Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   High Finance Thread (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11831-high-finance-thread.html)

Unregistered 25-01-2022 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199025)
Obviously not

people outside the industry dk difference between the roles also. hear goldman then think those ppl so satki. got some guy i know working in goldman ops but telling friends as if he some big shot banker. almost fell off my chair laughing after hearing. Another type is those on linkedin put "analyst" but never specify the role or department. most of this type confirm some BO scrubs

Unregistered 25-01-2022 01:35 AM

say FO in boutique and MO in BB both earn $6kpm

FO in boutique if farm hard, can get to a tier2/3 bank like Stanchart etc, maybe farm to BB FO someday

MO in BB is stuck there, much longer to hit VP level where total comp is still less than BB IB analyst

but if you are FO in boutique and stuck there...good luck to your work life balance and I don't envy you unless you climb to MD / partner level and start taking a cut of your P&L (provided you can find your own clients)

Unregistered 25-01-2022 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199401)
people outside the industry dk difference between the roles also. hear goldman then think those ppl so satki. got some guy i know working in goldman ops but telling friends as if he some big shot banker. almost fell off my chair laughing after hearing. Another type is those on linkedin put "analyst" but never specify the role or department. most of this type confirm some BO scrubs

Agree - FO IB analysts will usually put Investment Banking Analyst as their title.

I saw a trend of GS ops ppl on linkedin who don't put their function in ops. hilarious. then try to look so fugging smug like they are a bigshot.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199409)
Agree - FO IB analysts will usually put Investment Banking Analyst as their title.

I saw a trend of GS ops ppl on linkedin who don't put their function in ops. hilarious. then try to look so fugging smug like they are a bigshot.

I once embarrassed a smug GS guy at a bar once, friend of a friend at a chapalang drinks meetup. He was talking big about his job, working at Gohman with big bonus blah blah blah but shying away from his exact function until I probed deeper. Eventually he had no choice but to reveal that he was actually in ops, to which I proclaimed loudly OHH OPS ANALYST AH until next table can hear.

He diam diam the rest of the night :o

Unregistered 25-01-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199440)
I once embarrassed a smug GS guy at a bar once, friend of a friend at a chapalang drinks meetup. He was talking big about his job, working at Gohman with big bonus blah blah blah but shying away from his exact function until I probed deeper. Eventually he had no choice but to reveal that he was actually in ops, to which I proclaimed loudly OHH OPS ANALYST AH until next table can hear.

usually such people are really insecure.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199440)

ex exercise trainer damn poser one? if you know, you know

Unregistered 25-01-2022 10:07 AM

Lol this thread is so funny. We are getting so hung up on what people's jobs/roles are, just to make ourselves feel better or embarass others. When most of the BB FOs can't even be bothered to visit this forum. We're just a bunch of lowlifes fighting over scraps.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199449)
Lol this thread is so funny. We are getting so hung up on what people's jobs/roles are, just to make ourselves feel better or embarass others. When most of the BB FOs can't even be bothered to visit this forum. We're just a bunch of lowlifes fighting over scraps.

It's a career/salary oriented forum where you don't even need to register an account to post. What more do you expect wiseass?

Unregistered 25-01-2022 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199446)
ex exercise trainer damn poser one? if you know, you know

Dunno this feller but wouldn't be surprised if there were more than 1 yayapapaya in BB ops.

Unregistered 25-01-2022 10:36 AM

Expecting this forum to be more helpful for people genuinely searching for information. But I guess we are just wiseasses, or, in some cases, asses :)