Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   CSA (Cyber Security Agency) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11355-csa-cyber-security-agency.html)

jobseeker91 23-01-2019 10:33 PM

CSA (Cyber Security Agency)
 
Hi,

Anyone working at Cyber Security Agency (CSA) can advise?
What is the pay like and how is the culture over there?

Unregistered 24-01-2019 05:39 PM

They seem to be parked under Ministry MCI, so should be similar pay to Ministry schemes?

Unregistered 25-01-2019 06:03 AM

For your own sake, don't step into CSA

Unregistered 25-01-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113374)
For your own sake, don't step into CSA

What's wrong with CSA?

Unregistered 25-01-2019 07:06 PM

Should be good right? Cybersecurity is the IN thing.

Unregistered 25-01-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113387)
Should be good right? Cybersecurity is the IN thing.

lol only paperwork in csa. cyber security is the IN thing but definitely not paper work security lol

Unregistered 25-01-2019 09:55 PM

jokers
 
heard there is a special cybersecurity scheme? anyone on it care to share more?

jobseeker91 25-01-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113390)
lol only paperwork in csa. cyber security is the IN thing but definitely not paper work security lol

What kind of paperwork? Can't be everyday look at computer right?

Unregistered 26-01-2019 08:55 AM

They call it Cyber Security Professional Scheme. You can google that term. I'm not sure I can say much.

Unregistered 26-01-2019 11:10 AM

Quite crappy scheme, termed to be for cybersecurity professionals but doesnt pay a dime for cybersecurityrelated certifications renewal / memberships. HR here needs to be replaced with someone that has hired cybersecurity folks before to understand the needs of professionals.

Unregistered 28-01-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113404)
Quite crappy scheme, termed to be for cybersecurity professionals but doesnt pay a dime for cybersecurityrelated certifications renewal / memberships. HR here needs to be replaced with someone that has hired cybersecurity folks before to understand the needs of professionals.

What about salary? Surely there must be some incentive?

Unregistered 31-01-2019 06:50 AM

If you are only interested in the salary, CSA definitely not the place for you. Private sector amd even many other government agencies pay more. If you are interested in honing your technical skills, also not the place for you.There are very good people just being wasted away.

Unregistered 02-02-2019 12:54 PM

Better go CSIT instead instead if you are looking in cybersec

zero_88 05-02-2019 02:20 AM

2 page and there is no salary?

so what is the actual salary?

Unregistered 07-02-2019 03:15 PM

CSA base pay is low however they have good bonus (about 4 mths including AWS). Apart from that, you won't learn much hands on skill in CSA but you will look at policy making, risk management, agency engagement and alot of PR work. It really depends on what you want to achieve in this industry.

Unregistered 07-03-2019 03:57 PM

$$$
 
I hear my fellow peers inside CSA getting 4.4k, 16 month package. KNN fresh grad already pay so much WTF!

anyone got visibility to this scheme bonus?

Unregistered 07-03-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114562)
I hear my fellow peers inside CSA getting 4.4k, 16 month package. KNN fresh grad already pay so much WTF!

anyone got visibility to this scheme bonus?

that is probably average performer liao. probably can go 2-3 more month is high performer??

Unregistered 10-03-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114562)
I hear my fellow peers inside CSA getting 4.4k, 16 month package. KNN fresh grad already pay so much WTF!

anyone got visibility to this scheme bonus?

Sound so salty. Govt recognise need so pay better to get people mah.

Unregistered 14-03-2019 11:49 AM

Anyone working here who got their PB yet? What’s the usual range?

Unregistered 14-03-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114820)
Anyone working here who got their PB yet? What’s the usual range?

Usual Ministry range. C is 1.5

Unregistered 15-03-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114820)
Anyone working here who got their PB yet? What’s the usual range?

Grade 4 here and i scored B, 4 months.

Unregistered 15-03-2019 01:22 PM

Sure or not, one say C 1.5, the other B 4, might as well say A 6...

Unregistered 16-03-2019 10:17 AM

Different pay grade, different bonus structure.

Unregistered 18-03-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114921)
Different pay grade, different bonus structure.

So is payout better or worst of than last yr?

Unregistered 02-06-2019 05:10 PM

$$$
 
Another round of pay adjustments/increment coming up, so pls go join them!

Unregistered 03-06-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115059)
So is payout better or worst of than last yr?

Same as last year?

Unregistered 03-06-2019 06:44 PM

Folks, heard there is pay revision coming, whats the deal?

Unregistered 19-06-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119908)
Folks, heard there is pay revision coming, whats the deal?

No deal for you then.

Unregistered 19-06-2019 10:29 PM

My goodness.. After so many pages, still not one useful information about CSA..

Unregistered 19-06-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120643)
My goodness.. After so many pages, still not one useful information about CSA..

What do you want to know?

Unregistered 20-06-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120645)
What do you want to know?

Hows the work culture there? Will need to do civil-service type of thing?

Unregistered 20-06-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120683)
Hows the work culture there? Will need to do civil-service type of thing?

No matter what, CSA is still part of MCI so yes, will still need to do "civil-service type of thing". Work culture wise, you can read glassdoor.

Unregistered 20-06-2019 08:57 PM

How much does a AD earn? Total around 6 year exp.

Unregistered 20-06-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120692)
How much does a AD earn? Total around 6 year exp.

6 years will only get you at manager grade

Unregistered 20-06-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120692)
How much does a AD earn? Total around 6 year exp.

6 years is senior manager at best.

Unregistered 20-06-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120692)
How much does a AD earn? Total around 6 year exp.

If you want to know 6 yr exp is what, just go linkedin and find out..

Unregistered 21-06-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120691)
No matter what, CSA is still part of MCI so yes, will still need to do "civil-service type of thing". Work culture wise, you can read glassdoor.

Glassdoor show 2.8 * only. but only a few review so hard to make call on whether good or not..

Unregistered 21-06-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120726)
Glassdoor show 2.8 * only. but only a few review so hard to make call on whether good or not..

If you are a fresh grad, don't join. If you want a job to retire, good place for you. "Retirees" in CSA tend to claim the credit of work done by the younger staffs.

Unregistered 21-06-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120728)
If you are a fresh grad, don't join. If you want a job to retire, good place for you. "Retirees" in CSA tend to claim the credit of work done by the younger staffs.

I heard the people there are generally "young". Sounds wierd then for young people to still wanna join there then..?

Unregistered 21-06-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120729)
I heard the people there are generally "young". Sounds wierd then for young people to still wanna join there then..?

Good marketing by interviewers. Right now there is a lot of focus on hiring middle managers, creating unnecessary bureacratic layers.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2