Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2017, 04:08 PM

jrbearus is on a distinguished road

Entry qualifications as the phrase implies it is meant to assess your capability.

Once you are in, your CEP is determined by your performance, viz your supervisor. Do not assume CEP is always one or two grades higher. It can be the same as your current job grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please dont go around talking nonsense. CEP is NOT based on your entry educational qualifcations like class of honours.

CEP is strictly based on the estimated performance level of the incumbent, and what he can achieve as observed by his reporting officer (RO), supervising officer and the organisation.

I say this because I know people in my organisation who are pass/pass with merit degree holder, diploma holders who have high CEP. I have a pass with merit degree and I have a pretty decent CEP as well.

So please dont believe that CEP is given based on class of honours. Utter nonsense.

Anyway, based on the above case, I would think CEP is usually 1-2 grades higher than current rank/grade. Of course, CEP will be reviewed for higher grade in due course.