Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ex jc poly dropout now nus msc got hope left?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukawat View Post
i am sick of teaching english, it is a dead end job. i want to play the usual SG middle class script and get an iron rice bowl in the civil service and rise to some minor department head etc (>6k in 5-10 years time i will be satisfied to work till retirement, get married, 1/2 kids and die...the usual sg middle class script).

thats why i bothered to read the msc at nus and tried to get a 4.6 gpa. but actually it was luck, and the course was not really hard.

as for pes, no one in private world has ever asked about that, the most they ask is NS served? what date? even if they ask, i will just come clean and say i had depression and was downgraded but have been happy as a lark since then.

i think pes e is a bonus in private world.
I don't think you are being realistic about this whole thing. You have effectively no relevant work experience and a checkered past both in terms of mental health and education qualifications.

If your whole mentality for joining civil service is to cruise along iron rice bowl expecting to be made a department head in 5-10 years time with this sort of CV and attitude then you are in for a serious wake up call.