Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 02-08-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 253228)
Now a lot want to join back ste from what I heard. Their pay now I think finally matches market rate

The challenge is not at this point, is whether they can keep up with the increments to match market rates in time to time.

Unregistered 02-08-2023 12:43 PM

Is this revamp pay to ST Elec only or to all LOBs?

Unregistered 02-08-2023 05:26 PM

Don't spread fake news la.
Its based on project one. Some project is signed. And on going for the next 10 years. Those getting the perm treatment cause HR under pressure to fill up those position for contractual obligation.

Almost anyone who showed up for interview got it. My boss didn't even look at anything just want a feel of the personality of the guy whether can manage him or not.

Those hired as pet for seniors. Like their secretary do their work for them. No real project kind...
Those are outsource meant to be short term.

That's how it works. Always.

Unregistered 02-08-2023 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 253228)
Now a lot want to join back ste from what I heard. Their pay now I think finally matches market rate

i keep in close contact with my ex colleagues and they are still looking to leave LOL

mainly because even with the revision, there is still a huge disparity of pay and workload between other teams

only the lazy one choosing to stay and produce minimal results

Unregistered 02-08-2023 08:53 PM

What to do if Colleagues are stinking up office ?

Probably gonna get bashed up due to this post. But I seriously wonder how do some like to spray perfume and flood the whole office with their “stench”. Is there some policy in place to ensure work place safety?

Unregistered 04-08-2023 09:17 AM

When will the revamp salary be introduced

Unregistered 04-08-2023 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253242)
i keep in close contact with my ex colleagues and they are still looking to leave LOL

mainly because even with the revision, there is still a huge disparity of pay and workload between other teams

only the lazy one choosing to stay and produce minimal results

I think this salary adjustment may still not appease everyone until it is v significant. You can have engineers working there for 4-6 years earning just slighty more than the fresh grads.

Unregistered 04-08-2023 12:30 PM

Scary stuff

Very political one working here. Got a PhD super smart. No wait. He thinks he is super smart and everyone else around him is stupid. To the point that meeting he has repeat his point multiple times like we are dumb children.

Anyway Covid-19, he got laid off from his division but they tried to make it like he was transferred to another division. He was laid off then offered a position in another division.

From day one he joined the existing division manwhement already play politics on him.
Purposely suppress his hiring abilities. Restrict his access to this and that.

Then when he said he need to form a team etc the admin purposely delay finding people with the excuse that there is no candidate. Until eventually HR just give him some random candidates who failed interview, those second interview candidates with no relevant background.

Long story short, they joined. Treated as outside and not part of the fivision.
Admin keep reminding us that he and his team is not part of our division.
Its BU level whatever that means.

Anyway his team all resigned. Today he is alone.
So sad right. But nope. This is how the organisation here worked.

On BTW he is AVP title. And the VP and SVP title here all worked like 30 years in this division.
And he come in newbie one year wanna disrupt everything.

Kena played politics also didn't know.

Anyway that guy is not good also, just always hold meeting.
And talk down on people. Or sarcastic remarks on other colleagues. To the point that ppl actively avoid him.

He even threatened to pull someone from their team into his because he like to...
Everyone avoiding him like a plague.

This is what happens when you have high qualification. Zero EQ. And zero allies.
Now it's just a waiting game for his to resign or quit willingly.

Because this is how politics are played in this company.
People in power keep getting promoted to get more power.
So they see anyone a threat is efficiently dealt with.

Unregistered 11-08-2023 11:09 PM

Any idea what’s the entry grade for fresh diploma grad

Unregistered 12-08-2023 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253774)
Any idea what’s the entry grade for fresh diploma grad

Should be E4, Asst Engineer.