Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   CSA (Cyber Security Agency) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11355-csa-cyber-security-agency.html)

Unregistered 10-05-2021 06:48 PM

The only worthwhile cert is the modularmasters in cybersecurity from SUTD. CCNA is fine but CEH is a complete waste of time for degree holders since CISSP is the far superior cert.

Don't expect to learn much if you came from infosec background since the course is tailored towards ppl with no prior cybersecurity background or mid career switchers.

Unregistered 10-05-2021 10:31 PM

I done CEH before, its just an entry cert. Ur info sec degree is worth more than it.
Note that the course gives u a grad cert from SUTD, not a postmodular master.

Unregistered 10-05-2021 11:08 PM

So the general consensus is that the CSDP isn't that useful for a fresh grad from cybersecurity background, looking for a career in cybersecurity?

Unregistered 11-05-2021 01:31 PM

I think is the cert they ask you to do in that 3 month is not really that great. Ceh is like no one give a **** cert and than ccna, alot of course in poly or uni included that.

This 2 cert dun really make you better in compare to ppl who dun have it.

Unregistered 12-05-2021 08:28 PM

Ultimately, it is up to what offers you have and what you want.
Experience is worth more than certs in the end, if you just join for certs.

Unregistered 12-05-2021 09:20 PM

Hi everyone. I would like to apologize in advance if this is a repeated post. I have just received an email stating that I have been shortlisted. Is there any advice on what to expect for the take-home assessment, and the interview?

Unregistered 25-05-2021 02:52 PM

TBH CSDP is just a way for CSA to attract more fresh grad to join. As a fresh grad u will draw a decent starting pay as well as free certification that is recognized by the cyber sec industry. Imo it is very good for fresh graduates to earn some industry recognized certs as well as gain some working experience via this program.

One downside is that, especially for CSA, will be branded as a training academy where freshgrade/mid career just join to gain certifications and leave after the 1.5-2 years contract.

Unregistered 25-05-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170451)
TBH CSDP is just a way for CSA to attract more fresh grad to join. As a fresh grad u will draw a decent starting pay as well as free certification that is recognized by the cyber sec industry. Imo it is very good for fresh graduates to earn some industry recognized certs as well as gain some working experience via this program.

One downside is that, especially for CSA, will be branded as a training academy where freshgrade/mid career just join to gain certifications and leave after the 1.5-2 years contract.

Heard the starting pay is like 3.8-4k. That's decent but below market rate. Not surprising if they're not getting the good candidates.

Unregistered 25-05-2021 07:19 PM

It is a gov job, dun expect that it can match the private coms.
Have to adjust expectations if you join gov agencies.

Unregistered 26-05-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170502)
It is a gov job, dun expect that it can match the private coms.
Have to adjust expectations if you join gov agencies.

3.8 - 4k is not even close to matching other govt agencies