Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 14-04-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275101)
Only the bonus amount is an absolute value. The increment is still % but hearsay it will be lower because they want to reward the better-performing employees through "bigger" bonuses and won't focus on their "base" salary anymore.

if that’s the case, the better ones will have more incentive to take the bonus and leave since the salary falls below market or expectation.

Unregistered 14-04-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275047)
I suspect this is intentional as many new joiners joined at near max of their grades. With this change, can give lesser bonus

what is the trigger? indeed saga karma

Unregistered 14-04-2024 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275101)
Only the bonus amount is an absolute value. The increment is still % but hearsay it will be lower because they want to reward the better-performing employees through "bigger" bonuses and won't focus on their "base" salary anymore.

better-performing employees refer to C+ and above or B and above?

Unregistered 14-04-2024 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275047)
I suspect this is intentional as many new joiners joined at near max of their grades. With this change, can give lesser bonus

I know many new joiners are at the lower band so they definitely get more.
But since all ppl of same salary grade are ranked together, I think the new approach is fairer. Same salary grade should be paid same if their performance is the same.

Unregistered 14-04-2024 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275114)
better-performing employees refer to C+ and above or B and above?

It is all relative. C graders are better performing than D, while C+ graders are better than C. The higher your performance grade, the higher your bonus is.

Unregistered 14-04-2024 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275072)
1 Senior Director
2 Director
13 Principal engineers/UX (grade k)
12 Lead engineers/UX (grade j)
11 Senior engineers/UX (grade i)
22 engineers/UX (grade g/h)
0 associate engineers/UX

this is crazy, 27 out of 61 in 1 team are Lead and above level, what kind of team structure here

no wonder govtech need to cut SI, IPB because all indeed are overpaid and budget go there

This one I really cannot brain and I only wish I can bring this up during govtech con

Why on earth will u give them such high ranking position and title. pui

A bit a bit also lead and principal. Makes the title feels so cheap already. Why dont take care of the services whom are slogging in and out, taking care of the agency and clocking revenues for the organization

I am a Grade G with 8 years exp (outside of govtech) and I cannot brain how long I need to climb just to have that title

And when are they going to change the DBA title. Omg

Unregistered 14-04-2024 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275084)
so assuming same job grade and performance grace, the one with existing higher salary gets lower pb in terms of months. he will also potentially get lower absolute Salary Increment.

he will also potentially get lower absolute Salary Increment? why?

Unregistered 14-04-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275120)
This one I really cannot brain and I only wish I can bring this up during govtech con

Why on earth will u give them such high ranking position and title. pui

A bit a bit also lead and principal. Makes the title feels so cheap already. Why dont take care of the services whom are slogging in and out, taking care of the agency and clocking revenues for the organization

I am a Grade G with 8 years exp (outside of govtech) and I cannot brain how long I need to climb just to have that title

And when are they going to change the DBA title. Omg

Lol bro or sis,why u copy my quote. I thought someone resonated with me but I read it again, only realised I wrote it lol

Unregistered 14-04-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275129)
he will also potentially get lower absolute Salary Increment? why?

Might not be for SI. See if I can find out in our upcoming town hall this Wed

Unregistered 14-04-2024 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275072)
1 Senior Director
2 Director
13 Principal engineers/UX (grade k)
12 Lead engineers/UX (grade j)
11 Senior engineers/UX (grade i)
22 engineers/UX (grade g/h)
0 associate engineers/UX

this is crazy, 27 out of 61 in 1 team are Lead and above level, what kind of team structure here

no wonder govtech need to cut SI, IPB because all indeed are overpaid and budget go there

it begs the question why the people who make this decision, including those allowing this to happen, are still around and wrecking havoc of the company. surely the same people with the same mindset wont make the same judgement error (if they consider so) only once.

Unregistered 14-04-2024 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275115)
I know many new joiners are at the lower band so they definitely get more.
But since all ppl of same salary grade are ranked together, I think the new approach is fairer. Same salary grade should be paid same if their performance is the same.

What this also mean we can now openly share our bonus.

Since all will receive the bonus amount the same for same grade.

Example in whole of govtech, Grade G for C gets $30k, everyone who are in this group gets the same

Grade G for C+ gets $35k

Etc

Essentially its fairer but if I , grade G,perf C am drawing $10k per month, its probably only 3 months

Whereas if another person, am grade G, perf C drawing $5k per month, it's a whooping 6 months!

Huat ka liao ah!

Unregistered 14-04-2024 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275103)
If I complete my project for agency early with high quality, why can’t I venture into other areas or come out with my own initiative for better public good, be it in the interest of better GovTech, GDS or ACE? We should encourage ppl to go far and beyond.

Thats if u complete your project early with high quality

But in reality, is it really the case? We, services when work with HQ, be it GDS or whoever, can be real slow and vomit blood

At the same time, u cant treat this folks like vendor. Theres no penalty if your own ppl screw up. Throw face le, we all govtechies. We Can only like, "pls help la, when la, urgent la "

Unregistered 14-04-2024 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275108)
If an agency outsources to SI/vendor, it is charged for work done, whereas GovTech charges the agency a fixed amount per month per headcount depending on their salary grade, and this amount is obviously derived through expected hours of work. You can ask your delivery manager for more details. If your project runs on agile, then there is always work to do. Some people purposely take the easy story and then slowly do, while working on other initiatives. End up the rest of the team have to tank more work per sprint.

Exactly. Then will be like, oh I done my job. Now I go do other more shiny stuff so I can put myself out there.

But actually the work ain't that great. If u really want to do above and beyond, maybe should really see if the project still has any outstanding work. Raise your hands and do it.

Not like, eh I done my part. Sorry bye bye about the rest of the team. Ping me when u need me, otherwise I afh already

Unregistered 14-04-2024 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275137)

Example in whole of govtech, Grade G for C gets $30k, everyone who are in this group gets the same

Grade G for C+ gets $35k

Etc

Essentially its fairer but if I , grade G,perf C am drawing $10k per month, its probably only 3 months

Whereas if another person, am grade G, perf C drawing $5k per month, it's a whooping 6 months!

Huat ka liao ah!

my second guess the same amount would be median salary of the band? if grade G range 6-9k, may be 7.5k?

Unregistered 14-04-2024 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275140)
my second guess the same amount would be median salary of the band? if grade G range 6-9k, may be 7.5k?

Yea, we are told that it will use the mid point of the salary grade, but was not told what’s the mid point…

Unregistered 14-04-2024 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275138)

But in reality, is it really the case? We, services when work with HQ, be it GDS or whoever, can be real slow and vomit blood

At the same time, u cant treat this folks like vendor. Theres no penalty if your own ppl screw up. Throw face le, we all govtechies. We Can only like, "pls help la, when la, urgent la "

Can u name the project that that gives you this pain?

Unregistered 14-04-2024 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275150)
Can u name the project that that gives you this pain?

almost all. no sense of schedule. parachute solutions and force agemcies to suck it up. charge big bucks for something that COTS also can do. siao

Unregistered 14-04-2024 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275138)

most of the time, agencies neh-ber say they have problems. gds ji ki find problems to solve. push to agencies, cause ****

Unregistered 14-04-2024 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275166)
most of the time, agencies neh-ber say they have problems. gds ji ki find problems to solve. push to agencies, cause ****

Give an example?

Unregistered 14-04-2024 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275165)
almost all. no sense of schedule. parachute solutions and force agemcies to suck it up. charge big bucks for something that COTS also can do. siao

What parachuted solutions?

Unregistered 14-04-2024 11:00 PM

dont have to look far. Just look at some common tools such as Vica.

I dont want go into details, for what we bash own ppl out in the open

Its just a reality no one dare to confront

Like I said, after all still govtech. We cant treat them like a vendor. We can't penalise them. Agencies turn to us then we can only hold them that much. Then escalate.

Unregistered 14-04-2024 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275166)

Some director very what one. Example got some AI solution.

Then go find agencies snr mgmt, say eh I got this le. Successful implementation in other agency. U want bo? Very fast we can do it

Then it comes

Unregistered 14-04-2024 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275173)
Some director very what one. Example got some AI solution.

Then go find agencies snr mgmt, say eh I got this le. Successful implementation in other agency. U want bo? Very fast we can do it

Then it comes

If it’s a good solution, why not?

Unregistered 14-04-2024 11:52 PM

don't air dirty laundry in public liao people...

Unregistered 15-04-2024 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275172)
dont have to look far. Just look at some common tools such as Vica.

I dont want go into details, for what we bash own ppl out in the open

Its just a reality no one dare to confront

Like I said, after all still govtech. We cant treat them like a vendor. We can't penalise them. Agencies turn to us then we can only hold them that much. Then escalate.

Which systems use VICA? each govt website has a chatbot, is that built using VICA?

Unregistered 15-04-2024 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275177)
don't air dirty laundry in public liao people...

Sorry folks. Got riled up middle of the night.

Some ppl are just ignorant, riding their high horses thinking what they are doing are so essential and important

Just because no one say to their face doesn't mean its not there

Unregistered 17-04-2024 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275074)
I can only find out this coming wed.

Not in months of salary then is how ah. For us, we will still "convert" into months because thats the most easiest to understand. 1,2,3 months bonus

can share what are the changes? good or bad?

Unregistered 17-04-2024 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275397)
can share what are the changes? good or bad?

most already attended, IYKUK...

likely more comments nearer to end of apr :P

Unregistered 17-04-2024 09:39 PM

what is the % allocated for C, C+, B and A?

Unregistered 17-04-2024 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275402)

Normal distribution.

Unregistered 17-04-2024 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275402)

This kind of info HR and Senior Management won't disclose one. I guess it is around 5% D, 20% C, 50% C+, 20% B and 5% A.

Unregistered 17-04-2024 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275414)
This kind of info HR and Senior Management won't disclose one. I guess it is around 5% D, 20% C, 50% C+, 20% B and 5% A.

So 3900 GovTechie means got 195 D, 780 C, 1950 C+, 780 B and 195 A. 195 D kena PIP?

Unregistered 17-04-2024 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275415)
So 3900 GovTechie means got 195 D, 780 C, 1950 C+, 780 B and 195 A. 195 D kena PIP?

lol if really so many get C+, I will LMPO

Unregistered 18-04-2024 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275400)
most already attended, IYKUK...

likely more comments nearer to end of apr :P

Yup, will share more end of the month.

Now still early. Hold on

Unregistered 18-04-2024 02:34 PM

Some as CPFB bonus scheme.

Unregistered 18-04-2024 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275481)

Cpfb also follow the same method?

Bonus is same quantum if u are same grade , same perf rating

Unregistered 18-04-2024 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275481)

how they derive the amount? median of the band?

Unregistered 18-04-2024 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275137)

Grade G for C+ gets $35k

Etc

Huat ka liao ah!

HR claimed it is FAIR

Unregistered 18-04-2024 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275490)
how they derive the amount? median of the band?

Median of the salary range of that grade? I think

Unregistered 18-04-2024 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 275486)
Cpfb also follow the same method?

Bonus is same quantum if u are same grade , same perf rating

r/askSingapore
2 yr. ago
JoshRagu

What is the most egregious expenditure management made in your company which does nothing to boost staff welfare?

Tldr; company rented a new office floor with a swimming pool but cut down on the number of office floors which contain actual work cubicles (so people have to hot-desk). Company can afford to pay for maintenance of swimming pool but refuses to increase employee compensation to market rates.

Heard this from a friend who works for a prominent social security Statutory Board,

Statutory Board's management decided to rent a new office floor which includes an outdoor swimming pool and patio area, claiming that this is to be used as an innovation space and will improve staff welfare. Swimming pool would be a white elephant since who in their right minds would be swimming there in full view of their colleagues and bosses.

Best part is the Statutory Board has been returning other office floors, containing proper work cubicles, in the building as it decided to downsize office capacity and force employees to hot-desk. Higher ups have also been reducing salary increments and bonuses to below market rates (despite saying that compensation remains competitive) to the extent that attrition rate is sky high. Bosses refuse to raise pay to retain high performing staff and instead gaslight staff with financial engineering shenanigans to make pay higher on paper, the usual 13th month bonus was split over 12 months and allocated into the monthly salary, because this would increase the monthly pay to look more attractive. However, bonus paid out in terms of xx months of monthly pay is based on original base pay. All this does is to help the Statutory Board to pay less employer contributions to employees, ironically the Statutory Board's main business is to enhance retirement security.

s://.reddit.com/r/askSingapore/comments/tbqyef/what_is_the_most_egregious_expenditure_management/