Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Hospital (Private or Public) Designation and Salary Range (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/10265-hospital-private-public-designation-salary-range.html)

Unregistered 19-03-2023 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242909)
What's keeping you in this job? 10 years for 12 to 13 is way too long. Would have expected most people to leave to greener pastures

Most of my colleagues stayed on cos we have nowhere else to go, go private will be worst.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 243021)
Most of my colleagues stayed on cos we have nowhere else to go, go private will be worst.

Besides teachers, healthcare workers are also one group which suffer from burn-out and will have difficulties switching out to other industries due to employers' view of "skills are not transferable/too niche".

If you're desperate, you can only take on a loss (e.g. 1 year off work) to go for upgrading courses for skills outside of your industry.

Unregistered 19-03-2023 03:45 PM

If anything I would advocate for young students to not take up healthcare jobs in Sg, its underappreciated and underpaid. As we get older, alturism doesnt mean anything, esp when you got adulthood commitments (housing, marriage and etc).

Unregistered 19-03-2023 05:46 PM

so true guys. then who will join the healthcare work force to take care of the sick? staff retention is a huge problem now. and attracting young blood to the workforce is also struggling.. hope the government and our higher management have an answer soon..

Unregistered 21-03-2023 04:46 PM

How to attract and retain talent?

Compensation for drs are top notch

While for the others, it’s the yearly 100+ increment.
Not even close to beat inflation…

Trust me, nothing is done about it.

Unregistered 31-03-2023 01:56 PM

Are hospital executive roles a good place to develop a career in?

2 years of experience in private sector contract roles. Am looking for a permanent role to develop a career in and i don’t mind long hours or no promotion. Was recently offered 2 roles under the same cluster and both hospitals quoted me the same X amount. And its the low 3k range.

Any advice from people working in the adminstrative side of hospitals? TIA!

Unregistered 01-04-2023 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244445)
Are hospital executive roles a good place to develop a career in?

2 years of experience in private sector contract roles. Am looking for a permanent role to develop a career in and i don’t mind long hours or no promotion. Was recently offered 2 roles under the same cluster and both hospitals quoted me the same X amount. And its the low 3k range.

Any advice from people working in the adminstrative side of hospitals? TIA!

do you have more details?

what kind of executive role and what's the scope?

male/female? degree? class?

Unregistered 01-04-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244529)
do you have more details?

what kind of executive role and what's the scope?

male/female? degree? class?

Female, local degree no honours.

Both roles are administrative/coordination/support work. Tried to negotiate for higher pay but didn’t work. Wondering if it’s because i have no honours?

Unregistered 02-04-2023 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244594)
Female, local degree no honours.

Both roles are administrative/coordination/support work. Tried to negotiate for higher pay but didn’t work. Wondering if it’s because i have no honours?

sounds correct.

try asking for 100 more, it usually work.

not no because of honors. but healthcare pay for administrators has always been very rigid.

Unregistered 02-04-2023 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244788)
sounds correct.

try asking for 100 more, it usually work.

not no because of honors. but healthcare pay for administrators has always been very rigid.

Are you working in the healthcare industry? Mind sharing how’s the increment and career progression like for adminstriators? Realistic to hit 5k/pm in 10 years time?

Its a bit weird they quoted me low 3k when their salary posted was in the high 3k to 5k range. Why did they put that amount if they going to offer a much lower salary? Misleading