Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ITE (lecturer) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/4962-institute-technical-education-lecturer.html)

Unregistered 09-03-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155757)
Why do you all want to waste time teaching society's failures?

If no one wants to teach "society's failures" , then how will the general populace improve over the coming generations? There is nothing wrong in wanting to help those who are less fortunate. You would do well to remember that.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msruru (Post 145281)
I was looking at SGD4700 to SGD5000 but im not sure if it's reasonable :o

depends on qualification and experience in the industry. but thats a reasonable figure.

Unregistered 09-03-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145332)
For perspective applicants, do note that ITE is looking out for local graduates NUS, NTU..

that's "prospective" , not perspective. English. English!!!

Unregistered 09-03-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158247)
depend on field

in house project drive by management
project driven by industrial collaboration departments (for eg tech development)
or industrial projects. which can be cross departments ie multidisciplinary

dont listen to some of the bad mouthers here. it's a decent job and nice environment and u get to help students

True. Quite surprise that lecturers have to do industrial projects - as in hands on. Given this, I wonder whether they have enough time or not, students already taken up so much of their time. How many percent of their time is dedicated to projects?

Unregistered 09-03-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158254)
that's "prospective" , not perspective. English. English!!!

sometimes phone autocorrect . trying to correct ones english on a forum like this is 🤣

Unregistered 10-03-2021 01:30 AM

Have applied to be a lecturer, status on portal was updated as "In Process" a few days after application in Feb, which is before the application was closed (i.e. 8 March).

Anyone able to advise on how long would the average processing time be?

Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 10-03-2021 05:33 PM

same here until now same status, I wonder if should email the school. Which campus and department did you apply for?

They extended the application period for another month

QUOTE=Unregistered;158380]Have applied to be a lecturer, status on portal was updated as "In Process" a few days after application in Feb, which is before the application was closed (i.e. 8 March).

Anyone able to advise on how long would the average processing time be?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

myhealthychoice 11-03-2021 06:22 AM

Heard the working hour starts from 8am daily?

Unregistered 12-03-2021 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhealthychoice (Post 158578)
Heard the working hour starts from 8am daily?

If you have 8am class definitely must be in classroom before 8am right?
Working in ITE is meaningful. Once in a while i do get students who texted me and tell me their progress in poly, ns or work.
Once a couple of them even wrote a letter using pencil to say how much i was like their father. I think that is the motivation for all teachers rather than the salary. And remember, students are in ITE for 2 years, so no matter how bad they are, they don't learnt that in ITE, they got it from secondary school or poly. And if we manage to groom or inspire some, i think that calls for a celebration.

Unregistered 12-03-2021 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158809)
If you have 8am class definitely must be in classroom before 8am right?
Working in ITE is meaningful. Once in a while i do get students who texted me and tell me their progress in poly, ns or work.
Once a couple of them even wrote a letter using pencil to say how much i was like their father. I think that is the motivation for all teachers rather than the salary. And remember, students are in ITE for 2 years, so no matter how bad they are, they don't learnt that in ITE, they got it from secondary school or poly. And if we manage to groom or inspire some, i think that calls for a celebration.

Sorry, meant to say pri sch. Wonder why autocorrect to poly.