Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   IMDA (under MCI) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11815-imda-under-mci.html)

Unregistered 04-03-2022 07:20 PM

govtech benchmark against high tech

Unregistered 06-03-2022 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206239)
govtech benchmark against high tech

IMDA pay also benchmark against tech indy. U get paycut moving out of IMDA.

Unregistered 06-03-2022 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206514)
IMDA pay also benchmark against tech indy. U get paycut moving out of IMDA.

whole of tech industry not just tech engineering that govtech is based

Unregistered 08-03-2022 10:01 AM

hi all in IMDA, what is it like in Organisational Development? Is it considered a slack role?

Looking to transit to a relaxed division/role in public sector as I edge closer to retirement.

Unregistered 09-03-2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206812)
hi all in IMDA, what is it like in Organisational Development? Is it considered a slack role?

Looking to transit to a relaxed division/role in public sector as I edge closer to retirement.

I guess, u’ll probably be working with colleagues of your kind?

Unregistered 09-03-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206994)
I guess, u’ll probably be working with colleagues of your kind?

OIC, that's good to hear. Are the people working there are also older folks looking to lead a slower paced life?

Unregistered 09-03-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206812)

Good place to relax and shake leg. Next to MBC is Alexandra Retail Center which has a lot of nice eateries for tea break in the afternoon too. Always enjoyed eating encik tan at 3 PM when I was working there.

Unregistered 09-03-2022 07:34 PM

antoher i want work life balance. haha. go join already then know what is work no day no night

Unregistered 09-03-2022 07:39 PM

Pay ranges for IMDA officers

Hi,

Can I know if IMDA officers get paid similarly to the generic MX scheme?

Unregistered 09-03-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167729)
Hmmm to protect the identity of my friend, i wont reveal the exact period he/she left, all i can say is not very long. He/she worked barely few months. According to my friend, tesa has super high turn over rate because the culture and the boss is toxic. The demoralization can be felt within weeks you are there because the boss has anger management issue and has the habit of "name and shame" you infront of internal and external parties. It just makes one feel so super unappreciated after long hours of working. People can't wait to leave for the sake of their mental well-being? In my point of view, i am actually quite shocked when my friend told me about such bosses because i thought such era should have long gone? And working in public service before we have a code of conduct to follow and i seriously doubted the capability of HR getting rid of such bosses.

Many people i spoke to agree that imda in general is working super long hours and is common to work past mid night because directions keep changing and so are the working document (e.g. PowerPoint) that is required to be submitted or presented to the management. It is all about amending papers and ppt to what the bosses would like it to be. The way my friend spoke about it makes me feel like, everyone is required to be a marketeer.

i know who that boss is...well known to be immature despite being 50yo. He has a partner in crime also.