Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ITE (lecturer) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/4962-institute-technical-education-lecturer.html)

myhealthychoice 12-03-2021 05:52 AM

Nice. Inspirational and motivational to hear.

Unregistered 12-03-2021 03:32 PM

Very heartwarming to hear! Thanks for making a difference!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158809)
If you have 8am class definitely must be in classroom before 8am right?
Working in ITE is meaningful. Once in a while i do get students who texted me and tell me their progress in poly, ns or work.
Once a couple of them even wrote a letter using pencil to say how much i was like their father. I think that is the motivation for all teachers rather than the salary. And remember, students are in ITE for 2 years, so no matter how bad they are, they don't learnt that in ITE, they got it from secondary school or poly. And if we manage to groom or inspire some, i think that calls for a celebration.

Unregistered 15-03-2021 11:37 AM

Online application Status update

Hi,
How long does it take for the application “in process” status to be updated to “shortlisted” or “unsuccessful”? The wait is sooooo long. Does in process mean my Resume was already downloaded by ITE?

Unregistered 16-03-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159214)
Hi,
How long does it take for the application “in process” status to be updated to “shortlisted” or “unsuccessful”? The wait is sooooo long. Does in process mean my Resume was already downloaded by ITE?

i'm waiting too.

Application: 8 Feb

Unregistered 16-03-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158258)
True. Quite surprise that lecturers have to do industrial projects - as in hands on. Given this, I wonder whether they have enough time or not, students already taken up so much of their time. How many percent of their time is dedicated to projects?

once you're in (hired) you will know. let's just say projects is an important departmental KPI. But you will somehow learn to balance and cope with it. Don't worry, and don't let that stop you from entering the teaching profession (or ITE).

Unregistered 16-03-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhealthychoice (Post 158578)
Heard the working hour starts from 8am daily?

Yes, 8am to 530pm Mon to Thurs, Fridays 8-5pm.
That's the official hours.

Unregistered 16-03-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158809)
If you have 8am class definitely must be in classroom before 8am right?
Working in ITE is meaningful. Once in a while i do get students who texted me and tell me their progress in poly, ns or work.
Once a couple of them even wrote a letter using pencil to say how much i was like their father. I think that is the motivation for all teachers rather than the salary. And remember, students are in ITE for 2 years, so no matter how bad they are, they don't learnt that in ITE, they got it from secondary school or poly. And if we manage to groom or inspire some, i think that calls for a celebration.

true true, well said. They do remember, not all, but a good many. At the very least they will say hi, how are you, remember me? (something to that effect). As I mentioned earlier, if one likes working and guiding young people, ITE / Poly is not bad.

Unregistered 17-03-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 159427)
i'm waiting too.

Application: 8 Feb

What is the status of your application: Submitted / In Process?

Unregistered 17-03-2021 05:05 PM

Hi, my current status is "In Process" even before the application closed.

Unregistered 17-03-2021 05:11 PM

good luck everyone