Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Current Estimated Potential (CEP) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1218-civil-service-current-estimated-potential-cep.html)

Unregistered 22-09-2022 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226280)
Who initiates a change in CEP? RO?

even change already hor
during board ranking exercise, fight within dept to justify the ranking
then inter dept/division within the same sub-group
then between different sub-groups

nvr ending one

Unregistered 22-09-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219951)
CEP stands for Current Estimated Potential and it is exactly as the words imply - how high are you estimated to be able to rise by X age (I've heard its 55, don't take my word for it). The CEP is reviewed year on year by your direct reporting officer who can make it higher or lower. But a lot of justification is required for big swings, so your reporting officer really has to go out of his/her way to push for you (and rightfully so, for the right talents).

So how that affects progression is, based on your CEP, your promotions tend to be spaced out by X age accordingly. E.g. if you have 5 ranks to climb in 20 years before X age, you will be promoted about once every 4 yours. Of course this isn't cast in stone, lots of other factors such availability of roles and of course individual performance comes into play.

Hope this helps.

CEP doesn't really matter for the majority that won't stay till 55. Nowadays, its alr considered very good if an employee stays for more than 3 to 4 years.

Unregistered 22-09-2022 02:30 PM

Does CEP even exist for diploma holder who enter statsboard?

Unregistered 22-09-2022 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230970)

CEP exist for everyone even if you join as an ITE grad.

Unregistered 22-09-2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231003)
CEP exist for everyone even if you join as an ITE grad.

how do you know your cep, is it first day of work? im joining stat board next month end

Unregistered 22-09-2022 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231010)
how do you know your cep, is it first day of work? im joining stat board next month end

CEP is not supposed to be known to the employee. Think about it:

High CEP employee knows CEP is high:
- Get complacent since will get promoted quickly anyway
- Jealousy among colleagues

Low CEP employee knows CEP is low:
- No motivation to perform since won't get promoted

Unregistered 23-09-2022 10:05 PM

So who knows my CEP? My RO?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231071)
So who knows my CEP? My RO?

more likely than not, HR would already have the CEP of the post tt u r applying for or are already engaged for.

RO may know becos need to have some basis to fight/justify in the annual ranking exercise whh will well decide if u get your MI or even PB

Unregistered 25-09-2022 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230970)

it does.

what make u think CEP is only for degree / masters pple?

Unregistered 25-09-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231174)
more likely than not, HR would already have the CEP of the post tt u r applying for or are already engaged for.

RO may know becos need to have some basis to fight/justify in the annual ranking exercise whh will well decide if u get your MI or even PB

CEP is not tied to the post. CEP is tied to the individual.

In any case, CEP has been phased out as of this year. The new term is Leadership Potential (LP). This means that only people who have been identified as future leaders/directors will have a LP ranking (in Ministries, this means LP 9 and above).

The good news (or bad for some) is that promotions are no longer tied to time-norms. That is to say, you can't farm and expect to be promoted in X number of years. A greater emphasis will be placed on meritocracy in a sense.