 2018 with a comp science and cyber security double major degree from murdoch uni, landed a job 1 month after graduation. starting pay was 3.8k in a GLC, now $39xx, this year no increment due to covid, planning to jump next year or so to learn a different specialization, kaplan people, don't give up!

Wow, that's inspiring! Thank you so much :)

Unregistered 03-07-2020 02:21 AM

Rule of a thumb.

If a job requires you to go through a psychometric test or assessment first, you’ll have a higher chance to land an interview. So practice hard with the free testing resources available online (like SHL) and ace it to get a callback! I am currently midway through a graduate scheme with a FMCG firm and I am blessed to be on the same pay grade as my local uni colleagues.

Otherwise, aside from those speciaized programmes like IT or nursing, sad to say that all distance-learning degrees will always be at the lowest of the pecking order. Especially with the pandemic, local grads will always be higher on the priority list to hire. Manage your expectations and all the best!

Thangtvn96 03-07-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140682)
Rule of a thumb.

If a job requires you to go through a psychometric test or assessment first, you’ll have a higher chance to land an interview. So practice hard with the free testing resources available online (like SHL) and ace it to get a callback! I am currently midway through a graduate scheme with a FMCG firm and I am blessed to be on the same pay grade as my local uni colleagues.

Otherwise, aside from those speciaized programmes like IT or nursing, sad to say that all distance-learning degrees will always be at the lowest of the pecking order. Especially with the pandemic, local grads will always be higher on the priority list to hire. Manage your expectations and all the best!

It's hard truth. Thank you so much

Unregistered 08-07-2020 01:14 AM

I'm not one to share but since I was from Kaplan, just drop you some tips:

Commercial roles do pay well.. with steep learning curve might start at low 3XXX or 40k-ish p.a., i did well in my successive roles and i make deliberate job switches to do what i want to do, 4 years exp i am making basic 85k p.a. and bonuses + incentives avg 40k, and i just turned 30 2 weeks ago......

so please don't allow your degree to hold back your horizon, yes having a private degree opens fewer doors but after work experiences count more after 2 - 3 year of working experience. my income literally grew threefold over the last 3 years, but my IRAS grew over 15 times :(

most importantly, apply yourself and stay ahead of the curve.

P.S. I actually enjoy the fact that everyone is ignoring that uneducated loser ^^

Unregistered 09-11-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uday Bryant (Post 189455)
Please tell me is it possible to find a job without education? I really want to learn and work in parallel. I have not yet looked for a job, since I am focused on preparing all the documents for admission. Thanks to the blog [URL="s://collegetotal.com/how-to-write-a-personal-statement-medical-school-report/"]s://collegetotal.com/how-to-write-a-personal-statement-medical-school-report/[/ I studied the information about the importance of a personal statement and recommendations for writing it, it remains to make every effort to make this writing paper of high quality. I hope I will overcome this difficult stage of entering the university and I will be able to combine study and work.

Go be PFC in a local bank lah... 3k base salary + commission. No barriers to entry.