Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Job Offer Suggestion
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will have to disagree on this. I don't think just because you are doing documentation for business loans with higher average amounts means it needs higher qualification then consumer loans. This is not how the banking sector works.

Neither are consumer loans "less important", where are you getting all these strange ideas?

Corporate/SME banking and consumer banking are different and each have their pros and cons. But just because you are a contractor for corporate banking ops doesn't make you superior to a contractor supporting the consumer side.

At the end of the day, I understand you probably feel a bit conned by the bank which is true. If you think like that, then better to just reject the offer and continue to apply. But don't reject because you somehow think doing documentation for business loans is more elite and sophisticated then consumer loans, they are about par, i.e. contractor for the BO operations.
hi there thank you for the advice. I do not think that corporate loan is more superior to consumer loan, except that I was expecting more responsibilities to come from the former since greater figures require more diligence.
The biggest concern of mine is that the job scope in my contract has suddenly shrunk to 1 sentence (making calls to lenders about credit card application), whereas the jd which i went for the interview for consisted of one whole list of responsibilities.
It seems there is now far lesser work for me to do and that worries me since less work means less learning and hence prospects. I have no idea why this is happening but I did inform them about it and they have arranged a meeting for me with the hiring manager.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app