Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 10-10-2022 10:39 AM

anyone went for TGP interview and got a reply from HR? How long did HR take to contact you after the interview?

Unregistered 11-10-2022 10:06 PM

Infocomm Infrastructure PC

Hi, is there anyone who have information on how the culture is like for this PC, and what can a swe expect to be doing in this PC (i.e., dev work or support work)? Would appreciate any answers!

Unregistered 22-10-2022 07:04 PM

Pay range

Hi,anyone can enlighten on the pay range for the various
engineering grades in DSTA? Thanks.

Unregistered 01-11-2022 05:36 PM

Anyone applied for TGP with data analytics as first choice? How long did it take for DSTA to reply to you?

Unregistered 23-11-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232369)
Hi, has anyone applied TGP and chose Building & Infra as their first choice? How long did it take for the HR to contact u and schedule for interview? Pls help this poor soul out. TIA :)

Two weeks to complete game based assessment and some essay. Then another 2 days to inform me on the interview. 2 weeks after the interview, got the offer.

Unregistered 26-11-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232474)
Hi, is there anyone who have information on how the culture is like for this PC, and what can a swe expect to be doing in this PC (i.e., dev work or support work)? Would appreciate any answers!

they do IT infra work like network, 5g, cloud. swe will go to C3D or Info. need to clear coding test.

Unregistered 28-11-2022 04:08 PM

Hi, does anyone has any connection with DSTA hr or working in DSTA in this forum? I need some guidance. I'm applying for an Engineer/QS position in Building & Infra. Any advice on how to get the HR attention? Tried emailing them twice and sent in my application. However no response and status on the portal is just "Application Submitted". Any advice to secure an interview with them?

Unregistered 06-12-2022 06:03 AM

What type of connection? The carry balls or carry eggs type?

Unregistered 07-12-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235972)
Hi, does anyone has any connection with DSTA hr or working in DSTA in this forum? I need some guidance. I'm applying for an Engineer/QS position in Building & Infra. Any advice on how to get the HR attention? Tried emailing them twice and sent in my application. However no response and status on the portal is just "Application Submitted". Any advice to secure an interview with them?

bro those that are lurking this forum are either jobless or wanting to enter public service, just like you. They will not be able to give you any useful connections or advice

Unregistered 04-01-2023 12:10 AM

Recently I received "Request for Info/Document" in the system for a DSTA job posting. Now the status has become "Additional Information Received" after i submitted the necessary info.

what are the odds of the HR selecting me for interview?

Unregistered 04-01-2023 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238120)
Recently I received "Request for Info/Document" in the system for a DSTA job posting. Now the status has become "Additional Information Received" after i submitted the necessary info.

what are the odds of the HR selecting me for interview?

gongxi gongxi. What job did you apply for ?

Unregistered 04-01-2023 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238123)
gongxi gongxi. What job did you apply for ?

Engineer (B&I). But not too sure whether will they call me up for interview. because for the past applications there’s no response… shall not expect much

Unregistered 17-01-2023 12:19 PM

Did anyone applied for SE/E for Building & Infra? How'd the interview went and what kind of questions were asked?

Usually how long will it take for HR to process and get you to sign the offer?

Unregistered 17-01-2023 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238846)
Did anyone applied for SE/E for Building & Infra? How'd the interview went and what kind of questions were asked?

Usually how long will it take for HR to process and get you to sign the offer?

Curious about this as well. Although not SW-related role.

Unregistered 19-01-2023 04:15 PM

Just curious, what’s the difference between an Engineer & Engineer @ Facility Management, both under Building & Infra. Because i saw 2 different job posting and their job scope are pretty similar. Any insiders care to share? Which is better in terms of workload and progression?

Unregistered 19-01-2023 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238961)
Just curious, what’s the difference between an Engineer & Engineer @ Facility Management, both under Building & Infra. Because i saw 2 different job posting and their job scope are pretty similar. Any insiders care to share? Which is better in terms of workload and progression?

can u read the previous pages before asking? u apply first then see if u shortlisted or not lah then u ask better. knn all not even shortlist ask this ask that as if u can to choose DSTA like that

Unregistered 20-01-2023 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238963)
can u read the previous pages before asking? u apply first then see if u shortlisted or not lah then u ask better. knn all not even shortlist ask this ask that as if u can to choose DSTA like that

erm actually i’m shortlisted for both. that’s why i’m asking.. lol. sorry if any of my words offended u :) happy CNY!

Unregistered 20-01-2023 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238998)
erm actually i’m shortlisted for both. that’s why i’m asking.. lol. sorry if any of my words offended u :) happy CNY!

do u honestly think u will receive useful feedback here? those that linger here are hopeless applicants. this question was asked so many times over the past few pages.

Unregistered 21-01-2023 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239000)
do u honestly think u will receive useful feedback here? those that linger here are hopeless applicants. this question was asked so many times over the past few pages.

Best way to get ahead of the pack and climb fast is to carry balls
carry eggs. The more u carry,the better it is.
Everything else is secondary.

Unregistered 24-01-2023 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239075)
Best way to get ahead of the pack and climb fast is to carry balls
carry eggs. The more u carry,the better it is.
Everything else is secondary.

Getting into the good books of bosses is human nature lah, happens everywhere. Actually, in this aspect, garment job is better than pte companies since the bosses, especially the high flying ones gets rotated across govt. So nothing is forever and always got chance to start afresh. Pte companies, if the bosses don't like u, gone case liao

Unregistered 26-01-2023 04:20 PM

Anyone went for interviews recently?

Unregistered 28-01-2023 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239297)
Anyone went for interviews recently?

Me. No news.

Unregistered 30-01-2023 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239402)
Me. No news.

Oh…may I know how long has it been since the interview?

Unregistered 31-01-2023 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239518)
Oh…may I know how long has it been since the interview?

About 2 weeks already.

Unregistered 03-02-2023 05:23 AM

Who decide to shortlist for interview

I'm just curious how does DSTA shortlist candidates for interviews?

Is HR the one who looks at resumes and shortlists for interviews?
Or HR sends the resume to the director, and the director decide whether to give you an interview?

Also, what are the chances of getting an offer after the interview?

Thank you in advance

Unregistered 07-02-2023 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239717)

Or HR sends the resume to the director, and the director decide whether to give you an interview?

Thank you in advance

If you have friends working inside, ask them to help send your resume straight to management. Heard it's much faster this way bypassing HR screening

Unregistered 10-02-2023 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239163)
Getting into the good books of bosses is human nature lah, happens everywhere. Actually, in this aspect, garment job is better than pte companies since the bosses, especially the high flying ones gets rotated across govt. So nothing is forever and always got chance to start afresh. Pte companies, if the bosses don't like u, gone case liao

If carry balls and carry eggs is your strength and bosses having their balls and
eggs being carried is their weakness,then,you have clear advantage.

Unregistered 10-02-2023 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239553)
About 2 weeks already.

mine also no news. HR didnt ask for any documents as well. I guess the search continues...

Unregistered 13-02-2023 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240136)
mine also no news. HR didnt ask for any documents as well. I guess the search continues...

what you applied and what your background ?

Unregistered 13-02-2023 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239717)

Thank you in advance

For me, the Agency HR send resume to director and they shortlist you for interview. my interview is next week.

Unregistered 21-02-2023 02:23 AM

Fresh graduate got rejected.

I feel really down today because I received an email a week after my interview, informing me that I was rejected. I can't help but wonder why the director who interviewed me didn't give me a chance. It's making me question if the interview is the only thing that matters. I'm feeling frustrated and keep asking myself, "Why, why, why?"

Unregistered 21-02-2023 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240778)
I feel really down today because I received an email a week after my interview, informing me that I was rejected. I can't help but wonder why the director who interviewed me didn't give me a chance. It's making me question if the interview is the only thing that matters. I'm feeling frustrated and keep asking myself, "Why, why, why?"

It is just 1 interview….in life gg to face more rejections…..

Unregistered 22-02-2023 11:41 AM

applied in mid Jan 23
emailed HR on 21 Feb 23
HR replied I was rejected in 21 Feb 23.

very fast response when it comes to rejection :(

Unregistered 22-02-2023 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240875)
applied in mid Jan 23
emailed HR on 21 Feb 23

May I know what position is this for?

Unregistered 22-02-2023 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240897)
May I know what position is this for?

Some tech position.

Unregistered 22-02-2023 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240875)
applied in mid Jan 23
emailed HR on 21 Feb 23

Wah, they may have forgotten about your application until you reminded them

Unregistered 23-02-2023 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240910)
Wah, they may have forgotten about your application until you reminded them

Carry balls,carry eggs...confirm that they wont forget about you.

Unregistered 23-02-2023 01:18 PM

Its so difficult to get a job in DSTA engineering dept without having a Engineering degree... While mine is Project & Facilities Mgt, i couldnt even secure an interview with them. giving up my hope to get into DSTA

Unregistered 25-02-2023 04:09 PM

DSTA TGP on-campus interview

Hi, anyone has attended the on-campus interview for DSTA TGP recently? How is the interview conducted and what can one expect from the interview?

Also, is it expected to wear formal for the on-campus interview, or will smart-casual attire be fine?

Thanks alot!

Unregistered 27-02-2023 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icy water (Post 28594)
My friend who went for dsta interview recently says salary lower than engineers. So the salaries posted cannot be the same for both engineers and procurement executive.

Different scheme and therefore different career plans,development and
pay range.

But i heard that DSTA procurement executives are in demand and
often 'snapped up' by other Gov stat boards should they 'give up'
On DSTA.