Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   CSA (Cyber Security Agency) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11355-csa-cyber-security-agency.html)

Unregistered 19-04-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165530)
Hi,

To answer to the 2 post above me, I had 1 interview with 4 interviewers. After the interview they asked me to take a written test which I cleared, and then a SANS online exam.

The process it self took very long like a few weeks between each step. After the SANS exam it took them like 3 weeks before they got back to me with the offer yesterday.

Can share more on the following?

The written test was a take home assignment? What did the interviewers asked?

Thanks!

Unregistered 23-04-2021 08:41 PM

What is the salary for CSDP?

Unregistered 09-05-2021 08:07 PM

Is the cyber security development program worth to join? They pay salary during the training?

Unregistered 09-05-2021 09:40 PM

Would also like to know if the CSDP an effective programme for developing skillsets, are the first 3 mth training useful? What about the next 15 month on job training?

Anyone got any idea what is the pay range for 2nd upper also?

Thank you

Unregistered 09-05-2021 09:55 PM

My opinion is that for the first 3 months is more of paper chase and also maybe know a bit more of cybersecurity. Take note that this is a gov agency, so the exposure to tech is not as much as outside company. There are always good and bad.

Unregistered 09-05-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168163)
My opinion is that for the first 3 months is more of paper chase and also maybe know a bit more of cybersecurity. Take note that this is a gov agency, so the exposure to tech is not as much as outside company. There are always good and bad.

As a fresh grad from cybersecurity, would the first 3 months to chase certs be worth it? I think it would look good to add into my resume.

What would you say are the good and bad? I believe CSA is actually trying to beef up the cybersecurity capabilities of its employees through CSDP?

Unregistered 10-05-2021 10:13 AM

for the first 3 month, you chasing what cert?

Unregistered 10-05-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168188)
for the first 3 month, you chasing what cert?

The CCNA and CEH for the first 3 months.

Was comparing to other jobs, where they may or may not have time for you to learn the certifications, would it still be advisable to join CSDP?

Other company would have higher pay, but the learning opportunities and guidance may not be there, so trying to think between CSDP and other companies.

I assume you are currently in the CSDP? how did you find the first 3 months of training?

Unregistered 10-05-2021 11:47 AM

if i tell you, CCNA and CEH is waste of time you believe or not?

outside people is doing cissp or oscp

Unregistered 10-05-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168201)
if i tell you, CCNA and CEH is waste of time you believe or not?

outside people is doing cissp or oscp

Yes, personally i've taken CEHv9 last time, felt like didn't learn much.

That's why still deliberating should take CSDP or not. Although guaranteed certs, but caliber of certs questionable. Not sure if CSDP is a good programme for a fresh grad looking at career in cybersecurity