Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ITE (lecturer) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/4962-institute-technical-education-lecturer.html)

Javin 28-01-2015 10:56 PM

ITE (lecturer)

Hi guys!

Would like to check if what's the average promotion period for ITE staff? And also if you guys have any additional information. Don't mind just share here. E.g. Salary range / work experience / other working committees / projects / working environment.

Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 29-01-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javin (Post 62021)
Hi guys!

Would like to check if what's the average promotion period for ITE staff? And also if you guys have any additional information. Don't mind just share here. E.g. Salary range / work experience / other working committees / projects / working environment.

Thanks in advance!

Lecturer usually pay 7-9k, after 7-8 years of working most will promote to Senior Lecturer pay range 9-12k

Javin 29-01-2015 12:47 PM

Hi, thanks for the advice. However, may i know what's the entry pay for grads with 2-3 yrs of working experience? Or rather how much can they ask for?

Cheers :)

Unregistered 29-01-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62037)
Lecturer usually pay 7-9k, after 7-8 years of working most will promote to Senior Lecturer pay range 9-12k

Wow, that's quite alot. Is this accurate? Seems to be more than poly lecturers lol. What are the lecturers' qualifications? Phds? Or just bachelor's? Because if my uni lecturers know this they will probably all run to ITEs.

Unregistered 30-01-2015 09:56 AM

Most of the ITE lecturers are private degree types like SIM, MDIS, RMIT, Monash, Curtin etc. Some of them have a few technical certs issued by trade bodies usually related to blue collar jobs. Those with local deg will choose to lecture in poly instead.

ITE lecturer is just a fancy name for teacher. In fact if you look at the academic qualification of the ITE lecturers, most are below even MOE secondary school teachers.

I really doubt any of these so called lecturers are making more than 6k. The younger ones maybe 3-4k the well experienced senior kind with >10 years exp maybe 4-5k.

Unregistered 30-01-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62076)
Most of the ITE lecturers are private degree types like SIM, MDIS, RMIT, Monash, Curtin etc. Some of them have a few technical certs issued by trade bodies usually related to blue collar jobs. Those with local deg will choose to lecture in poly instead.

ITE lecturer is just a fancy name for teacher. In fact if you look at the academic qualification of the ITE lecturers, most are below even MOE secondary school teachers.

I really doubt any of these so called lecturers are making more than 6k. The younger ones maybe 3-4k the well experienced senior kind with >10 years exp maybe 4-5k.

hello scumbag... look down on ite lecturer for what. just because ppl not good at exam kana condem har. ite has many highly successful top execs from fortune 500 co who teach for passion or do partime as sideline ok.

Unregistered 02-12-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Get your facts right before blasting nonsensical stuff in here... every single quote by you is wrong... So obviously you dont know so STFU...

Unregistered 02-12-2015 01:08 PM

i know of many ite lecturers that are fch from local unis and even some well known foreign unis. many are also snr mgt in pte sector that are serving as part time lecturing. obviously some are just posting condescending nonsense to put down others.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 05:02 AM

Ite

ITE lecturer here. First of all: yes, we are teachers with a fancy job title. But we are way above MOE teachers as we prepare the students to be ready for the industry, which in turn will help them to earn a living. Coming to teach in ITE is a calling and you must be patient with the students. Having said that, the salary is not too shabby and the welfare/work-life balance cannot be found elsewhere.

For those in the lowest salary scale (for diploma holders with at least 3 years of full time working experience), salary ranges between 2700 to 2900. I fall under this category as my degree is from a private university, so I was employed based on my diploma. The cap for those in this scale is around 4300. But diploma holders with degrees from private unis can be emplaced to the degree holder salary scale. ITE does not hire fresh graduates (with diplomas and degrees), with the exception of the PE and Lifeskill department.

Degree holders with industry experience (at least 3 years full time), ITE will normally match or pay more than your current salary. Based on that, they will then place you in the appropriate salary scale.

There are 4 bonuses: mid year, end of year, 13th month (calendar year) and performance (financial year). No point competing with your colleagues for the performance bonus as the grades are given on a take-turn basis since everyone is doing the same job.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 07:26 AM

Thanks! So is it true that after 7 - 8 years, one can expect to be senior lecturer and a pay of $9-12k?

If so, then annual income can $150k - $180k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77872)
ITE lecturer here. First of all: yes, we are teachers with a fancy job title. But we are way above MOE teachers as we prepare the students to be ready for the industry, which in turn will help them to earn a living. Coming to teach in ITE is a calling and you must be patient with the students. Having said that, the salary is not too shabby and the welfare/work-life balance cannot be found elsewhere.

For those in the lowest salary scale (for diploma holders with at least 3 years of full time working experience), salary ranges between 2700 to 2900. I fall under this category as my degree is from a private university, so I was employed based on my diploma. The cap for those in this scale is around 4300. But diploma holders with degrees from private unis can be emplaced to the degree holder salary scale. ITE does not hire fresh graduates (with diplomas and degrees), with the exception of the PE and Lifeskill department.

Degree holders with industry experience (at least 3 years full time), ITE will normally match or pay more than your current salary. Based on that, they will then place you in the appropriate salary scale.

There are 4 bonuses: mid year, end of year, 13th month (calendar year) and performance (financial year). No point competing with your colleagues for the performance bonus as the grades are given on a take-turn basis since everyone is doing the same job.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

ITE lecturer here. First of all: yes, we are teachers with a fancy job title. But we are way above MOE teachers as we prepare the students to be ready for the industry, which in turn will help them to earn a living.

That's quite a shameless plug. I haven't even heard a poly or uni lecturer who dares to claim that he/she is way above MOE teacher...

Unregistered 11-01-2016 04:07 PM

I thought only banking wannabe like to talk big here, seems like even ITE lecturers are not short of cannon fairies online.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77873)
Thanks! So is it true that after 7 - 8 years, one can expect to be senior lecturer and a pay of $9-12k?

Not sure about that one. My section head (aka HOD) brings back less than 7K whereas my colleague got her senior lecturer post only after working for 31 years. It is highly subjective and most staff will retire as just lecturers.

If you really want to earn a five figure sum, go for course manager or director positions in ITE, or teach at a polytechnic.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 09:17 PM

i think $180-$200k inclusive bonus is possible, but u will need to be very experience. 7-8 yrs quite hard, maybe 10-12 yrs if good performance.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 11:01 PM

10 to 12 years (35 - 40yo) to hit $200k pa in salary very respectable already. Think beat many graduates in pte sectors.

So for a lecturer couple, they will be in high income household bracket with $400k pa household income.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77902)
i think $180-$200k inclusive bonus is possible, but u will need to be very experience. 7-8 yrs quite hard, maybe 10-12 yrs if good performance.

Unregistered 12-01-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77911)
10 to 12 years (35 - 40yo) to hit $200k pa in salary very respectable already. Think beat many graduates in pte sectors.

So for a lecturer couple, they will be in high income household bracket with $400k pa household income.

pte sector depend on industry. for low paying like retail, manufacturing, construction etc. $200k is consider above average. but for others like fmcg, banking, pharma etc. is very normal average for deg grad in mid 30s.

Unregistered 12-01-2016 01:48 PM

For lecturing roles in ite 200k is close to ceiling already. To advance more will need to take up management level positions that are very stressful, need to meet many kpi and take part in big projects.

Slaughter 13-01-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77878)
That's quite a shameless plug. I haven't even heard a poly or uni lecturer who dares to claim that he/she is way above MOE teacher...

It's still a job. What's so shameless

Unregistered 13-01-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77945)
For lecturing roles in ite 200k is close to ceiling already. To advance more will need to take up management level positions that are very stressful, need to meet many kpi and take part in big projects.

Thanks for the advise. How to go about and roughly how long to promote to management level? For a non scholar what is the max job level and pay ceiling that we can get? Possible to reach 400k?

Unregistered 13-01-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

bollocks.

many are local uni grads, including scholars too.

stop sprouting untruths here.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62037)

pay scheme is the same as poly lecturers.

6-7k range is senior lecturer's pay grade.

if u are looking at 9-12k pay range, is likely senior manager, deputy director and even director's pay grade.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77996)
Thanks for the advise. How to go about and roughly how long to promote to management level? For a non scholar what is the max job level and pay ceiling that we can get? Possible to reach 400k?

different 'track' scheme.

there's 'teaching track', 'technical track' and 'management track'.

depends on which track one feels one is more suited for.

if you are looking at '400k', i heard that the banking and finance sector is paying well.

doubt ITE can match ur '400k' aspirations, unless u're on superscale, which brings us all to another different playing field.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77873)

u have high hopes and aspirations. good for you.

y not u furnish us with ur industry experience, skill-set and qualifications? have to see if the school is hiring someone from your industry.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 10:27 PM

Some of those looking to join ITE got to have realistic expectations. ITE pays quite well, probably higher than most private companies. But expecting to make big money like 400k is too high and not realistic.

If you are good 200k+ including bonus is possible with enough experience, but to expect anything more than that for 10 years exp better off working in banking or sales type job.

Unregistered 27-01-2016 10:53 PM

enquiry for 2nd interview

Hi all,

I have undergone an 1st interview with ITE east mainly the directors, managers and section heads.. received another call from HR to go for interview next eek. Just wondering if anyone can share what kinda of interview question they will ask and discuss? They told me to bring my original certs. I am asking for 10% increment, which will be ard 5.3k. It is reasonable?
Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 27-01-2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78869)
Hi all,

I have undergone an 1st interview with ITE east mainly the directors, managers and section heads.. received another call from HR to go for interview next eek. Just wondering if anyone can share what kinda of interview question they will ask and discuss? They told me to bring my original certs. I am asking for 10% increment, which will be ard 5.3k. It is reasonable?
Thanks in advance!

If relevant exp 3-4 years its ok, if more than that they will likely offer higher.

Unregistered 28-01-2016 08:52 AM

ite teaching

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78871)
If relevant exp 3-4 years its ok, if more than that they will likely offer higher.

Yup i have around 9years of experience.

Unregistered 28-01-2016 10:35 AM

Many xmm girls available in ITE. Remember to wipe your mouth and keep it casual.

Unregistered 28-01-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78876)
Yup i have around 9years of experience.

9 years exp should apply as senior lecturer at 9-10k already. is your 9 years relevant experience?

Unregistered 28-01-2016 10:49 PM

ite teaching

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78886)
9 years exp should apply as senior lecturer at 9-10k already. is your 9 years relevant experience?

Yup. But i do not have teaching experience.. and in my field, 9-10k is double of wat i am getting now.

Unregistered 29-01-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78905)
Yup. But i do not have teaching experience.. and in my field, 9-10k is double of wat i am getting now.

too many airy-fairy replies here.

furnish us with some details.

which industry?
education level?
university?
which school you applying to?
which college?

Unregistered 18-02-2016 09:01 AM

Can I check with current ITE lecturer, are you able to moonlight?
For e.g. Full Time Lecturer but maybe teach at night in either ITE itself or night teaching somewhere else.
TIA.

Unregistered 18-02-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80002)
Can I check with current ITE lecturer, are you able to moonlight?
For e.g. Full Time Lecturer but maybe teach at night in either ITE itself or night teaching somewhere else.
TIA.

seems like ITE pay already so high compared to the average still got people want to moonlight?

Unregistered 20-02-2016 09:17 PM

Money nobody will think too much. If there is spare time, wby not use it to earn extra rather than sitting at home rot?

Unregistered 20-02-2016 09:29 PM

senior lecturer there almost equal to mx10 in cs...

Unregistered 01-03-2016 11:43 PM

ite bonus

Quote:

Hi,

Can i check if anyone knows what is the average performance bonus for ITE staff and is that true that they get 4 bonuses?

Thanks alot.

Unregistered 02-03-2016 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80684)
Hi,

Can i check if anyone knows what is the average performance bonus for ITE staff and is that true that they get 4 bonuses?

Thanks alot.

Depends on what is mean average performance. In a normal year C grade is 4-4.5x; C+ grade is 4.5-5x

Unregistered 02-03-2016 06:04 AM

ite

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80685)
Depends on what is mean average performance. In a normal year C grade is 4-4.5x; C+ grade is 4.5-5x

Does 4-4.5* means example 4*base? So this amount is the total bonus for performance bonus and AWS?

Thanks

Unregistered 02-03-2016 01:48 PM

To be ITE Lecturer

If I have got around 5yrs of experience in HR in Pte Sector and no experience in Teaching, what is the chance of getting into being a ITE Lecturer?

Unregistered 02-03-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80703)
If I have got around 5yrs of experience in HR in Pte Sector and no experience in Teaching, what is the chance of getting into being a ITE Lecturer?

should be ok. there are a lot of jr ppl in pte sector with few years exp teaching in ite.