Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 01-04-2022 10:22 PM

those with grade change is 15-20%, those without is 3-5%. grade change is much more flexible this year. IT is rumored to be at least 15% across the board, due to pressure from industry for any tech warm bodies that can work in Singapore. hope this helps those who hanged around till now. adios.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211695)
Show some respect. ITD is just a legacy name. We are more like data scientists in reality and we are in hot demand everywhere.

love your sarcasm!

Unregistered 01-04-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211717)
those with grade change is 15-20%, those without is 3-5%. grade change is much more flexible this year. IT is rumored to be at least 15% across the board, due to pressure from industry for any tech warm bodies that can work in Singapore. hope this helps those who hanged around till now. adios.

i never head of anyone not getting more than double digit increment.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 10:56 PM

Quote:

no grade change but got 15% increment. but this is based on the % calculation from workday which hasn't been verified yet

Unregistered 01-04-2022 11:02 PM

What's the increment % for those who got redesignated from AD1 to AD2?

Unregistered 01-04-2022 11:07 PM

This Susie from HR should resign! already leak, still can come up with cock and bull story to say it's not the final thing. Just trying to mislead people. Its the real thing just not in a proper letter format.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 07:13 AM

Where to view it on workday?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 08:52 AM

I only got 2% increment with 2 months bonus

Unregistered 02-04-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211731)
What's the increment % for those who got redesignated from AD1 to AD2?

10% from workday but I got another offer from local bank with 20% increment so most probably moving

Unregistered 02-04-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211774)
10% from workday but I got another offer from local bank with 20% increment so most probably moving

is the additional 10% worth? can revise the bank offer?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

the 15-20% is probably for those who is very unlikely to leave. MAS money is well spent and HR's metric can continue to show that the increment has effect on retention.

the 3-5% is for those that are likely to leave. this way, MAS money is not wasted on these people and HR's metric won't be skewed by these bad apples.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211784)
the 15-20% is probably for those who is very unlikely to leave. MAS money is well spent and HR's metric can continue to show that the increment has effect on retention.

the 3-5% is for those that are likely to leave. this way, MAS money is not wasted on these people and HR's metric won't be skewed by these bad apples.

nice try, susanna

Unregistered 02-04-2022 11:14 AM

How to calculate increment from workday

Unregistered 02-04-2022 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211797)
How to calculate increment from workday

bonus amt divide by % = new pay

Unregistered 02-04-2022 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211819)
bonus amt divide by % = new pay

This doesn't make sense. Isn't bonus amount based on salary before 1 apr increment?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 02:04 PM

What does the percentage on workday mean? Is this indicative of our performance grade?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211820)
This doesn't make sense. Isn't bonus amount based on salary before 1 apr increment?

Workday quirks. The new salary is already loaded somewhere into the backend of workday since its Apr 1.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211784)

and how would MAS know who are likely and unlikely to leave?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211820)

yes, indeed. this % figure from workday may have just been a supplementary field that was required to be filled (i.e. it is an accompanying/auto calculated figure that is displayed beside your bonus amount, rather than used to calculate your bonus). another way you can look at it is to take your bonus amount and calculate how many months. is it consistent with previous years? if so, then you'll realise that the % figure isn't aligned with your current salary (the amt is higher).

of course, everything is pure speculation. but based on anecdotal sharing online and offline, the calculation seems quite accurate.

anyway, let's see on april 7, don't fret over the weekend. ciao

Unregistered 02-04-2022 02:19 PM

Will MD ask for someone in HR to Harakiri for the leak?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 06:08 PM

So is the workday data accurate or not? HR Susan so confusing

Unregistered 02-04-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211877)
So is the workday data accurate or not? HR Susan so confusing

should be accurate. This Susan is just trying to throw a smoke bomb because of the leak. If you read her words its cleverly, crafted to say people should not rely on it cause its not the full set of info they will receive. She never explicitly say that its inaccurate but it's enough to makes people think that its inaccurate. if you filter away the smoke, the message is merely that full set of info is the letter which gives details on grade and increment breakdown which is not available. The leaked numbers should be accurate.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 09:20 PM

So Susan found out about the leak in workday that’s why she had to send the email?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211894)
should be accurate. This Susan is just trying to throw a smoke bomb because of the leak. If you read her words its cleverly, crafted to say people should not rely on it cause its not the full set of info they will receive. She never explicitly say that its inaccurate but it's enough to makes people think that its inaccurate. if you filter away the smoke, the message is merely that full set of info is the letter which gives details on grade and increment breakdown which is not available. The leaked numbers should be accurate.

the data has to be real. because if the data is fake, then it will be IT who sent the email to smoke bomb about data breach and not HR to smoke bomb about full details of appraisal.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 10:47 PM

It's somewhat accurate but not fully accurate.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 12:20 AM

currently interviewing for a role in MAS. If including aws, how many mths of bonus can be expected in a year usually?

Unregistered 03-04-2022 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211923)
currently interviewing for a role in MAS. If including aws, how many mths of bonus can be expected in a year usually?

There is no AWS in MAS.

There is only one yearly bonus (based on my unscientific estimation) of 1-2 months.

Yes, it is sad compared to other ministries and stat boards. Some other stat boards, not even the top tier ones, got 4.3 months total bonus (incl. AWS) this year.

MAS says that they give higher base pay, but you can do the math yourself to see if the total compensation measures up.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211954)
There is no AWS in MAS.

There is only one yearly bonus (based on my unscientific estimation) of 1-2 months.

Yes, it is sad compared to other ministries and stat boards. Some other stat boards, not even the top tier ones, got 4.3 months total bonus (incl. AWS) this year.

MAS says that they give higher base pay, but you can do the math yourself to see if the total compensation measures up.

if you look through the words that is used to talk about pay (all in, benchmark etc), it is essentially 12 months pay (the minimal expectation), plus 1 month of more or less guaranteed bonus (the AWS equivalent) and 0.5 to 1 months of performance bonus.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211954)
There is no AWS in MAS.

what about external fund management role in mas? their bonus also only 1 to 2 mth? I would expect the bonus to be more in line with private sector fund management roles

Unregistered 03-04-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211961)
what about external fund management role in mas? their bonus also only 1 to 2 mth? I would expect the bonus to be more in line with private sector fund management roles

Hello this is government and you are doing a public service.

Truth be told, if you are good enough; you would have gone private and considered mas

Unregistered 03-04-2022 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211965)
Hello this is government and you are doing a public service.

Truth be told, if you are good enough; you would have gone private and considered mas

I am already in private.. 1 yr exp averaging 6.5k/mth. Applied to MAS out of curiosity since keep hearing ppl say govt pay well and high bonus. Guess i shld cancel the interview

Unregistered 03-04-2022 12:47 PM

What is the pay range for AD1 and AD2? Is it that once your pay exceeds the AD1 pay range and crosses into the AD2 pay range, you will be automatically redesignated as AD2?

Unregistered 03-04-2022 04:51 PM

GovTech or MAS?

Unregistered 03-04-2022 05:00 PM

I've got 9 yrs of exp from pte sector (banking) and is planning to apply to MAS

I've come across a number of replies suggesting that there's a salary benchmark which govt jobs follow.

Is there a rough guide on how much salary can I expect?

Is it possible to be offered a DD role with 9 yrs exp?

Unregistered 03-04-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212040)
I've got 9 yrs of exp from pte sector (banking) and is planning to apply to MAS

I've come across a number of replies suggesting that there's a salary benchmark which govt jobs follow.

Is there a rough guide on how much salary can I expect?

Is it possible to be offered a DD role with 9 yrs exp?

If you have reached VP rank in the bank or senior manager in Big 4, DD is possible. Anything below will likely be only offered as AD since DD in MaS is pegged to VP level

Unregistered 03-04-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212063)
If you have reached VP rank in the bank or senior manager in Big 4, DD is possible. Anything below will likely be only offered as AD since DD in MaS is pegged to VP level

Thanks, that's good to hear! :)

Unregistered 04-04-2022 11:43 AM

What is the average bonus range in-terms of months compared to current pay? Much better than previous years?

Unregistered 04-04-2022 12:20 PM

Find it hard to believe MAS will suddenly dangle 15-20% increment to officers.

Yet, it seems required to retain officers. Everyone talking about FIs offering at least 20% increment to join even their ops role.

Unregistered 04-04-2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211774)

IMO this is not worth it. Bank hours are much longer (unless you are in one of the long hour MAS departments), and your per hour pay will be an effective decrease.

Unless, of course, there is opportunity to rise much further and faster than MAS.

Unregistered 04-04-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211957)
if you look through the words that is used to talk about pay (all in, benchmark etc), it is essentially 12 months pay (the minimal expectation), plus 1 month of more or less guaranteed bonus (the AWS equivalent) and 0.5 to 1 months of performance bonus.

Second that. Easy way to think about it. Even at peak of covid and negative gdp growth, at least close to 1 month pb for the very average officer.