Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 21-07-2022 02:13 PM

Sucks to be you

Want to share my experience about promotion etc.
I joined in 2019 under 2 year outsource contract.
Then covid happened in 2020. Salary was freeze etc. Renewed in 2020 during the peak of covid.
Was unhappy cause another team member who have been with company since 2017 quit.

I have to do twice the work with same pay etc. No conversion. Management freeze hiring.
If was so bad.

But I endured. Thinking Covid-19 if I still have a job. Its a blessing.
Fast forward. 1 July 2022 I was converted to perm and promoted to senior engineer. The increment was alot. I asked the HR for break down etc. They did adjust my salary with the consideration
That my salary was freezed and on top or that a promotion.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
And the other colleague who quit in covid. Guess what? He joined another division.
Traitor.

And guess what he still project engineer title.
He messaged me out of the blue today trying to **** talk that why I get promoted etc.
He worked longer still E5.

I just told him "management see that I worked hard and value my loyalty so they promoted me to keep me lo. Not like you jump ship"

Now he regret that he quit. I told him no use one la. If you don't quit. I can't get promoted haha.
So it's a good thing you quit.

Anyway lesson is. Sometimes you might think quitting and joining another offer is a better approach but in the long run, management is human. Why would they promote someone who wants to quit?

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.
And oh I'm not the only one who promoted. Quite a number in my division was promoted from all ranks. E6, M1, M2, even one 20 plus year engineer finally promotef to senior principal engineer. Get his own office now.

Its all about timing. And opportunities.
My traitor ex colleague can enjoy being a low level project engineer in the other division. Since he just joined like 1 year less, his promotion also won't happen until 2 to 3 years later.

Maybe that time I might be promoted to M1.
I'm so happy hahaha. K***, if you are here lurking I hope you read this.. Hahaha

Unregistered 21-07-2022 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226036)
Then covid happened in 2020. Salary was freeze etc. Renewed in 2020 during the peak of covid.
Was unhappy cause another team member who have been with company since 2017 quit.

I have to do twice the work with same pay etc. No conversion. Management freeze hiring.
If was so bad.

Fast forward. 1 July 2022 I was converted to perm and promoted to senior engineer. The increment was alot. I asked the HR for break down etc. They did adjust my salary with the consideration

Ofc I'm damn happy!
And the other colleague who quit in covid. Guess what? He joined another division.
Traitor.

He messaged me out of the blue today trying to **** talk that why I get promoted etc.

I just told him "management see that I worked hard and value my loyalty so they promoted me to keep me lo. Not like you jump ship"

Now he regret that he quit. I told him no use one la. If you don't quit. I can't get promoted haha.

Anyway lesson is. Sometimes you might think quitting and joining another offer is a better approach but in the long run, management is human. Why would they promote someone who wants to quit?

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.
And oh I'm not the only one who promoted. Quite a number in my division was promoted from all ranks. E6, M1, M2, even one 20 plus year engineer finally promotef to senior principal engineer. Get his own office now.

My traitor ex colleague can enjoy being a low level project engineer in the other division. Since he just joined like 1 year less, his promotion also won't happen until 2 to 3 years later.

I'm so happy hahaha. K***, if you are here lurking I hope you read this.. Hahaha

Noob. for sure he will promote from E5 to E6 within 2-3 years times no matter what unless he cock up serious issues. By that time, I'm sure his salary will be higher than u. and I guess you are a very toxic person.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

If was so bad.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
Traitor.

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.

Dumbass. With a mentality like yours, you won't survive outside. And let's hope ST we'll never re-org.
You are lucky ST never Re-org before otherwise ... i wish you good luck.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 03:15 PM

Jump

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226037)
Noob. for sure he will promote from E5 to E6 within 2-3 years times no matter what unless he cock up serious issues. By that time, I'm sure his salary will be higher than u. and I guess you are a very toxic person.

I have a friend who worked under a team as project engineer even though he is like 40 plus.
He was known as the old folks. He everyday complain that he have to report to a senior engineer in his early 30s.

Now that he joined another division. 2 years have passed. He promoted to assistant principal engineer cause HR say why he 42 still a project engineer.

There are team / division who will actively stop your progress so they can level up themselves.
Its all about what value you can bring. If your team got so many 10 years plus, no chance. Better join anew clueless team and be laojiao there.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 03:22 PM

Promote me senpai

Does anyone know promotion is based on what?
Length of service in ST or years of working since graduation?

Cause I have graduated 5 years ago but this is my 3rd job. Still E5.
If I ask my boss to promote me to senior cause I'm already 5 years since graduated .

Is that okay, I'm only with this company for 8 months

Unregistered 21-07-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

If was so bad.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
Traitor.

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.

You are lucky to be converted. Some BUs profit margin is way more important than investing in staff.

Your "a lot" in increment is how much? 20%?

Unregistered 21-07-2022 03:59 PM

Lowballed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226044)
You are lucky to be converted. Some BUs profit margin is way more important than investing in staff.

Your "a lot" in increment is how much? 20%?

About 57%. For me it's 2k bump. For context when I join was only offered 3.6k now fresh grad getting 4.5k already.

Yes its alot but I was underpaid for 3 years with 1full year of frozen salary.
So don't give me the **** it's too much. I still lose out 3 years rxp compared to newly join fresh grad

Covid was cruel to me.
Now I can start to work hard and compete with fresh grad

Unregistered 21-07-2022 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226043)
Does anyone know promotion is based on what?
Length of service in ST or years of working since graduation?

Cause I have graduated 5 years ago but this is my 3rd job. Still E5.
If I ask my boss to promote me to senior cause I'm already 5 years since graduated .

Is that okay, I'm only with this company for 8 months

The answer for sure is No. you just work for 8 months only and yet u asking for a promotion. If next year you are still around might have a chance to get promoted.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

If was so bad.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
Traitor.

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.

you just got promoted to E6 senior engineer still 4k+? New hire E5 this year already 5k. new hire E6 is even higher. the colleague who quit and re-joined, his E5 salary is higher than your E6 salary. just remember promotion increment cannot win new hire rejoin increment.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

If was so bad.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
Traitor.

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.

Seriously you are damn toxic as a person to type this kind of thing.
Good luck to you.
You are not gonna make it.