Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Shopee fresh grad pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11930-shopee-fresh-grad-pay.html)

Unregistered 21-09-2022 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230856)
Haha I'm not gonna share much because let's be honest you already fixed on the mindset that shopee employees are all useless and trash and that's ok,

For those interested in real info, it was tiring working at shopee and most of the dev documentations were in Chinese. There's lots of meetings with China staffs as well so work late into 10pm+ was quite common.

It is what it is, it was good place to learn and adapt. Now I'm at a much better job that's a typical 8-5 job with 10% more pay and significantly less stress

Honestly if I had a chance to go back I wouldn't. Back then shopee was quite highly favored, now not anymore. It was fun while it lasted.

Lol full of rubbish post 😂

No wonder shopee sucks

Unregistered 21-09-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230863)
Lol full of rubbish post 😂

No wonder shopee sucks

Ah yes, shopee sucks because of his post.

LMFAO actual retard, cope harder.

Unregistered 21-09-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230853)

-Reimbursements for business travel will be capped at economy class flight fares, and USD 150 a night for hotel stays.
-We will be capping international business travel meal expenses to USD 30 per day.
-We will no longer reimburse internal or external meals or entertainment.
-For local car transportation, we will use the most economical service option provided by local ride booking or taxi services.

These new rules will apply to every Sailor, including myself and the entire leadership team

LOL from yayapapaya to 2 star hotel and take Grab or Comfort. All the jlbs jin sad

Unregistered 21-09-2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230899)
LOL from yayapapaya to 2 star hotel and take Grab or Comfort. All the jlbs jin sad

Spoken like a true low class poor fktard.

Cope harder in poverty kid.

Unregistered 21-09-2022 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230912)
Spoken like a true low class poor fktard.

Cope harder in poverty kid.

I work in Google / Alphabet.
Hit me up whenever you're in the Pasir Panjang area bro. My treat.

Unregistered 22-09-2022 02:41 AM

Saw many shoppee pretty girls got Lay off on LinkedIn looking for jobs. Hope they wlll advertise their services on sammyboy forum soon. Looks delicious.

Unregistered 22-09-2022 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230860)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Shopee was never "highly favored" in the tech industry; the tech functions are seen as rejects from FAANG that do non-value adding work yet can have meetings at 10pm+. Non-tech functions are mainly segregated into the do fk all that cruises day by day and saikang warriors (this is the entire PM team). The fact that the ratio of SWEs to PMs is closer to 2:1 should be telling of how fked up the department is.

Re retrenchment, you should be aware from day 1 if your function is core i.e. revenue-generating, or experimental in nature (a fkload of "special projects", no clearly defined scope, and daily changing priority). What is happening now is management giving the middle finger to these "growth" projects, and focus on having a unit economics that actually makes sense.

If you are in tech and were affected, my advice is grind LEET codes, explain your past contributions in Shopee (+ points if can concisely touch on "how" and "why" of the systems architecture, shows you are not just a mindless robot), and memorize the typical BS (DP, tree, BFS n DFS, sorts, etc). Don't rely on the Shopee brand name, it stinks.

Ex-shopee, now in FAANG in US. I don't think the industry is as judgy as you think...As far as talent evaluation goes, leetcode + system design probably more important than what brand name you carry. I would guess it only really matters at the first recruiter/online assessment screen.

The only thing you can't control is macro-economic conditions which have now changed. Doesn't matter which tech company you are--if you aren't generating cash you're going to be in trouble shortly as the oxygen (cheap money) gets taken out of the room.

Unregistered 22-09-2022 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230896)
Ah yes, shopee sucks because of his post.

LMFAO actual retard, cope harder.

Eh shopee dog you are back! How? Collect letter already? Or you still think overseas closure don’t affect the group?

Unregistered 22-09-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230914)
I work in Google / Alphabet.
Hit me up whenever you're in the Pasir Panjang area bro. My treat.

LMAO no one says that they work for Alphabet

Way to expose yourself, dumb fk.

Unregistered 22-09-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230928)
Saw many shoppee pretty girls got Lay off on LinkedIn looking for jobs. Hope they wlll advertise their services on sammyboy forum soon. Looks delicious.

u think u eating Kentucky Fried Chicken is it