Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   IMDA (under MCI) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11815-imda-under-mci.html)

Unregistered 29-09-2022 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167729)
Hmmm to protect the identity of my friend, i wont reveal the exact period he/she left, all i can say is not very long. He/she worked barely few months. According to my friend, tesa has super high turn over rate because the culture and the boss is toxic. The demoralization can be felt within weeks you are there because the boss has anger management issue and has the habit of "name and shame" you infront of internal and external parties. It just makes one feel so super unappreciated after long hours of working. People can't wait to leave for the sake of their mental well-being? In my point of view, i am actually quite shocked when my friend told me about such bosses because i thought such era should have long gone? And working in public service before we have a code of conduct to follow and i seriously doubted the capability of HR getting rid of such bosses.

Many people i spoke to agree that imda in general is working super long hours and is common to work past mid night because directions keep changing and so are the working document (e.g. PowerPoint) that is required to be submitted or presented to the management. It is all about amending papers and ppt to what the bosses would like it to be. The way my friend spoke about it makes me feel like, everyone is required to be a marketeer.

Yes that director is toxic...likes to openly berate and blast his staff resulting in them all quitting

Unregistered 30-09-2022 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231184)
Has anyone received any response from the AIM prog for IMDA?

Have received offer from them yesterday

Unregistered 02-10-2022 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230979)
IMDA HR came to my school recently to promote. But now when I compare what they said with the comments here, I know it was all ********.

You are wise. They are full of s**t

Unregistered 02-10-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229405)
Saw so many negative feedback about IMDA.
How about working in MCI?

In terms of culture, prospects and people, MCI is 100x better than IMDA, you don't even need to ****ing think twice

Unregistered 04-10-2022 01:56 AM

Anyone in imda censorship dept, how is it like there? I always see their job postings, is the turnover high?

Unregistered 05-10-2022 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231803)
In terms of culture, prospects and people, MCI is 100x better than IMDA, you don't even need to ****ing think twice

Are you from MCI? Cuz you can't be further away from the truth.

Unregistered 07-10-2022 03:29 AM

join if you’re into Naval sax

Unregistered 12-10-2022 08:13 PM

ex staff here

Agree that there's really something wrong with the recruitment policy under navy CE. Any regular joe and jane without ICT qualifications also can be shortlisted and even hired. And this peculiarity is even happening at AD and DD level. The result is the blind leading the blind.

Unregistered 14-10-2022 09:58 PM

In many departments not just ICT related like P**C where lawyers from AGC with no or little relevant experience are parachuted in on secondment and heavily favoured above other staff.

Unregistered 14-10-2022 10:06 PM

Correction: They don't just sit in P**C but also IMDA departments.