Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSO (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8842-defence-science-organisation-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

pandemonium 03-10-2021 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _bluehavens (Post 185058)
Anyone knows what's the difference between DSO and DSTA? How to choose between the two?

If you are from DSO, do you really not know the difference between the two?

https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs...tml#post185061

_bluehavens 03-10-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandemonium (Post 185064)
If you are from DSO, do you really not know the difference between the two?

https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs...tml#post185061

I actually do know the difference, but was hoping someone with more experience with the two to explain further...

Is DSTA really the kind of office job full of paperwork and meetings? I thought it would be business trips, travelling to see the tech demonstrations.. or is it just the DSTA advertising or my wishful thinking?

Unregistered 29-04-2022 11:36 PM

joining their digital division soon. anyone can shed some light on their culture there?

Unregistered 30-04-2022 11:49 PM

Is there any difference between DSTA and DSO salaries?

Unregistered 17-01-2024 01:17 PM

What's the salary now for DSO fresh grad?

unknown user 27-01-2024 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _bluehavens (Post 185095)
I actually do know the difference, but was hoping someone with more experience with the two to explain further...

Is DSTA really the kind of office job full of paperwork and meetings? I thought it would be business trips, travelling to see the tech demonstrations.. or is it just the DSTA advertising or my wishful thinking?

DSTA has different types of engineering roles.
There are those which deal with IT systems and those which deal with platform systems. these can have different job scopes so it depends on what kind of role you are looking at.

Sure, there are business trips, seeing tech demo, but its maybe less than 10% of the time.

Unregistered 27-01-2024 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _bluehavens (Post 185058)
Anyone knows what's the difference between DSO and DSTA? How to choose between the two?

To understand this you need to include SAF and ST Engineering as well.

SAF is the one that lay down requirements. Maybe they say a shiny new toy other people have, and want it. Some scholar in there will write a justification paper.

DSTA is there because SAF pilots want to get their flying allowance and not waste time doing paperwork doing tenders and dealing with the cons. DSTA are the ones who deal with the main con.

ST Engineering is the grunt doing the low level engineering jobs. Anything more complex that following a instruction manual will be a challenge. Think job tasks such as calibration, component replacement for wear and tear, DSTA will sometimes work with main con to delegate some brainless tasks to them.

DSO is there to do the R+D which ST Engineering can't do. Usually they also partner up with other foreign partners as there is just no space in Singapore where you can test the big ones. But don't think they can do fantastic R+D like the Chinese 30 year jet engine development program to match the russia/US or the DF-ZF hypersonic glide vehicle. Just some low hanging fruit here and there.

Sometimes DSTA will also do some R+D, Even ST Engineering, but don't expect it to last long as it is to structually built to sustain such activities.

haiz2006 16-02-2024 06:57 PM

How much for corporate division senior manager ?

Anyone know how much for corporate services DSO senior manager with >10 years exp?

Unregistered 13-03-2024 05:51 PM

DSO lowest rank

Hi like to check wats the lowest dso rank? And if fresh grad without deg qualified?

Unregistered 14-03-2024 03:53 PM

Waiting for a long time after application

Hi, anyone applied from DSO and heard back from them yet?

I applied around early-Feb and sent them the application form & CV etc., haven't heard back ever since.

But they're still reposting the job listings on LinkedIn?? A bit confused, do they wait until the closing of the application period before shortlisting? Or have I been rejected already?

Unregistered 08-04-2024 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270697)
Hi, anyone applied from DSO and heard back from them yet?

I applied around early-Feb and sent them the application form & CV etc., haven't heard back ever since.

But they're still reposting the job listings on LinkedIn?? A bit confused, do they wait until the closing of the application period before shortlisting? Or have I been rejected already?

If never contact you, likely rejected le.

Unregistered 09-04-2024 09:48 PM

Salary range

Likely wat is the range for diploma holder?