Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Enterprise Singapore hiriing timeframe (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10487-enterprise-singapore-hiriing-timeframe.html)

Unregistered 18-01-2019 07:05 PM

Should I try EDB or enterprise Singapore? If only one of the two

Unregistered 16-02-2019 03:00 PM

EDB for sure.

Unregistered 17-02-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113218)
I went for interview and the Global Markets Director was very condescending and asked intrusive questions about my children and Husband before he dropped the bomb that there was a lot of over time and travelling involved. I mentioned I was ok with it but he looked impatient. Maybe cos I was a married lady he didn’t like it

HR also asked very personal questions to me

Very arrogant workplace, very selfish and elitist people, not pro-family.

AVOID. Plenty of other opportunities that pay well and treat employees like Human. Don’t fall for a sexy-sounding job and be treated like crap:(

Is this for China division? I had a very similar experience last year.

Unregistered 17-02-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113867)
EDB for sure.

I agree. Top management (especially ministers) are often EDB/MAS alumni and see these two agencies as being on top of the pyramid, surpassing even ministries. When they speak, it's often "EDB and MAS should look into this further..." and hardly mention other agencies. Within the Firefly (MTI) stat boards, EDB has been the "big brother" - not surprising since its establishment pre-dates MTI itself.

Perhaps because of this mentality, MAS/EDB are very powerful and their respective parent ministries have only very nominal control over them.

Furthermore, any M&A is bound to create friction, be it "cultural" clash/"territorial" conflict etc, and ESG is not immune to it. Turnover has been high since the merger, with the new chief executive (himself an EDB alumni) "running a tight ship". The HR issue is quite acute, and it's not gone unnoticed by people up there.

They really need warm bodies right now, but I suggest those considering ESG to wait till things settle down first, before we have a clearer picture of how it's like compared to EDB.

Unregistered 18-02-2019 09:35 AM

Is there an overlap in roles between ESG and EDB?

Unregistered 18-02-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113895)
Is there an overlap in roles between ESG and EDB?

Generally speaking in layman terms, ESG deals with SMEs while EDB deals with MNCs

Unregistered 17-03-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113878)
Is this for China division? I had a very similar experience last year.

Hi. Middle East division. Crappy people in there. Dodged a bullet

Unregistered 24-03-2019 09:04 AM

ESG Grades

Hi all does anybody knows what is ESG's ES Scheme like?

from which grade to which, what is the apex and what is the fresh entry grade?

Many thanks.

Unregistered 24-03-2019 12:38 PM

**** place. Avoid. Know plenty of ppl from there. Turnover very high. Political as fk

Unregistered 28-04-2019 05:50 PM

Yes agree really Fu*k place. Dont go there to work.