Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 22-03-2016 11:45 AM

PB is grade(both MX level and performance level) determined. It's quite transparent - no negotiation required. Anyway the matter of contention is not in this, rather, that someone mentioned he/she has high MI ($360 for MX12) C grade, info available now.(that's what he /she claims).

Unregistered 22-03-2016 02:26 PM

PB grades

Any idea what is the minimum grade for MX13 to promote to MX12?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 02:38 PM

Usually B. So far three of my colleagues promoted with a B. Must say they are competent. Now 28,29,30-all grade 11.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 02:51 PM

Sorry, it is based on one year tenure, akin to probationary period. So if capacity is low, might not get the auto-promotion after one year. But all three colleagues got them. And they are consistent B-graders

mhakkinen 22-03-2016 03:26 PM

When someone changes ministry (not secondment), could someone shed some light on whether 1. the CEP and 2. performance grades from the old ministry is visible to the new ministry when ranking a candidate?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 04:36 PM

It is transparent. The two Ministries will collaborate in any case, current ministry will seek appraisal from ex-ministry of incumbent. One colleague joined 1st May, for appraisal, her RO sought her performance from her ex-Ro.

mhakkinen 22-03-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81907)
It is transparent. The two Ministries will collaborate in any case, current ministry will seek appraisal from ex-ministry of incumbent. One colleague joined 1st May, for appraisal, her RO sought her performance from her ex-Ro.

I believe you're referring to a case of transfer here and the new ministry is trying to get inputs for the work done from Jan to May at the old ministry?

What if we're talking about a stint where I rejoin the civil service after 5 years? Don't get me wrong - this is not a case of having something to hide; rather, I am trying to get a sense of the impartiality since CEP and perf grades are - in theory - supposed to be independently evaluated.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 06:41 PM

I see. Sorry, I do not have hard facts for you. To me, without any reinstatement of services or benefits, it will start from scrap, square 1. Views from someone in HR?

Unregistered 22-03-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81867)
guys, your PB does not perfectly map back to your grade. everyone can be right, because there's no fixed formula. some people whose grades are lower can still get higher PBs than what is being guessed at. it's all based on the amount available to the department to distribute, dept heads get the leeway to adjust.

source: personal experience.

but of course if everyone wants to fight and insist there's a magic formula, go ahead

Agree. Finally someone who knows the insider story. MOF allocates each Ministry a certain amount of PB bonus budget based on headcount. Each Ministry has the freedom to decide how they want to allocate the budget across the various grades and PB i.e. An MX12 B grader at Ministry A may get lesser PB quantum than an MX12 C+ grader in Ministry B, ceteris paribus. It really depends on whether the Minsitry values top talent more or equitable distribution more.

MI is based on your CEP, not so much your PB grade.

source: years of being a HR kaypoh in CS

Unregistered 22-03-2016 10:15 PM

Same person as earlier?