Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQ Worker View Post
To facilitate said research…

My calculations for hypothetical teacher who left 14 years ago at GEO1A2 (GEO4), drawing 4.7k… chances are would have hit GEO5 by now, with quite a good chance of taking home above 7k. Really depends on annual performance though, which would affect annual increment.

Very hard to estimate progression if assumed KP or ST role. If we assume the officer made SEO1 along the way, maybe $150 annual increment + about $500 from two promotion increments… maybe around $7.5k? 8?

Again, caveat - I don't really fully understand how the increments are calculated. It's also really impossible to guess what would have happened in the years since 2003.
I think you have some fundamental misunderstanding on how the whole system works.

Average performers do not reach the cap of the teaching track in the first place. In any level, salary will reduce significantly once they cross the mid-point. As one gets closer to the salary cap, it is very difficult to get any increment unless the performance rating is top notch.

The above poster is right in the sense that 6.5k is likely where the hypothetical teacher will land as a GEO5 or SEO1. Of course you can argue if he is high potential in the management track he can make more as a VP or Principal, but that's not what the original guy was asking.