Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
First time poster here for the avoidance of doubt.

Calm your titties, the majority of people on this thread are STUDENTS. Your condescension, salary and big ego to match should have no place if you know who the audience is here.

Besides, just to play you at your own game, you do know that you M&A/finance advisory lawyers are just here to cover our backs right? I'm in a bulge bracket investment banking role (general IBD coverage) in Singapore and we only call on you guys when the client insists or compliance breaks our backs about it. And what's the big deal about 20k 6PQE? My associate earns more than that excluding bonus and perks (and he's 4 years out of school)

Also, this reminds me. A couple of weeks ago one of you guys (CC, A&O, LL, FF - deliberately being vague for anonymity) sent a couple of EQUITY partners (APAC-head level) to our office to give us a presentation on 'Asia anti-trust laws'. Tbh 90% of the bankers in the room couldn't give a crap about any of this - all we wanted was to get back to finishing up our work so we could leave the office before midnight that day.

So know your place and stop being such a dick - we were all students once. And go ahead, try saying I'm not in BB front-office IBD - happy to oblige with non identifiable proof if I ever have the time or inclination to do so
BB IBD bankers don't waste time reading and writing about things which don't impact their lives. Only Boredphuck lawyers like us do. So be a dutiful slave, stop daydreaming about IBD and go back to churning your docs.