Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 12-01-2023 11:51 PM

How do the Apps Software Engineer (Nucleus) interview be like for fresh graduate?
Do they ask leetcode questions?
just standard hr questions?
tech interview (thoery type)?

Unregistered 17-01-2023 02:40 PM

It depends on what is your scope for the 4 gov projects. And what is your scope when you manage P1 juniors?

Unregistered 18-01-2023 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238648)
How do the Apps Software Engineer (Nucleus) interview be like for fresh graduate?
Do they ask leetcode questions?
just standard hr questions?
tech interview (thoery type)?

Standard hr questions like introduce yourself, what are the projects that you have done, what are the challenges that you faced and how you overcome, etc. There's no coding questions asked for me. Overall the interview is quite simple and straight-forward.

davidtanfour 18-01-2023 08:58 PM

May I know roughly how much pay will I be getting at SWE nucleus if I graduate with distinction at UOW (SIM)?

davidtanfour 18-01-2023 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238248)
13th month bonus is not really combined into monthly pay, but the variable/performance bonus got reduced while increasing your base salary by up to a 13th month equivalent salary, so you get lesser bonus with the new pay scheme, but overall similar annual compensation compared to before.

Its good for older staff because they got the adjustment, but newer staff who joined after the adjustment will only get pre adjusted salary with lesser bonus. Hence newer staff will have lower annual compensation for the same YOE/job scope.

Is variable and performance bonus tied together? lets say my performance isn't that good that year, will it affect performance and not variable bonus?

also, how many months are each of the bonuses?

sorry if it's a dumb question as its my first time applying for a job.

Unregistered 19-01-2023 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidtanfour (Post 238924)
Is variable and performance bonus tied together? lets say my performance isn't that good that year, will it affect performance and not variable bonus?

also, how many months are each of the bonuses?

sorry if it's a dumb question as its my first time applying for a job.

Incase you are wondering, they are tied tgt..

Unregistered 19-01-2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidtanfour (Post 238923)
May I know roughly how much pay will I be getting at SWE nucleus if I graduate with distinction at UOW (SIM)?

I think 4.8k-5k.

Unregistered 20-01-2023 05:27 PM

Does anyone know what is the nucleus program like?
Do you have to study and take exam while working at the same time?
Is this a good place for fresh graduate from computer science to gain experience and exposure?
Is it possible to just focus on the work rather than courses to attain the certificate?

Unregistered 20-01-2023 11:13 PM

5 Year structured program, different tracks undergo different training, SWE/Data analyst will go for masters certification under NUS ISS, the other tracks lan lan suck thumb no masters.

Yes, but 1 year masters curriculum spread over 5 years, pretty sure its not hard to attain the cert. And no you cannot complete the masters in less than 5 years even if you very fast, its gated by HR.

Is this a good place for fresh graduate from computer science to gain experience and exposure?
Gain experience and exposure definitely, you will be thrown to projects for OJT, don't mistake OJT for not delivering anything, you are a full time staff under nucleus, have to deliver or your performance grading will be crap. Also, starting pay of 4.8k applies to all nucleus, a fresh graduate from some 1 year private uni marketing degree will get the same pay and progression as a fresh graduate from NUS computer science with second upper.

Is it possible to just focus on the work rather than courses to attain the certificate?
No such thing. If can just use work experience get certificate without going through tests or exams then that cert is useless by default.

davidtanfour 21-01-2023 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239033)
5 Year structured program, different tracks undergo different training, SWE/Data analyst will go for masters certification under NUS ISS, the other tracks lan lan suck thumb no masters.

Yes, but 1 year masters curriculum spread over 5 years, pretty sure its not hard to attain the cert. And no you cannot complete the masters in less than 5 years even if you very fast, its gated by HR.

Gain experience and exposure definitely, you will be thrown to projects for OJT, don't mistake OJT for not delivering anything, you are a full time staff under nucleus, have to deliver or your performance grading will be crap. Also, starting pay of 4.8k applies to all nucleus, a fresh graduate from some 1 year private uni marketing degree will get the same pay and progression as a fresh graduate from NUS computer science with second upper.

No such thing. If can just use work experience get certificate without going through tests or exams then that cert is useless by default.

Hi bro, may i know under nucleus, how is the structure of the variable bonus? Is it one month bonus and depending on my performance grade?