Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   OCBC Graduate Talent Programme 2019 (Previously Young Banker) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10975-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-graduate-talent-programme-2019-previously-young-banker.html)

Unregistered 11-03-2020 03:55 PM

Hi everyone, yes OCBC is still hiring for GTP.
The roles however are very limited and only the divisions you can choose from are still hiring. The rest of the divisions are filled alr.

The HR interview is a screening call sort of, where they will ask you a few extra questions like are you comfortable with numbers, can you speak chinese, do you know python, etc the usual stuff. And they will also introduce you to the specific role within the group that you are going to be interviewing for and check if you are still interested. e.g. GCFS - unsecured loans something like that. So applying to say GCFS/GTB does not mean that you will get the specific role you want within the group. It depends on what position/division is available.

The call took about 30mins or so. Only if you "satisfy" all the HR's requirements during the call will your resume get forwarded to the respective hiring managers. If hiring managers like you, then you progress to the hiring manager round (last round).

The whole timeline is pretty short from my experience...I applied in Feb 2020, did all the cognitive assessments, video interview etc and got the HR screening call/interview a week later. Got another call a week from then to schedule for hiring manager round. Overall less than a month for sure so if you have been waiting more than a month I think your chances are very slim already

Hope these helps!

Unregistered 12-03-2020 06:22 PM

Hey everyone, so I went for the GTP interviews in early Feb but have yet to receive any reply from OCBC. Today I got an offer from Citi for their GCB full time analyst position. So it looks like I won't be needing the OCBC offer anymore. If it helps, I applied for Personal and Business Banking for OCBC.

ATB!!

Unregistered 12-03-2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130029)
Hey everyone, so I went for the GTP interviews in early Feb but have yet to receive any reply from OCBC. Today I got an offer from Citi for their GCB full time analyst position. So it looks like I won't be needing the OCBC offer anymore. If it helps, I applied for Personal and Business Banking for OCBC.

ATB!!

err... ok can.. come we clap for you :)

Unregistered 13-03-2020 03:31 PM

Not for gtp but for general ocbc job. I received a call from HR 2 weeks after my online interview, asking for all my relevant docs. Does that mean that there is a high chance i will get an offer?

Unregistered 13-03-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130083)
Not for gtp but for general ocbc job. I received a call from HR 2 weeks after my online interview, asking for all my relevant docs. Does that mean that there is a high chance i will get an offer?

likely means that you are selected to proceed to the next stage, so the docs are just for reference purposes. still need to go through actual interview(s) before offer

Unregistered 13-03-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130088)
likely means that you are selected to proceed to the next stage, so the docs are just for reference purposes. still need to go through actual interview(s) before offer

I actually already completed all my interviews.. No physical interview because of Covid 19.

Unregistered 15-03-2020 05:17 PM

second lower honours from local uni

Is it possible to get into the programme as a second lower honours acc grad from one of the 3 local unis?

Unregistered 16-03-2020 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130185)
Is it possible to get into the programme as a second lower honours acc grad from one of the 3 local unis?

i'm 2nd lower from ntu and was offered during the first offer cycle

Unregistered 16-03-2020 04:24 PM

For those who were accepted into the 2020 GTP program, may I know the remuneration package?

Unregistered 16-03-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130225)
For those who were accepted into the 2020 GTP program, may I know the remuneration package?

for 2nd upper, it is $4200. not sure about the rest!