Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 24-11-2021 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191010)
How is that possible those cert need to validate working experience at least 5 yrs

Maybe they just pass the exam doesnt means they are certified.

Degree -1 year , NS 2 years if you in a related vocation, reminder 2 years can fill with internship+ fte

Unregistered 24-11-2021 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191186)
go for apple, you can join govtech anytime after spending time in Apple

hmmm I think the reverse could also work. Why do you reckon Apple over GovTech tho?

Unregistered 24-11-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191190)
How much Apple offer you? You got how many years of experience?

I'm a fresh grad, Apple base roughly around 80k/yr + RSUs ( honestly just got the verbal, so no official offer yet. GovTech base is 66k/yr + Bonuses so it's around the same annually, maybe Apple is slightly higher.

Unregistered 24-11-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191182)
Hi Guys, pondering between GovTech and Apple, compensation is about the same except that for apple I'll be getting RSUs and possibly bonus. In terms of Eng culture and projects I prefer GovTech. But in terms of name and global exposure, I prefer Apple.

Which one do you think I should choose for my future prospects as well as growth as a SWE? Would appreciate any input for this.

If go for GovTech, depends on which outfit you are going, but truthfully, other than publicly acknowledged mission critical projects like TT or SafeEntry or backend stuff like SupplyAlly, otherwise not exactly that easy to move on from GovTech.

If go for Apple, fierce work, coz everything counts and mission critical, but once you earn your chops there, GovTech or any other govt agencies will love to have you back, since they love people from FAANG.

Therefore, I suggest Apple. Grind first for better semi-retirement options later

Unregistered 24-11-2021 12:58 PM

apple fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191218)
hmmm I think the reverse could also work. Why do you reckon Apple over GovTech tho?

No brain not to choose apple

Unregistered 24-11-2021 01:18 PM

At the end of the day, do you want to be a tech professional or a civil servant? :o

Unregistered 24-11-2021 04:08 PM

NUS fresh grad, got verbal offer, typically how long before offer letter is ready?

Unregistered 24-11-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191307)
NUS fresh grad, got verbal offer, typically how long before offer letter is ready?

It varies depends on the role. Which role is it? Perm or contract?

Unregistered 24-11-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191308)
It varies depends on the role. Which role is it? Perm or contract?

perm and engineer role

Unregistered 25-11-2021 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191317)
perm and engineer role

most prob after security clearance.