Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Job Offer Suggestion
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi in the interview the manager talked about asset management and stuff giving the impression that this was a business loan which entails greater responsibilities since the loan amounts are far larger. I researched on the title as well and the credit doc role falls under asset management. However now the description offered to me seems to be more on consumer loans which is far smaller and less important. Hence while there are similarities, the 2 are actually very different in every ways including the qualifications needed
I will have to disagree on this. I don't think just because you are doing documentation for business loans with higher average amounts means it needs higher qualification then consumer loans. This is not how the banking sector works.

Neither are consumer loans "less important", where are you getting all these strange ideas?

Corporate/SME banking and consumer banking are different and each have their pros and cons. But just because you are a contractor for corporate banking ops doesn't make you superior to a contractor supporting the consumer side.

At the end of the day, I understand you probably feel a bit conned by the bank which is true. If you think like that, then better to just reject the offer and continue to apply. But don't reject because you somehow think doing documentation for business loans is more elite and sophisticated then consumer loans, they are about par, i.e. contractor for the BO operations.