Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 30-04-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216355)
Not true. Internships can be considered experience and I’m not sure what it was like for you undergrads these days typically normally do on average around 2-4 internships before they grad. Fresh grads can also be more technically apt than people that lets say did a mid career switch to swe and only been doing it for a year or so. Are they considered higher grades than computing fresh grads? I don’t think so.

Internships don't count as proper years of experience lmao. Go try applying to FAANG with 1 YOE and your "2-4 internships" and see if they will level you as a mid-level.

Mid career switchers don't start any higher than fresh grads, so not sure why you brought this up. Everyone starts at the bottom, why do you think you have negotiating power as someone who just started?

The entitlement is real

Unregistered 30-04-2022 04:23 PM

Govtech glassdoor review rating is 3.8, where they pick the 3.9? HAHAHAHA

Unregistered 30-04-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216355)
Not true. Internships can be considered experience and I’m not sure what it was like for you undergrads these days typically normally do on average around 2-4 internships before they grad. Fresh grads can also be more technically apt than people that lets say did a mid career switch to swe and only been doing it for a year or so. Are they considered higher grades than computing fresh grads? I don’t think so.

Hi fellow juniors, internship is nothing so please don be self entitled

In my year when I’m a fresh grad PHD in com science with post doc (considered as internship) I don’t get any higher when I join.

Unregistered 30-04-2022 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216357)
well, theres a term for this - self-serving bias. "A self-serving bias refers to people's tendency to attribute their successes to internal factors but attribute their failures to external factors."

Seniors must feel really good about themselves for getting that promotion. *pat pat* good job!

Haha I believe in karma, you will be mid senior one day, so this show how badly educated in ur character.

So Good luck n continue your self entitlement, mid senior move because they can afford, I hope you can too :)

Unregistered 30-04-2022 05:46 PM

Chill out everybardy. to me fellow juniors, it's not that bad here lah, pay is not high high but it's also not low. let's try to understand how the mid/seniors feel and to the senpais please also dont discredit us for feeling sad we wont be getting the mdr :( . It's only human nature to be disappointed after having some expectations.

Unregistered 30-04-2022 08:31 PM

MDR should be tied to the competency framework, and not the job grade. This would allow better differentiation of the overachievers in the junior level to be better appreciated.

Unregistered 30-04-2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216393)
MDR should be tied to the competency framework, and not the job grade. This would allow better differentiation of the overachievers in the junior level to be better appreciated.

You are right. What's the point of having the competency framework for juniors if they are not pegged to your performance?

Unregistered 30-04-2022 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216393)

+1. Some juniors are competent in the role but do not yet have enough time in the organization to promote. Conflating role competency and job grade is a bad decision.

Unregistered 01-05-2022 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216394)
You are right. What's the point of having the competency framework for juniors if they are not pegged to your performance?

Ur merit increments already take into consideration of your competency right? MDR is tied to a role.

Unregistered 01-05-2022 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216360)
Internships don't count as proper years of experience lmao. Go try applying to FAANG with 1 YOE and your "2-4 internships" and see if they will level you as a mid-level.

Mid career switchers don't start any higher than fresh grads, so not sure why you brought this up. Everyone starts at the bottom, why do you think you have negotiating power as someone who just started?

The entitlement is real

Mid career switchers in grade D and computing grads in grade D, you tell me (disregarding the competencies, just purely comparing avg), is this fair comparison?

and LOL why are you gatekeeping what's "proper years of experience"? You still are doing real work in internship and you still have impact and learn things. What basis are you invalidating this from? your "actual" years of exp? The only entitlement I see is from you and your "oh these new comers should get less than me because of my YeArs of AcTuAl experience". Who knows you maybe a zhou bo lang? but oh got YOE so here you must be capable.